forum

How fast can you single tap / techniques

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loves
Like 120 for short bursts and 90-100 normally.
dMaxb
;
lolcubes
Unless the whole song has ridiculous bpm like 220 and above where I just have to singleclick all 1/2 notes so I don't lose my pace, I will always alternate faster things, even on 110 BPM 1/4 and upwards.

How fast can you single tap triples? I never do this, unless it's only a few and in 110~120bpm range.
How about longer streams? Above answer.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I don't singletap with keyboard.
What keys do you single tap with? Above answer, I singleclick with mouse.
djjsixpack

lolcubes wrote:

Unless the whole song has ridiculous bpm like 220 and above where I just have to singleclick all 1/2 notes so I don't lose my pace, I will always alternate faster things, even on 110 BPM 1/4 and upwards.
Pretty much this.

My max single tap is 115-120 BPM, 130 for maybe like 5 or 6 notes. But I single tap with my finger, not my wrist.

As for the map that you posted, I guess you could single tap it. But why bother singling it when it's much easier, and probably more stable, to alternate?

How fast can you single tap triples? 130-140 bpm, but I will alternate it because I generally get bad acc when singling this speed
How about longer streams? I dunno I always alternate them. Probably 110-120 bpm for 20 notes
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I have used many keyboards, but only one mech which is my best one.
What keys do you single tap with? D, index
Kanye West
How fast can you single tap triples? depending on spacing, 150 bpm accurately, ~165 with 100/50.
How about longer streams? 135 bpm, 140 on a very good day
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? only played osu with scissor switch, rubber dome, and blue switch. pretty clear choice.
What keys do you single tap with? a/s, I can singletap faster with index finger but with worse accuracy. So I use middle finger.
buny
depends on how many notes in succession
Loves

Kanye West wrote:

How fast can you single tap triples? depending on spacing, 150 bpm accurately, ~165 with 100/50.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? only played osu with scissor switch, rubber dome, and blue switch. pretty clear choice.
What keys do you single tap with? a/s, I can singletap faster with index finger but with worse accuracy. So I use middle finger.
He had a girlfriend. Once.
Kanye West

Lily-Kun wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

He had a girlfriend. Once.
Sadly.
Loves

Kanye West wrote:

Sadly.

At least she died happy :)
Kanye West

Lily-Kun wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Sadly.

At least she died happy :)
Contrary to popular belief, singletap speed does not make you better in bed.
-GN

Kanye West wrote:

Wait, someone did the research?
Kanye West

-GN wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

Wait, someone did the research?
;)
buny
it does in my bed
Shiro
I single-tapped BASARA (130 BPM) and got 99% accuracy. I can singletap Vanessa too (135 BPM 1/4 streams) but I get tired and unaccurate at the end. On shorter streaks I can up to 150 BPM.

I single tap with my middle finger and usually move my whole wrist/arm.
GoldenWolf
How fast can you single tap triples? 120bpm on normal days, above 160-180 on good ones
How about longer streams? 120bpm for about 50 circles on very good days, 10-15 on normal days
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I had a logitech G11 before, no difference in singletap speed/stamina
What keys do you single tap with? w/x, my index finger is faster and more accurate though, middle finger feels awkward :(

And I only use my arm for singletap
BeatofIke
How fast can you single tap triples? 120 BPM and lower!
How about longer streams? 120 BPM and lower!
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? No, I use my laptop keyboard to play osu!
What keys do you single tap with? c/v

I generally do not single tap streams!
Almost
How fast can you single tap triples? 190bpm
How about longer streams? 150bpm (very inaccurately)
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I've used my a friends conventional keyboard before and my own laptop keyboard. My own keyboard is easier to single tap with simply because I've pressed the key so much (and I also hit the key with quite a lot of unnecessary force) that it has become incredibly light to tap.
What keys do you single tap with? n
I only single tap streams that are 130bpm or lower because streaming that slowly is irritating and I never single tap triplets. I single tap fast by vibrating my hand because it is more accurate and can be done for longer periods of time then vibrating your arm.
Naikaze
How fast can you single tap triples? 180-190 1/4
How about longer streams?150 and lower 1/4
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? Only laptop keyboars
What keys do you single tap with?A / S
Rokk
How fast can you single tap triples? 280 BPM
How about longer streams? 240 BPM
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? I've tried the Logitech G110 rubber dome keyboard, as well as my laptop's keyboard, and a very old IBM mechanical keyboard. The IBMl was by far the best, the G110 was pretty good, and the laptop one is decent.
What keys do you single tap with? The Z key

For VERY fast deathstreams (Think 500 BPM, which I'm pretty sure isn't rankable), I can hypertense my arm to the point of vibration and pass the stream, albeit a bit inaccurately.
lolcubes
I like how nobody mentions what type of BPM, 1/2, 1/4 or maybe even 1/1 lol. Just a number can imply it's 1/1. ;)
LnDSuv
How fast can you single tap triples? 150-160 BPM triples all 300s.
How about longer streams? 1/4 notes at 130 BPM with high accuracy, I can tap faster, but accuracy suffers.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? Quick Fire TK blue switches > old rubber dome keyboard > laptop keyboard.
What keys do you single tap with? X.
Shiro

lolcubes wrote:

I like how nobody mentions what type of BPM, 1/2, 1/4 or maybe even 1/1 lol. Just a number can imply it's 1/1. ;)
Single-tapping is usually given in 1/4 beats because it gives numbers that are easy to understand (usually between in the 100-250 range, even for alternating). People instantly understand how fast 150 BPM (implied: 1/4) is, but it'd be hard to understand what 600 BPM 1/1 is.
Tanzklaue
if I talk singletap I normally talk in 1/2.
lolcubes

Shiro wrote:

Single-tapping is usually given in 1/4 beats because it gives numbers that are easy to understand (usually between in the 100-250 range, even for alternating). People instantly understand how fast 150 BPM (implied: 1/4) is, but it'd be hard to understand what 600 BPM 1/1 is.
You have a point.

However...

Teraku wrote:

:D

Also hi Shiro wb.
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
Most of us mean 1/4, I thought it's obvious.

djjsixpack wrote:

As for the map that you posted, I guess you could single tap it. But why bother singling it when it's much easier, and probably more stable, to alternate
Intresting, I've always found single tapping a lot easier and more accurate as long as you can keep up with the speed. No wonder people start alternating early, if it's more accurate for most people.

Teraku wrote:

For VERY fast deathstreams (Think 500 BPM).
Passing it isn't streaming 500bpm, that's just passing 500bpm. You stream 500bpm once you hit them all (and you probably mean 1/2) :P
But don't you think that even surviving 250bpm 1/4 by single tapping is nearly impossible? Most people can't even pass Mad Machine by alternating, and that's only 20bpm faster.
buny
I always thought I was an above average single tapper, but according to this thread everyone is better than me.
theowest
I only single tap when the distance is too hard to alternate or when the bpm is under 120 bpm.
DakeDekaane
How fast can you single tap triples? 120 bpm 1/4 stream (240 bpm 1/2)
How about longer strems? Up to 109 bpm 1/4 stream up to 9-12 pretty accurately (maybe 1-2 random 100, I can't aim properly on streams while hitting), I'm able to do up to 120 bpm, but I always feel more safe alternating in something in 110 or higher.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? Laptop keyboard
What keys do you single tap with? V, index

buny wrote:

I always thought I was an above average single tapper, but according to this thread everyone is better than me.
Everybody lies :v
silmarilen
How fast can you single tap triples?
how fast i can single tap them? no clue, probably pretty high, i wouldnt be surprised if i could do 180 bpm, but i only do it when its like below 120 bpm.
How about longer streams?
depends on how long, i can single tap 140-145 bpm 1/4 if its like 10 notes at most, but when it gets into the 20-30+ i cant go much higher than 120 bpm
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better?
well, i didnt try different keyboard, i just bought new keyboards sometimes, and i never really compared them, i just started playing with the new one.
What keys do you single tap with?
z, middle finger

also at the discussion above, i normally talk in 1/2 notes aswell, but since these questions are specifically about single tapping streams it makes sense to use the 1/4 speed

and at the song in the OP, i did those with alternating and i got 2x 100 on it.
i did this map singletapping tho, which is 140 bpm https://osu.ppy.sh/b/162994
Rokk

lolcubes wrote:

lolcubes wrote:

However...

Teraku wrote:

:D
Yeah, I was talking about 1/1.

Should've mentioned.
kriers
[img]How fast can you single tap triples? I never singletap triples faster than 130 bpm
How about longer streams? Could happen on 130 bpm or below, but I just don't see the point in trying when I don't drop accuracy from using 2 keys.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? a filco redswitch and a blackwidow ultimate. Filco is miles better by build and red switches beats anything else I've tried, including brown.
What keys do you single tap with? I rotate constantly using either Z or X. I sometimes supply with mouse clicks.[/img]
GoldenWolf

Teraku wrote:

Should've mentioned.
I think you're talking about 1/2

Or else you're really slow
XK2238
I'm not a std player, but:
How fast can you single tap triples? Near 170 1/4, but I can't keep doing that consecutively (assuming that the "triples" are in 1/4s)
How about longer streams? Alternate.
Have you tried more than 1 keyboard, which one was better? Nope, I only have one.
What keys do you single tap with? From my config of S and D, I singletap with D. Sometimes I switch to S too.
Rokk

GoldenWolf wrote:

Teraku wrote:

Should've mentioned.
I think you're talking about 1/2

Or else you're really slow
I could probably single tap faster, but I eventually gave up on trying to measure how quick/slow I am.
HML
Can only stream 240 :/ makes me sad ;-;
gregest
necro,stop necroing
B1rd
ugh
Barusamikosu

HML wrote:

Can only stream 240 :/ makes me sad ;-;
Go get some DT stream PP.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/38235
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/131006