forum

How to Make Separate Storyboards for Other Difficulties

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chiburu
I was told that ticking a box that said "Diff. Specific" would make a storyboard independent to its own difficulty. Well, I've tried ticking those boxes, and began editing the storyboard for my Hard difficulty. However, when I checked, in this case, on my completed Normal difficulty, it was deleted, so I had to redo the storyboard for the Normal difficulty again, leaving the Hard difficulty just duplicating the SBE in the Normal difficulty.

I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm afraid to mess anything else up. How can I create a different storyboard for a different difficulty without conflicting with the other difficulty's storyboard?

Here's the map I am working on. Please try it out and give some feedback! :D

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31965 (Where Them Girls At (Instrumental) by David Guetta)
Faust
Open the OSB file, copy the the storyboard script, open the OSU file which you want to feature the SB on, and paste accordingly. You need to know which section the individual scripts fall under(Background, Foreground etc), assuming you're utilizing more than one storyboard function.

After you have done this, delete the script you just copied over from the OSB file. If all goes well, you will only see the storyboard in that specific difficulty and the OSB file will be unused.

Be sure to make a copy of the beatmap because storyboarding can get very messy and you might end up with plenty of unwanted things.

I also suggest you read up on How a Storyboard works if you haven't already...............but then if you did you wouldn't need assistance.
Topic Starter
Chiburu
Thank you very much for the help, Faust. :)

And yes, my mistake. I'll try to be more initiative on my osu! studies.
Lou-kun

Aaron-ator wrote:

I was told that ticking a box that said "Diff. Specific" would make a storyboard independent to its own difficulty. Well, I've tried ticking those boxes, and began editing the storyboard for my Hard difficulty. However, when I checked, in this case, on my completed Normal difficulty, it was deleted, so I had to redo the storyboard for the Normal difficulty again, leaving the Hard difficulty just duplicating the SBE in the Normal difficulty.

I don't know what I'm doing, and I'm afraid to mess anything else up. How can I create a different storyboard for a different difficulty without conflicting with the other difficulty's storyboard?

How do I make new difficulties? ;-;
Sonicfan2002

Lou-kun wrote:

Aaron-ator wrote:

How do I make new difficulties? ;-;
I want to know that too. :?:
Gonzvlo
While editing an existent difficulty hit File -> Save as New Difficulty

Then type the new difficulty name, which should be different to the previous one and click OK.

Click File -> Clear All Notes

Now you're ready to map a new difficulty. (Clear all the timing sections too if you wish to do so)