forum

Mario Kart 7 weekly kartparties (Sat, 9 PM CST)

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
It's almost always mm who hosts the Skype calls.

(Also, poot you :P)
CNM501
What... How'd I miss the last Kartparty? There was no one on at the normal time I usually go on... ;_;
NaomiMinette
Uhh... We were on at the normal time, but you didn't show up at all... (at least, for Saturday/Sunday)
mm201
I'll be late to tonight's party, probably around 9-10pm my time, which is about the same as the Saturday parties.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

I'll be late to tonight's party, probably around 9-10pm my time, which is about the same as the Saturday parties.
'K, let's do it at that time then
NaomiMinette
Sick here, so I'm not sure if I'll be joining any group calls this weekend.
Moriya Suwako
STILL A NOOB.Too weak to play with you guys= =
Topic Starter
Ekaru

yellowyoshi1996 wrote:

STILL A NOOB.Too weak to play with you guys= =
I'm playing without an R button, so no, not really. ^_^

...Accepting donations towards 3DS XL.
Justykanna

Ekaru wrote:

How do you break an R button? o_o
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Justykanna wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

How do you break an R button? o_o
Through magical means.

AKA one day you press it and it goes "WHEEEEE".
NaomiMinette
I won't be kartpartying today due to a livestream event, but I should be available this Saturday.
Saso-Hikage
I'll finally be back this friday. So be ready to let good old Wario annoy you again. :D
NaomiMinette
Hopefully people will remember today :o
rust45
I'll try to remember. I won't be able to make tomorrow's for sure, so I want to make this one.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I did 3 races.

I won 2 of them.

Without drifting.

Learn to play, guys. :P
NaomiMinette
RACE MOAR, NUB <3
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Okay, SO...

Turns out that at Gamestop - going to go there for the free Steel Diver and Nintendogs - I can get the MK7 3DS XL bundle for $200, which will effectively give me an alternative save file to dink around with for no extra cost due to Nintendo's bad digital practices.

What this means is a very easy way to get into <2K VR rooms. That's right. Forget about 4K, 5K VR rooms. Here we have the holy grail of trolling. And, since it's an alt I'll just be able to tank my VR whenever it starts to get too high via DCing. Furthermore, seeing me do very well with <2K VR against people with much higher VR would be hilarious and you all know it.

Currently at $145.71 after recounting. If you want to make this happen sooner, donate via paypal to nathananderson009@gmail.com Sounds cool, doesn't it, guys? ^_^ </troll>
mm201
I don't condone the trolling of low VR rooms for its own sake. The lack of a decent matchmaking process contributed greatly to the MKDS "snackin iz chestin" controversy and probably wouldn't have happened, or at least been so severe, otherwise. I attribute why MTs were so nerfed in later versions to this controversy.

Despite its imperfections, we shouldn't troll the VR system. The only reason I've been helping you into low VR rooms as of late is because of your current handicapped state.
NaomiMinette
Though at the same time, 20k+ VR rooms are so rage-inducing, even moreso than the rage amongst ourselves :o
Topic Starter
Ekaru

mm201 wrote:

I don't condone the trolling of low VR rooms for its own sake. The lack of a decent matchmaking process contributed greatly to the MKDS "snackin iz chestin" controversy and probably wouldn't have happened, or at least been so severe, otherwise. I attribute why MTs were so nerfed in later versions to this controversy.

Despite its imperfections, we shouldn't troll the VR system. The only reason I've been helping you into low VR rooms as of late is because of your current handicapped state.
Low VR rooms are actually really, really boring because I always win. :P If you guys are there then it turns into basically Community Races with More Blue Shells.

I actually prefer 40+K VR rooms because even 20K, 30K VR rooms are too easy for me when my R button's working and I'm in the zone.

EDIT: The reason I typically suggest lower VR'd rooms is for the lesser racers in the room. When I'm on my own I actually go for the highest VR rooms I can.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Actually, once I get that 3DS XL we're doing 20K VR rooms for a couple weeks. No whining, Blaze. You've had your low VR fun for what, a month now? :P

Thank you for slapping some sense into me, mm. ^_^
NaomiMinette
10k-12k-ish VR is low? >_>
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

10k-12k-ish VR is low? >_>
It's considered by a lot of high level players to be relatively low, yeah.
Soaprman
I'm almost at 8k... that's high, right? Right?

Real question for you high VR lot. Is there any noticeable difference between, say, a 10k room and a 30k room? I'd kind of imagine it becomes meaningless past a certain point...
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

I'm almost at 8k... that's high, right? Right?

Real question for you high VR lot. Is there any noticeable difference between, say, a 10k room and a 30k room? I'd kind of imagine it becomes meaningless past a certain point...
You don't start regularly encountering good players until like 40+K.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
'K, 'K, I'll be up front this time. No immoral shenanigans. Here's the deal about my 3DS XL situation:

I'm at $145 thanks to Soap and Christmas money, right? A new 3DS XL costs about $215 after tax. I can weasel out about $30 from my father, so that means I have about $40 to go. I am randomly given $20 once every month or two or three (that's usually enough for me because I don't really buy that much stuff). So as things currently stand, that $40 could take quite a while to get. I'm close, though, so I'm definitely sticking to that goal.

The biggest reason for me to just go for the 3DS XL is because the shoulder buttons are of much higher quality (all the buttons are, actually, but the shoulder buttons in particular are much closer to console quality than DS Lite quality). The way I see it, the risk of my getting my current 3DS repaired just to have to pay $85 again 2 years later is just way too high; my 3DS definitely wasn't defective or anything, so it would likely eventually happen again. Also, the screen on my current one has those screen scratches, and if I wanted that fixed that'd probably add on a significant figure to the repair bill.

Anyways, how long it will take me to get that $$ will depend on various things. But there you have it; that's the exact situation I'm in. I could probably get a used one within a month or so, though, because I'd just need one $20. Wish me luck!

EDIT: No, wait, I think I've got this. Just gimme a couple weeks. :P
Justykanna
*looks at long post*
I guess someone's excited, lol.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Justykanna wrote:

*looks at long post*
I guess someone's excited, lol.
Not *that* excited, but I may be able to get it pretty soon if the force is with me. I want to be able to have real races again, damn it!
Soaprman

Ekaru wrote:

EDIT: No, wait, I think I've got this. Just gimme a couple weeks. :P
About time you decided to sell off that old first edition Charizard.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
We're doing 20K VR races this weekend.
Justykanna

Ekaru wrote:

We're doing 20K VR races this weekend.
20k VR? That short form for something?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
20K VR = 20,000 VR.
Saso-Hikage
Can someone lend me some VR ? ^^
Topic Starter
Ekaru

sasori93 wrote:

Can someone lend me some VR ? ^^
If it makes you feel any better, I'll be joining you in the low VR range next party. I got the MK7 XL bundle today, and have decided to use that alternate file as a back-up file in case I lose my cartridge (I love MK7 *that* much). Since I already have everything on my main file I'm going to be racing on that file until I get my favorite parts.

Do note that I'll be having a higher VR'd player get us into a higher VR'd room because it'll get my VR up significantly quicker.
Saso-Hikage
No, I'm just joking around. I guess if I would play more often my VR would be much higher, too.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

sasori93 wrote:

No, I'm just joking around. I guess if I would play more often my VR would be much higher, too.
I knew that. I'm just saying my plan for this weekend's kart parties. :P
NaomiMinette
Okay, so just confirming: we're having one tonight, right?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Okay, so just confirming: we're having one tonight, right?
I can actually fucking drift now, so yes. :P
mm201

sasori93 wrote:

All there is to do is grind it to a higher level. Playing low VR opponents was never any worse than playing computer opponents.
rust45
I'll see if I can join tonight's, chances are I won't though. If I do join, I'll probably be away from my computer.
show more