forum

The, "What's your current Avatar/Signature" thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
she_old
Married to Toilet-chan >w<
Restless Spirit
And here's a new signature again.
Aeidxst
It looks good with signature background color.
Quaraezha
I should probably make a typography signature too.
Irisu_old
Well back to normal~
silmarilen
back to BRS with blue hair
Kaona
Back to Irisviel but changed the avatar.
H_Hitachiin
Russia, because I suck at finding new avatars so I used this.
Sprink_old
Just Yotsuba.
Wojjan
2013 is the year of Momorin.
lookit dat lady's smug face
Kaona
And I changed again.

Collab avatar with Kaoru. Shinobu from the Monogatari series~
Cyclohexane
I figured I knew this character for somewhere, but god does it not look like her.

(these are actual spoilers so reveal at own risk)Rather, it looks like Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade, but it still feels off.
Kaona

Mr Color wrote:

Rather, it looks like Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade, but it still feels off.
It is her lol but I just call her Shinobu because she's more well known as that and the other name is too long. She does look a bit different though but I guess that's sometimes what you get with fanart.
Cyclohexane
Also I just saw Kaoru's avatar, it almost looks like Narukami from P4 to me lol
adam2046
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK, BERSERGA!
UnderminE
Kaona <3
Kaona

UnderminE wrote:

Kaona <3
Miney <3
she_old
omg kaona your avatar is so well made!
Kaona

she wrote:

I wonder who made it!
she_old

Kaona wrote:

she wrote:

I wonder who made it!
Someone awesome and extremely skilled in photoshop, that's for sure!
Yarissa
Man I wish we got someone else to make our avatars, they're really crappy....

< The Araragi portion of the avatar coupling :p
she_old

Kaoru wrote:

fucking ungrateful asshole
your taste in avatars is so shit, be happy that I was able to make something bearable out of it
Yarissa

she wrote:

Kaoru wrote:

fucking ungrateful asshole
your taste in avatars is so shit, be happy that I was able to make something bearable out of it
I was kidding, relax. Geez.
Besides, you do the same thing with every avatar anyways. Add a border and do some boring little text in the bottom right corner.
she_old
I made the text bold this time ;~;
And I hate text, either transparent avatar or I add a border and improve colors.
Yarissa
Asking you to do a couple avatar was kinda a bad idea then. I do think they look good but you're dealing with both text and a background.
she_old
the only special thing I do with couple avatar is include the other person's name with 50% opacity so randoms know who the collab is with.

I'm no good with doing anything creative with those as I never think about what would look nice.
The text isn't much of a problem, but I like simple stuff and never mess around with fonts.
Background: Border >v<
Restless Spirit
Couple avatars are shit.
Also, the best avatars have transparency and are simple.
Yarissa
I should just reinstall photoshop on my computer. Then neither of us will complain. :P
has
I see no problem with the way Rii makes avatars. Simplicity is the best.

Anyways, my avatar is Mary from Ib and no signature because I'm out of ideas.
she_old

Kaoru wrote:

I should just reinstall photoshop on my computer. Then neither of us will complain. :P
As long as I don't see your posts after you've reinstalled it should be fine.
Vext_old

Powersocke wrote:

Couple avatars are shit.
Only people that I ever see saying couple avatars suck are people that never had anyone willing to do em with em, and a lot of those people jumped at the opportunity to do it when it presented itself.
she_old
I think they suck and I did them several times before >:
Mainly did it because I'm such a nice person.
Seph

Powersocke wrote:

Couple avatars are shit.
~opinions~
Restless Spirit

Vext wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Couple avatars are shit.
Only people that I ever see saying couple avatars suck are people that never had anyone willing to do em with em, and a lot of those people jumped at the opportunity to do it when it presented itself.
Doesn't mean I'm likely to do a couple avatar with anyone.
I really think they suck. Especially the lack of transparency bothers me.

But hey, if they feel better wearing a couple avatar together with someone else, why not? I still don't like them.

Seph wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Couple avatars are shit.
~opinions~
This is mine. :D

Well I could have said this "This is only my opinion blah blah needn't to be yours blah bleh"-thingy but I thought I didn't have to say that.
Seph
Then you should've jut probably kept your opinion for yourself.

The thread title is The, "What's your current Avatar/Signature" thread." not "What I think about avatars thread"
Restless Spirit

Seph wrote:

Then you should've jut probably kept your opinion for yourself.

The thread title is The, "What's your current Avatar/Signature" thread." not "What I think about avatars thread"
Probably. Sometimes there are short discussions about those avatars though. Not meaning stating my opinion about them avatars belonged here. I just wanted to participate.

Anyway, I'm gonna stop OTing now.
mathexpert
back to my old avatar, until I find another one.
Vext_old

mathexpert9981 wrote:

back to my old avatar, until I find another one.
You had one recently for a little while that I really liked, idk what one it was though.
thelewa

Vext wrote:

Powersocke wrote:

Couple avatars are shit.
Let me rephrase what Vext said

YOU'RE JUST JELLY BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE FRIENDS XDDDDDDDXDXDXD
Kitsunemimi
I think I finally made up my mind for an actual avatar to use for the next while.

Also, I know we're trying not to go into this whole opinions thing, but I honestly can't help but just mention a couple of my thoughts (however, I obviously don't need anyone to agree/disagree with me here, I'm just saying).

Powersocke wrote:

Having simple avatars with transparency is great and works well (after all, many of my own are like that...... well.. not so many recently b-but....), but to be honest, I think some of the best avatars ever created are the ones that are embellished with visually pleasing, yet tasteful decorations. They're the ones that do text/borders/other effects right, and at the same time don't ruin the overall quality of the image by completely overloading it with such effects.

Oh yeah, and some sites are so stupid that they don't know what transparency is, and instead they stick an abhorrent black or white background on the damn thing. The avatar not only no longer has transparency, but it's completely ruined, forcing you to find some sort of other alternative. Making a really nice avatar with a pretty background means that you don't have to worry about this kind of thing, and use your avatar widely on many sites you use.
show more