forum

Don't let hitcircleoverlay.png cover the hitcircle numbers [Resolved] [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

LuigiHann
That's used for the lighting effect in the default skin

It can be toggled in skin.ini, but maybe I'll suggest having it off by default in map-specific skins
Neo@lex
Why not just make it transparent?
LuigiHann

neo@lex wrote:

Why not just make it transparent?
There are certain effects you wouldn't be able to do. Like, for instance, the effect in the screenshot he posted
foulcoon
I'd support the request but please don't use those hitcircles, they're ugly and horrible.
LuigiHann

foulcoon wrote:

I'd support the request but please don't use those hitcircles, they're ugly and horrible.
+1 Support
Topic Starter
Larto
That map is already ranked and I said don't comment on the skin and I didn't even use the hitcircles and I know the skin is horrible and that's why I didn't use it and I only made it for the purpose of making this topic because I often have seen problems like this so FUCK YOU guys.
qlum

foulcoon wrote:

I agree those hitcircles realy ar horrible
Gens

qlum wrote:

I agree those hitcircles realy ar horrible

Larto wrote:

(No comment about the skin it isn't finished yet >_>)

Larto wrote:

That map is already ranked and I said don't comment on the skin and I didn't even use the hitcircles
Jarby
I actually like those hitcircles. Is there something wrong with me?
Derekku

JarJarJacob wrote:

I actually like those hitcircles. Is there something wrong with me?
I kinda like them too. But the little bits on the left/right where the circle is bulging out bugs me arghhhhh
Topic Starter
Larto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Fine.

I agree +Support etc

Happy? <3
Topic Starter
Larto
Thank you
mm201
peppy

MetalMario201 wrote:

In my experience, hitcircleoverlay.png was above the numbers for hitcircles, but below them for sliders, which was even more strange.
fixed ages ago

MetalMario201 wrote:

Would be best IMO if there were two separate images: one which is always below the number and one which is always above it.
not going to happen
LuigiHann

peppy
*adds back to todo list*
Gens
Hellooo is anybody heree
I need this. :(
RandomJibberish
I support this. I'm making a skin that kinda hacks the overlay system, but it doesn't work with the numbers underneath :P
LuigiHann

RandomJibberish wrote:

I support this. I'm making a skin that kinda hacks the overlay system, but it doesn't work with the numbers underneath :P
if you're making a stand-alone skin (and not a per-map skin) then you can edit skin.ini to fix that
mm201
Gens' Pokéball hitcircles are a good example of something that needs this. The bottoms should always be white, but the tops should vary in colour.

Of course, the numbers should be on top of the whole balls, not half covered up.
RandomJibberish

LuigiHann wrote:

RandomJibberish wrote:

if you're making a stand-alone skin (and not a per-map skin) then you can edit skin.ini to fix that
I know, but I might want to use it on a map sometime too~
Gens
Can the overlay bug LuigiHann pointed be ticketed?
peppy
peppy
(+) [peppy] Added beatmap-level toggle for overlay depth. Under [General] add OverlayPosition: above or below (above or below the combo number).
(*) [peppy] Fixed hitcicleoverlay depth on sliders.
karma_komodo
isnt transparency ocurring like if it were drawn twice in the beggining of a slider?