forum

Allow edit userpage when silenced [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Macacito
that
deadbeat
sounds better suited for feature requests, so movied
[Luanny]
agreed
specially when the silence is long
theowest
text can always be removed if you abuse it
whymeman
Honestly speaking, I can already see that being abused. Here's my example....

Original Post: "Go **** yourself (insert name here)

v v v v v

Post merits a silence for offensive language -> Attempt to edit -> "Screw you mods" (or some offensive quote towards justified moderation)

v v v v v

Edits post again to something either not offensive, or wipe the original post clean with a blank space. -> Demand for silence removal.
TheVileOne
You can just edit your signature if you wanted to do that. I assume you still have that permission. If that happens they can receive a ban you know or have their privileges revoked. We have mods who can do things if people abuse it.
Soaprman
I've got this. Don't allow actual editing, but put a button they can click to change their userpage to "Team Rocket's blasting off agaaaaaaaiiinnn!!!!!" until the silence ends.
Flanster

Soaprman wrote:

I've got this. Don't allow actual editing, but put a button they can click to change their userpage to "Team Rocket's blasting off agaaaaaaaiiinnn!!!!!" until the silence ends.
lets go with that idea.
Mismagius
Why is this even invalid? I don't think anyone said this is not going to happen.
[Luanny]

Soaprman wrote:

^this
MillhioreF
The userpage is technically just a forum post. Making it editable would mean making other posts editable while silenced too, unless the forum behavior was changed (which I'm not sure how easy it would be to do)
Topic Starter
Macacito
why invalid?
Ephemeral
because silly
peppy
I don't see the need for this. Just don't get silenced.
Topic Starter
Macacito
theres no point being unable to change the userpage when silenced