forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika
I still want my remakes. No matter what, I still have my hopes for it.
South
they remade white/black before they did ruby saphire :/
i got my HG/SS so im happy tho :P
mm201
BW2 were sequels, not remakes. =/
If only GBA games weren't so rare, I'd like to have a second Emerald to use for playthroughs.
NaomiMinette
Funny story: yesterday (Monday) when I was trying to find my 2nd Platinum guide (the one that mentions all of the National Pokémon up to that point) in my closet, I found someone else's Sapphire in there. It wasn't really played (they only have two Badges), so I thought about starting over on it for nostalgia's sake (and probably just to get certain Pokémon in general).

A shame the secondary effects of Abilities didn't exist till Emerald...
Azure_Kite
I remember Ruby was the first pokemon game I aimed for a Living Pokedex on. Mainly because R/S revamped the whole box system and made it easily navigatable.

Good times. If you ride a bike in Lilycove City, and go behind the house that has the Game Freak guy who shows you the diploma, there's a tiny bit of clipping where the wheel pokes through the roof, on the left hand side.

NaomiMinette
Well... this is embarassing... Out of ALL non-event Pokémon I don't have, I don't have Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise T_T Can someone trade me one or even a Squirtle Egg?
deadbeat
i don't have any at the moment, but i was planning in getting some squirtle eggs
NaomiMinette
Want anything particular in return? Or can I just trade whatever?

Nvm, already discussed on IRC... partly. (Where'd you disappear to? :o)
Laharl
I wanna do sth online too. :|
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Someone set up a time & day of the week for us to meet up on a weekly basis, please.
NaomiMinette
Meet up for what?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Meet up for what?
To trade and battle and trade and talk and trade and shit
NaomiMinette
Well... I don't like battling competitively since I don't have an actual team (seriously, you might as well put me in a Rental-only tourney), and the only trading I'll ask for is a Deoxys, even if it's just for a quick trade.

Now... if we did/could do something like that funzone area in Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver...
DeathxShinigami

Ekaru wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Meet up for what?
To trade and battle and trade and talk and trade and shit
If you're serious. I'm so going to join with you all.
Hika
I concur with DxS. All we have to do is find a date & we're set.

Ah, I had a dream about Pokémon last night. It was quite scary. I was getting chased by Arceus or something ;_;
deadbeat
awp
Question, because I'm not familiar with cross-generation/wifi features:

if I pick up one of the new Pokemon games, can someone give me a Bidoof (once the online features are unlocked)?

I'm considering actually buying one of these games on launch and it'd be great if I could get like, a Bidoof and a Blitzle and stuff
Ava

awp wrote:

if I pick up one of the new Pokemon games, can someone give me a Bidoof (once the online features are unlocked)?
Poor HM slave
Topic Starter
Ekaru

awp wrote:

Question, because I'm not familiar with cross-generation/wifi features:

I'm considering actually buying one of these games on launch and it'd be great if I could get like, a Bidoof and a Blitzle and stuff
Yes, yes we could.
awp

Ava wrote:

Poor HM slave
HM slave my ass he's gonna be whoopin' bitches left and right

not like that Ducklett I had...
Faust

deadbeat wrote:

anyone else seen this? http://pokeluka.deviantart.com/art/Nais ... -255654954
Holy shit Narwhals.
Azure_Kite
NaomiMinette
Too bad it's fixed to a Careful Nature...

In other news, I got a Lvl 100 Join Avenue!... Too bad the only real prize from it is a Comet Shard >_>
awp

Azure_Kite wrote:

So he's giving away Meloetta now...
that poll was like "Who do we give away next" and one option was Team Rocket's Meowth which imo is cool

but Darkrai has 88% of the poll shares who the fuck is Darkrai
deadbeat
awp

deadbeat wrote:

genIV legendary.
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/491.shtml
So couldn't you just fire up gen 4, catch it, and trade it to your current gen? TR Meowth sounds rarer to me. It'd be like offering Mewtwo except you wouldn't need like 2 or 3 different game systems to move him around
deadbeat
cause darkrai is an event pokemon. you can only get to it with the member's card that you get from the nintendo event
awp
oh okay, that makes sense. Serebii just says it's on new moon island so I assumed you could catch it
Topic Starter
Ekaru
If you're going to use DNS abuse to get Pokemon then you might as well just use the various resources out there to get whatever the hell you want since it's not legit anyways. :P
NaomiMinette
Whenever the REAL Meloetta event comes out, I'm ditching this one.

Btw, this is probably just a hunch, but I bet we won't get any more new info about X/Y till next month, and they'll just keep releasing actual small bits of info each month.
awp

Ekaru wrote:

If you're going to use DNS abuse to get Pokemon then you might as well just use the various resources out there to get whatever the hell you want since it's not legit anyways. :P
If you're not going to implement a system within the actual game for achieving everything there is to achieve within the game/access all of its content, don't get bent out of shape when your playerbase works around it
Topic Starter
Ekaru

awp wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

If you're not going to implement a system within the actual game for achieving everything there is to achieve within the game/access all of its content, don't get bent out of shape when your playerbase works around it
I think you misunderstand. I'm just saying that there is no point in waiting for this guy when you can do what he's doing by yourself. You can get the event Pokemon's .pkm files here:

http://www.pokedit.com/download/event-pkm/

Here's where you go to upload the .pkm files so you can put them into your game:

http://www.pokegts.us/Upload.aspx

There is absolutely no point in waiting for this guy. Waiting for him won't make it any more legit; you'll just have to wait longer for the same result because he's basically doing the same fucking thing. BTW, here's a site where one can get both RNG'd Pokemon and legitly bred Pokemon (as long as you know what to look for):

http://pokecheck.org

Note that you want to download the .pkm files if you don't want them to fail hack checks.
NaomiMinette
Eh... I think I'll just stay as legit as possible, lol.
awp

Ekaru wrote:

awp wrote:

I think you misunderstand. I'm just saying that there is no point in waiting for this guy when you can do what he's doing by yourself.
yeah I was kind of saying the same thing. I don't even know who that guy is, I'm just saying, I don't criticize him for what he's doing if there's no in-game way to acquire those Pokemon.

I also don't know what a RNG'd Pokemon is. RNG typically stands for Range or Random Number Generator so I'm assuming it has something to do with the latter. Stat rolls etc

I've really only played the story mode of Gen 1 2 half of 3 and 5 (haven't finished postgame on white yet), all offline, so I have little to no understanding of the community surrounding the game, including meta like natures (I understand they affect stats but I don't know the specifics) and EVs and such
Topic Starter
Ekaru

awp wrote:

I also don't know what a RNG'd Pokemon is. RNG typically stands for Range or Random Number Generator so I'm assuming it has something to do with the latter. Stat rolls etc
It's where you abuse the RNG to get a Pokemon with perfect stat rolls.

Blazevoir wrote:

Eh... I think I'll just stay as legit as possible, lol.
*shrugs* That's fine. Knowing those sites is useful, though, in case you ever really want an event Pokemon but don't want to hack it.
NaomiMinette
Although I still need Deoxys, I'd rather not resort to using those links.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Although I still need Deoxys, I'd rather not resort to using those links.
As I said, that's fine. Other people, however, may find it useful to know that they can do what that guy's doing themselves since all he's doing is grabbing .pkm files and uploading them to a server.
Van246
The fact gen 6 release at the sametime sucks...
no more having the game ahead of time :P

any ways Fire type so cute x3
water no.
deadbeat

Van246 wrote:

The fact gen 6 release at the sametime sucks...
no more having the game ahead of time :P
does it come out on the same day worldwide, or the same time?
Van246
As far as I know, same date...
shouldn't really matter, few hours won't make a difference
show more