forum

Presets in Difficulty tab of the beatmap editor [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
tarticulate
I'm not exactly the best mapper. When I use the difficulty tab, I can never tell if what I picked was too easy or too drastic.
I'm thinking that there could be a drop-down menu of presets saying, "Easy, Medium, Hard, Insane" and then on top of that be able to save your own difficulty presets.
What do you think?
Soaprman
Every map needs different difficulty settings. These presets would be no more correct than the straight-down-the-middle values it gives you now. You should know right off the bat what circle size you're using because that has an influence on how you map. Approach rate is easy... just pick something that shows enough things on the screen at once without cluttering it. Set OD to the same as AR and adjust it if you feel it's needed (it usually isn't). Then for drain, playtest the map a few times, making sure to play badly at times to make sure it's only as punishing as it needs to be and no more.

It's really something that comes with experience. Having the presets wouldn't help because you wouldn't know why those settings are the way they are.
blissfulyoshi
Denying, because as soaprman said, difficulty settings have to be made for the map. Presets won't really help. If you really need examples, just follow what other mapsets have done.