forum

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri
I wanted to know if someone here played it. I LOVE Studio Ghibli and after I heard they where working on a Game together with Level-5 I was so exited. Just to find out that Japanese still hate XBOX so I can't play it.

It gets tons of awesome reviews & I think it looks amazing, even if I couldn't lay hand on it longer than 20minutes-1hour I still enjoyed it a lot and I don't think that is because I'm so undeniable in love with Studio Ghibli. Your thoughts?

Ps.: For the guys who don't know Studio Ghibli (What would really Surprise me here)
Some of their Films:
- Princess Mononoke
- Spirited Away
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Castle in the Sky
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- Spirited Away
heintsi
Yup, got it today, a day earlier than expected(tomorrow's official release day here). Only grasped it from surface as I just got home from work, but by far it feels and looks so fantastic, cute and heartwarming at same time.
From what i've played it, it reminds me a little, but just a little of the Harry Potter.(please don't kill me for comparing this to hp). I mean, the detailed and lengthy book of wiseard and the playful language they use in it, they all remind me of the texts found in hp. I also think it wouldn't be impossible to think that my character is going to magic school soon. And this isn't bad thing at all. Only, and only bad thing i've found by far is the lack of frames in animation parts. I mean, come on ghibli, you guys did so well in your movies, don't be lazy now! And it seems that Studio Ghibli still can't draw tears or drops of water .. :'D
Overall, seems to be as good as I expected to be, a great find. Oh, and get a collector's edition if you can or have extra money. I couldn't ;u; That book would be so epic to have physically..

And OP, do yourself a favor and go out and buy a ps3.
Topic Starter
Shadowyuri

heintsi wrote:

Only, and only bad thing i've found by far is the lack of frames in animation parts. I mean, come on ghibli, you guys did so well in your movies, don't be lazy now!
Thats Studio-5 & not Ghibli's fault. Or do you mean in Ghibli's Cutscene's ?
Also, as easy going as the graphics look the shaders are pretty hardware intensive.

heintsi wrote:

And it seems that Studio Ghibli still can't draw tears or drops of water .. :'D
That's something I highly doubt for some reason. Did you see Arrietty? The way they drew every
kind of liquid while following all rules of physic was incredibly well done.

heintsi wrote:

And OP, do yourself a favor and go out and buy a ps3.
I don't have "da moneyz". I would already have one if I could. Metal Gear Solid 4 would be reason enough :(
heintsi
I mean cutscenes yes, the animation itself was really smooth and it was so pretty to look at.~
Arrietty is one of the few movies i haven't seen yet. >: But the reason to why i think they can't draw drops of water or tears is the drops looks more like huge blobs of jelly or something. And imo the water on Oliver's mom's face after the swim scene looked like a sticky blob of quicksilver, it wasn't very liquid-y to me. But that is the only thing I dislike about ghibli's animation.~
awp
I've heard lots of pretty good things about it but I still have no idea what it is
Ekaru

awp wrote:

I've heard lots of pretty good things about it but I still have no idea what it is
To my knowledge, Pokemon X Xenoblade X Studio Ghibliajdfnolsagvnoioijnpdsohvoiasfhn
theowest

super spoiler

gameplay

omg I want it, but it's not worth getting a PS3 for it.
awp

Ekaru wrote:

To my knowledge, Pokemon X Xenoblade X Studio Ghibliajdfnolsagvnoioijnpdsohvoiasfhn
Selphie was telling me a bit about it. I'm not a huge Studio Ghibli fan but apparently the game stands well on its own. I didn't play Xenoblade but an ARPG Pokemon would be cool
NoHitter
Why does that trailer remind me so much of Legend of Zelda?
theowest

NoHitter wrote:

Why does that trailer remind me so much of Legend of Zelda?
Colourful, adventure, action-rpg, Japanese,
heintsi
GT sums up the game really well. It is indeed a mix of lot of rpgs. Be it or not, I really recommend that everyone who likes rpgs plays it.~

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/9g5ua4/ni-no-kuni--wrath-of-the-white-witch-review

Also I think the voice acting is quite good, I might actually switch character voices to english on this one.
Mianki
I'm hunting for awhile the Limit Edition (since I ordered a PS3) but don't think I'll be getting one. Hopefully I'll be playing this next week :P