forum

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stefan

I could die how awesome this looks.
Leeg
It was already awesome when Nintendo made it in 1999.
Topic Starter
Stefan

Leeg wrote:

The Idea is still great. And epic. inb4 Playstation Haters
Leeg
I'm a proud user of PS2, just saying...
NoHitter
Topic Starter
Stefan

NoHitter wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/82367
Woops

Leeg wrote:

I'm a proud user of PS2, just saying...
Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii and DSi/3DS.
Ekaru

Leeg wrote:

Wait what the games play quite differently.

In SSB you want to get your opponents off the stage and then keep them off. However, in this game you want to focus on charging up your meter ASAP through combos and then setting yourself up to land your super. Though, both games do share some things in common, like not thinking that people would actually want an easy way to play 1v1s online (among the more obvious things).

That said, I did try the demo at Target and I found it boring so I won't be purchasing this game any time soon.
Dieathan
So apparently Teddie from Persona 4 gonna be added as DLC. Still no Crash or Spyro... :(
Ekaru

Dieathan wrote:

So apparently Teddie from Persona 4 gonna be added as DLC. Still no Crash or Spyro... :(
Spyro hasn't been a PS All-Star for a while, at first due to the GBA and then the Wii games. Now there's Skylanders, and that is where today's kiddies know Spyro from, and that game's on, like, every console, so getting the licensing rights would be bloody impossible. Face it; Spyro is no longer a Sony thing, and hasn't been for a while.

Dunno about Crash, though. Either silly devs or licensing issues.
Behon
Crash and Spyro are both owned by Activision. Word is that the licensing fee they wanted to allow either of them in the game was ridiculous.
awp
that's kind of a skewed mentality considering a game like this would increase Brand Awareness for both of those properties so they'd be doing themselves a favour by licensing them out for the game
MMzz
Dante has black hair....? uhh.
Roddie

MMzz wrote:

Where have you been...

Anyway, I got the game and its a lot of fun to play. Very easy to learn and its easy to gain meter. The characters I like to play as is Radec and Nathan Drake although I play as Drake a lot more than Radec because Drake has the better movesets. Sucks that the game is implemented with an online pass but meh, what can you do? If anyone would like to face me online, feel free to ask. My PSN username is hybrid579.
Dieathan

MMzz wrote:

Don't worry, I have no idea why they chose this "Dante" either.
awp
it's the most recent and he's the most relate-able to the current generation probably