forum

Disabling censorship for URLs and maps' names [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Galkan
What title says. This is the correct URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcSVcwz1Fag

And this is how it looks in game:

17:32 <Katsu-nyan> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcSVcwz1sweety

Pretty much fail, especially when we start blaming person for incorrect pasting URLs and then realise it's the game's fault.

Also:

Since capitalized version is not censored, I'd like to see other words also revoked from this.
Shohei Ohtani
ME GUSTA.

Although, in terms of /nping, Castraightake! GIRLS is the only map I know so far that has lowercased homosexuality.
Randy96
Why do you guys have the censor on anyway
Topic Starter
Galkan

Randy96 wrote:

Why do you guys have the censor on anyway
Ask peppy why even upon turning it off in options, it still works.
awp
there's a censorship filter (for common swearwords like fuck, shit, cunt etc) and there's a blacklist of words peppy doesn't want seen in public chat (this is your more derogatory slurs like faggot, nigger etc). The former are user-controlled, the latter are a server-side thing. That's why disabling censors doesn't disable ALL censorship.

URLs should probably be given an omission with the exception that if you post a url to dodge the filter, you're permanently banned. I think that'd be alright.
Quaraezha
There should be a list of all the filtered words.
And what they filter to.
Remilia--_old

Quaraezha wrote:

There should be a list of all the filtered words.
And what they filter to.
^This
Topic Starter
Galkan
I checked this today and URLs aren't censored anymore but this "Cagayake Girls" song still is. Also this one:
<klubek> ACTION is listening to (Tomboy - It's Ok to be straight)[http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40151]

^ Hey, this one actually is true...

Fix it, please? :-P
Natteke
gays are disappoint, brahs
those
It's a matter of understanding how irc works. I'm preeeeeeetty sure it's not possible to set this up without using some other filter (but then people will learn how to get over them anyway).
mm201
It's impossible to detect what's a "map name" or not. URLs is maybe a possibility but adding complexity to the filter would nonetheless degrade performance.
Low
Topic Starter
Galkan

mm201 wrote:

It's impossible to detect what's a "map name" or not. URLs is maybe a possibility but adding complexity to the filter would nonetheless degrade performance.
Can't you just toggle filter for /np off, then?
those

Galkan wrote:

mm201 wrote:

What you type into IRC is a string.
Similarly, the command /np sends a message to the server, telling it to output a string which is equivalent to the information relevant to the song you are now listening to/playing.

This string is subject to filters; it doesn't matter where the string came from, but as long as, to take your example into this scenario, the string contains "gay", it will show up as "straight".
Mismagius
I seriously don't know why the hell this is still there, but ok.

It's very annoying to /np a song you want modded, played, etc and there is a stupid filter messing up with the title of the song.
Sure it's funny and whatever, but we should take some things in this game seriously after all, like most BATs say. so it's contradictory to have this.

I want to get my map modded, but it's kinda weird to /np a song in #modreqs called "Renard - Sc_ the Heavens" or when I'm talking to my friends, /np "Renard - shot in the head Forever".
Also, some of the filters are stupidly placed, like why filter "derp"? It's something that many people use and it's not even a bad word, wtf.
Wishy
Just remove all filters lol most of them are retarded except for those filtering words like fuck, why would you censor cheater, banned, gay, etc?

At least make them come disabled (default, don't know if they are tbh) and make a public list with filtered words. osu! is stupid enough to filter a word and not inform you, so you may be saying something and the other party might get a complete non-sense message, and if he doesn't know peppy likes stupid filters, he won't uinderstand wtf is going on.

Either make a full list or when I say banned don't do this:

<Wishy> banned

But this:

<Wishy> shot in the head

So at least I know osu! is fucking up my messages and I can rewrite it and put ba nn e d. It's quite normal to get some words filters w/o really noticing it.
Marcin

Galkan wrote:

mm201 wrote:

/np is just a /me action, server doesn't know if you used /np to perform /me, or used /me and made *someone* is listening to *something*.
Marcin

Wishy wrote:

Just remove all filters lol most of them are retarded except for those filtering words like fuck, why would you censor cheater, banned, gay, etc?

At least make them come disabled (default, don't know if they are tbh) and make a public list with filtered words. osu! is stupid enough to filter a word and not inform you, so you may be saying something and the other party might get a complete non-sense message, and if he doesn't know peppy likes stupid filters, he won't uinderstand wtf is going on.

Either make a full list or when I say banned don't do this:

<Wishy> banned

But this:

<Wishy> shot in the head

So at least I know osu! is fucking up my messages and I can rewrite it and put ba nn e d. It's quite normal to get some words filters w/o really noticing it.
Wishy, but because of filters, being server-side, it's actually hardly possible to do this. What you're saying is passing bancho, bancho filters it, and then sends message to others. You, when writing something on irc, are seeing texts locally - I mean, you see them how you send them TO bancho, you don't see it FROM bancho.
theowest
gay is not censored anymore
Wishy

Alpaka wrote:

Wishy, but because of filters, being server-side, it's actually hardly possible to do this. What you're saying is passing bancho, bancho filters it, and then sends message to others. You, when writing something on irc, are seeing texts locally - I mean, you see them how you send them TO bancho, you don't see it FROM bancho.
I don't really care, if peppy wants to put retarded filters he may aswell change things so we can at least know what we are saying, doesn't really happen to me or players who know about stupid filters but some people just read a conversation and don't even know a word is getting filtered.
[Luanny]
I can understand stuff like "cheat" or "fuck"
but why "derp?", "weed" and "smoke" ?
srsly
and it is even more annoying when it filters urls like puush and youtube and changes map's names
Better making a list of filtered words and THE REASON behind the filter (except for words like fuck and rape, that are pretty obvious)
btw I can't understand why we have a filter for rape and penis but nothing for sex.
Aqo
I don't understand why "cheat" needs to be censored. It's not profanity. What's the problem. All censoring it does is make discussions confusing.
The censorship on chat as a whole is very nonsensical. :/

- shot in the head forever
EVERY SINGLE TIME... UGH
Kuroneko-sHerald
I just want to say all that I love rape but bancho censor me :(

... ok, bad joke :?
Flanster

Aqo wrote:

I don't understand why "cheat" needs to be censored. It's not profanity. What's the problem. All censoring it does is make discussions confusing.
The censorship on chat as a whole is very nonsensical. :/

- shot in the head forever
EVERY SINGLE TIME... UGH
These topics shouldn't be discussed in the first place, which is why these filters was added.
Wishy
You do know how bad it is and how bad it sounds to put it that way right?

Filters do not stop people from discussing about cheaters. At all. What stops people from having big discussions about that are mods muting/warning people who do so. Filters are pointless and bothersome.

Only filters I consider right are those used for words like cunt or fuck. Random filters filtering random words are just idiotic.
peppy
Not open for discussion! If you have any specific maps which are being adversely affected please report this as a bug in tech support.