forum

[web] Ignore confirmed tag in tech support [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
I hate it when untouched confirmed threads clutter all over the first page. There should be an option to ignore confirmed tags just like in feature requests, where you could ignore star priority or only zero-reply threads.
she_old
How about putting them in another sub-forum within Feature Requests. (Assigned Features)
It'll probably be easier to find too.
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
??? I'm talking about tech support
she_old
I made a typo, meant the same for Tech Support.

They both have a "Completed" thingie already anyway, so it'll look nice on both.
chaotic_iak
Apparently the problem with the current procedure is that confirmed issues are stickied (much like forum rules threads are stickied in various forums so they will always be the first topic(s) you see in a forum). There's nothing natively built-in that can ignore sticky status; peppy has to code one. Or otherwise I support making a new subforum for confirmed issues.
Kuro

chaotic_iak wrote:

Or otherwise I support making a new subforum for confirmed issues.
This ^
peppy
The idea is that confirmed issues are prominent so people see them before posting the same thing.

We may need a "confirmed but unimportant" subforum for when I don't have time to purge all the confirmed issues.
MillhioreF
That'd be a great temporary solution until an eventual priority system.
TheVileOne
t/108271 < My thread

Bugs in general should be in their own subboard period.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
"confirmed but unimportant" for another tag that doesn't sticky? like the "assigned" tag here
Kuro
Tbh, they should be color coded for rating of importance

red confirmed tag("Game crusher") ---> big problem
blue confirmed tag("confirmed but unimportant") ----> little problem

Just follow the color spectrum starting with red ---> ROYGBIV
All of the colors don't have to be used, just a few would be fine :P
This would allow bigger problems to be dealt with first and make the Tech Support page more efficient
Archangel Tirael
Support. It's look like "ignore star priority" in Future reqest subforum. Too many confirmed bugreports in Tech Support. In my opinion, it is best to solve all these problems as soon as possible to clear them from the list ... Yes, I am naive, but it is still the most logical solution. Do not ever do they hang there. :)
theowest
Here's something that would be better t/104964
it could work in Technical support too.
deadbeat
would this be resolved or invalid now. a bit unsure ._.
Topic Starter
jemhuntr
resolved.