forum

Confirm Before Shooting Kudosu Star [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
NotShinta
What the title says. It's unlikely, but it's accidentally happened twice to me over the past day and it's annoying.

Not gonna happen as much with a mouse, but on something diddly like an iPod...
jockeytiyan
I agree. Almost happened to me while browsing on my cellphone with a buggy joystick.
NoHitter
I support this...
Roga-don
+1 ;)
Gabi
looool i guess this would be somewhat usefull, i know i've acciedently shot some stars before xD
pieguyn
Support...I'm pretty sure I accidentally did this at one point, so this would be nice to have. :P
Jarby
No, I hate stuff like this.
Sakura
Support, things like that should always have a confirmation message
Cheery

JarJarJacob wrote:

No, I hate stuff like this.
^

Just don't randomly tap on your iTouch? :l
Mafiamaster
It's not hard to get kudosu. Just get it back by modding something.
ouranhshc

Mafiamaster wrote:

It's not hard to get kudosu. Just get it back by modding something.
^
Kitsunemimi
I've personally never accidentally shot kudosu before... not that I've even given that much in the first place. I understand how it might be disappointing to give away kudosu stars by accident, but as the others have said, you can just get it back easily, and I personally think that the nag involved would bother me more than if it weren't there.
Derekku
At first I was like "yes please", but it's really such a minor problem that it's really not needed... Even if there were a toggle, I don't think that it would be used by many. =/

EDIT: See next post.
RemmyX25
how do you "accidentally" give someone kudosu? the link is tiny
Derekku

RemmyX25 wrote:

how do you "accidentally" give someone kudosu? the link is tiny

Yeah... that's really where the problem lies. Truthfully, I don't even see why there's a link anywhere other than in the actual thread...

New idea: How about just removing the link from profiles? :V
Rolled
I like the profile link :(
Torran
Transactions, especially those involving money, will usually require a confirmation before processing.

No Support.
Gens
Why not something like this?

I don't know, maybe they can be closer, or something like a new icon might help too. Too lazy to edit the other 4 columns left.
Personally, I like the profile link.
Derekku
@Gens: I really like the star icon/link, and that gives me an idea.

How about if the links (or anything) could be right aligned in the profile boxes so that they're not all clustered with the regular links? I think that that would provide a better solution (especially since people seem to like them :p).
mm201
Undo button?
NoHitter

MetalMario201 wrote:

Undo button?
Won't that be abused?

" I kudosu star this map. - after this map has more stars - I take back this kudosu star and put it on another map"
mm201

NoHItter wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Undo button?
Won't that be abused?

" I kudosu star this map. - after this map has more stars - I take back this kudosu star and put it on another map"
Include a 6-hour 30-minute time limit.

I thought this much was obvious.
NoHitter
Make it shorter than that. 5 - 10 min.
Torran
Stop making this more complicated than it was to be. Just move the button somewhere where no one can ever click it "by accident" and you're done!
anonymous_old

Sakura301 wrote:

Support, things like that should always have a confirmation message
Yeah...

Destructive actions should use POST, not GET. Links cannot reliably use POST. You typically use a button to POST. A confirmation page would make me REST happy.

What if I had a Firefox extension which preloaded some links on the page? I could be throwing kudosu stars everywhere!

Undo button seems like an okay idea, but I feel effort is better spent making a confirmation page as requested.
Dragvon
Hmmm i've been thinking of maybe some check boxes for multi-kudosuing~
Wich would obviously need a confirmation link.
Anyway, that came out of the blue, i may be wrong~
Shohei Ohtani
I'm going to bump this to say that I wish this would be implemented again. I searched "Confirm Kudosu" and this was the first result, so I'm under the assumption that there's no other threads.

I did this today and I realized that it's kinda annoying. Especially for people without that much kudosu~.
Gonzvlo

o3o? Try using Chrome.
ziin
does not exist if you are kding from somewhere other than the thread (ie the profile page)
Shohei Ohtani
I am using chrome though.

and yeah, it doesn't happen when kudosuing on the profile. In my case, I was on my profile, accessing my map, when my cursor shifted a little bit to the right and I starred myself.
Enna Alouette
+support, nice idea tho o.o
Sakura
Idk, CDFA's issue looks like a bug rather than a feature request for me.
peppy
I have added this (confirmation). I do have plans on redesigning this page completely, using the new beatmap panel layout at some point, so will leave that for now.