forum

Hyadain - Yie Ar Kung Fu Rap

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wizard Of Orz
meanie ;_;
mtmcl
This is a really well made collab. It actually feels consistent enough in difficulty and technique not to seem disjointed in play. This has been around for a while, hasn't it?

Timing checks out.
Spacing checks out.
Background/storyboarding/skin/visuals look great.
Hitsound diversity checks out.
Preview point is decent.
Reasonable difficulty range.

I think I'm covering my ass enough to bubble this.
RemmyX25

vytalibus wrote:

The credits part is cut off by the bottom part. Please adjust it.
Quoting for truth, 0_o is cut off.
Oh that's much better.

Other than that, still cringing about ASH but you won't change it so meh.

Will rebubble when fixed.

Rebubbled
CheeseWarlock
The mapping seems fine. But the skin and SB bug me.

BG images obviously ripped from video, and hence have terrible quality. And then saved as PNG for minimal efficiency. They could probably be vectorized or something?
The score numbers are spaced too close together; you probably need whitespace above or below.
default-1 is taller than the others- intentional?
The ending screen is messy. I'd like to see all five icons and names evenly spaced, with all the icons being the same size.
Some of the punctuation (, . x) could use thicker black borders.
Topic Starter
Wojjan

CheeseWarlock wrote:

BG images obviously ripped from video, and hence have terrible quality. And then saved as PNG for minimal efficiency. They could probably be vectorized or something? I have no idea what you just said.
The score numbers are spaced too close together; you probably need whitespace above or below. I have tried to resize them and everything, and adding whitespace, but this really couldn't be helped in any way.
default-1 is taller than the others- intentional? Fixing
The ending screen is messy. I'd like to see all five icons and names evenly spaced, with all the icons being the same size. I can't fix that anymore.I would have to delete everything, since the offset has changed, and I cant access anything anymore.
Some of the punctuation (, . x) could use thicker black borders. A fault on my part. Well SRK did the default numbers.
Would you please all stop nagging about such minor details? Just because of those nitpicky things I have often thought to just delete the entire skin and SB.
CheeseWarlock
Well, I'm not good with vectorization/image cleaning, but I opened up Paint.NET and wound up with this. 30kb vs. 900kb, and without any unpleasant JPG artifacts. With Photoshop or Illustrator (or someone better at image cleaning), the lines would be smoother and you could probably get some of the gradient effects the originals seem to have instead of the sharp lines I used. I think LH is good with this sort of thing. Or I could try to get better at it.

Wojjan wrote:

I can't fix that anymore.I would have to delete everything, since the offset has changed, and I cant access anything anymore.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Did you do the storyboarding in Notepad or the SBE? And some of the images aren't being referenced properly... if you like, I could try and fix up the .osb for you.

Wojjan wrote:

Would you please all stop nagging about such minor details? Just because of those nitpicky things I have often thought to just delete the entire skin and SB.
We're just trying to make this map the best it can be. :(
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Well, I did the entire thing in the SBE, because I can't even write a simple hello world program in any language. Sad effect: I needed to change the offset, and now everything is minorly desynced, and I can't change anything anymore, unless I really need to use LOTS of doubles in my SB, like pasting a big white screen over the current credits and starting from scratch again using the same images twice.
On topic of those BG images, I'd like to see the outcome when done in Photoshop.
Shinde
Cleaned up those background images, hopefully to BAT acceptable standards. Resized the score numbers to 80% width/height. (Cept for 5, which was oddly taller, which I took down to 76%) They aren't side by side now, but they're still 1 or 2 pixels onto the pie timer. (If this still isn't good enough and you want me to resize the fonts, give/tell me the font name and I'll see what I can do.) Didn't include a default/hitcircle number 1, which someone said was taller? Sorry bout that, didn't feel like re-rar'ing then uploading again. Also added a black glow to the . x % so it has a thicker black border as CW requested.

That took about 3-4 hours total in Photoshop, lol. ._. Was an interesting learning experience so far as cleaning pixelated images go.

As far as the SB/credit screen goes, good luck.

Edit:
SPOILER
Oh, I almost forgot. Since you have most but not all things skinned, you should probably force Osu as default skin for all difficulties. For example, the spinner itself and the background were skinned, but not the metre. For people using anything but the osu default, this could look really wierd. (My spin metre is blue water atm, so it was like 'What?') I kind of feel you should skin the hitsplashes though since you skinned most everything else. Use that 8-bit font and some sort of simple design. I also attached a black hitcircle I had sitting around that you can use if you'd like. (The background's like white 70% of the time, so I think a black hitcursor's a good choice, besides the 'retro black 8-bit' effect.) If you want any help skinning, I'm always open, and Luigi and awp are also excellent choices, though probably a bit busy. Sorry for the walls of text.

Download: Skin Touchups.rar
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Thank you SO very very much! This saved me a lot of trial and error in Photoshop. Sadly, I can't make the PC this weekend due to ANOTHER unplanned road trip, but I will update this map completely the spit second I get access to my own PC.
I can give you kudosu for that, right?
m980
"C:\Documents and Settings\Mauris\Bureaublad\Games\osu!\Songs\vidtomp3.com-12442317821292\"

Hi Mauris

Anyway

While I have no problem with the Mapset, I question the SB.

Try using the Size Transformation to shrink the images. They're huuuuuuuge, and it looks weird having half of some fat guy on the screen.
"0.PNG", "5.PNG", "1.PNG" aren't used. Delete them.
Why is there "white.png" and "white2.png"? They're the same thing, and there is no need to have both of them.
  1. Go into the osb file in the song folder.
  2. Ctrl+H, find "white2", replace with "white"
Delete "white2.png".

Don't use ASH for Agent Spin Here, some people might mistake him for "Ash".
Topic Starter
Wojjan

m980 wrote:

Hi Mauris
That's actually my brother. My real name is a secret to everyone.

m980 wrote:

While I have no problem with the Mapset (thank you), I question the SB. oh dear...

Try using the Size Transformation to shrink the images. They're huuuuuuuge, and it looks weird having half of some fat guy on the screen. Fixing as soon as I get a chance
"0.PNG", "5.PNG", "1.PNG" aren't used. Delete them. Consider it done
Why is there "white.png" and "white2.png"? They're the same thing, and there is no need to have both of them.
  1. Go into the osb file in the song folder.
  2. Ctrl+H, find "white2", replace with "white"
Delete "white2.png". Thanks for noticing

Don't use ASH for Agent Spin Here, some people might mistake him for "Ash". We've been over this. There's a spinner right next to his name. And the full name is listed in the first post in thread, and is in the tags section of the map. I see no possibility for confusion, except when it's taken out of context.
RemmyX25

Wojjan wrote:

m980 wrote:

Don't use ASH for Agent Spin Here, some people might mistake him for "Ash". We've been over this. There's a spinner right next to his name. And the full name is listed in the first post in thread, and is in the tags section of the map. I see no possibility for confusion, except when it's taken out of context.
That's two BATs who think Agent Spin Here should be spelled out for the same reason.
Topic Starter
Wojjan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
You're replacing one image, how does that screw up so much "sync"
Topic Starter
Wojjan
I need to rescale the image because otherwise Agent spin here will be written too tiny. I scaled it when I placed it so it'd fit with the rest, but now I changed offset and can't access my original SB points anymore. I'm sort of a technological dweeb, so notepad editing is out aswell. It would just take way too long for such a minor thing that can be fixed onse you even check the first post in the thread, the beatmap tags or the spinner icon next to it.
Nachy
Awesome map.

Starred.
DJPop
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Wojjan

DJPop wrote:

Spinner is not centered D=
Intentional, else you couldn't see wether you were spinning or not ;P
RemmyX25
After a bit of fixes via IRC, and compromises, i'm finally satisfied. :)

Have a strong Remmy Bubble.
Topic Starter
Wojjan
kd for the IRC stuff. I'd post the log if anyone has doubts.
Larto
YIE AR KUNG FU!

YAI!