forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
obama-FTW
BG Argentina, very bad
Aqo
big big <3 poland rooting for you guys to #1

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Aqo

jesus1412 wrote:

Screw you.
I love you jesse but owc is not a shitmap tourney it's an ezmap tourney
if it was a shitmap tourney you're always my number one <3
Cyclohexane
I guess I got pretty excited over that tiebreaker for USA/Italy, lol.

Great round. Had a lot of fun commenting.
Xakyrie
Noob Man
Hail to the camembert.
Wishy
New map pool is up.
Anghios_old
Why spain can not play?
jesse1412
More maps for the UK to own 8-)
ztrot
The double time picks are basically free points imo at least the coffee one isn't to bad.
let me rephrase this I feel the pink song is free points.
jesse1412
Seems like the mentality is "no one liked slow dt's, LC hd maps, DT maps for HR picks or silly val maps. LET'S DO IT AGAIN LOLLLL"
ztrot
okay not only that, looks like we are looking at that pink song having some timing issues as well.

we currently have a rough guess of around -15ms for the offset it is being further looked into

with further looking we noticed this maps timing is in fact wrong and broken it ranges from -15 to -8 in some parts
Wishy
P!nk - So What (Ylinestra44) [Hard]

Removed and replaced with:

Usa - The Last Queen (banvi) [Insane] (http://osu.ppy.sh/b/125784)

Comments saying this is even worse are welcome.
Aqo

Wishy wrote:

yay finally something fun
R e d
lol UK own because No Macacito and No creativ (our captain)
lucky guys xPP

good match
kriers

Aqo wrote:

Wishy wrote:

automatically meaning I hated it. which I did.
Hika

Wishy wrote:

hahahahaha damn
what is this
pielak213
I have a complaint. Please put the map pool with the creator of the map last so I can copy and paste everything into the search bar without me needing to do it.
Wishy

Hika wrote:

Wishy wrote:

hahahahaha damn
what is this
Attempt to make people who's qqing about easy maps miss. It's really easy though so I expect to see 3/4 FCs out of every good team at the very least. If they do like that I'd probably consider proposing harder DTs.
Cyclohexane
After a very exciting match between Italy and the United States which basically came down to the wire (500000 points of difference on a tiebreaker where the map, when FCd, gives 33 million points!), SapphireGhost accepted to do a quick interview about his impressions on the match. We did this in pm since he did not have a microphone handy to do that over Ventrilo or Mumble.

Here it is
First off, how exactly did you react when you saw the tiebreaker's results? Since you were the only American player to get a Full Combo, you must've been quite proud, right?

On the tiebreaker map I just noticed that the scores were close and I was more busy trying to figure out who won, and then I thought "oh, I suppose I contributed to that, go me".

You also have always been on the top on the rest of the match. Who do you think was the scariest player of the Italian team? Of course, Maddy nearly got an SS on the tiebreaker, but who do you think was the best overall?

I wasn't really paying attention to any individuals, more how the team did as a whole. Chewin had all those great accuracy scores and it was sort of sad to see the stray misses.

I agree, I think we saw some Cyclone-like scores on his end with no 100s and 1 miss. Now, how did you handle the stress during this match, knowing that more than a thousand people were watching you play? Did it even matter in the end?

I turned off the spectator display and didn't pay attention to the 1000+ people aspect, it's cool to think about after you play but not as you're playing. I was actually less stressed than I expected, even though I think everyone was shakier than usual.

You definitely looked incredibly calm while playing. Before the match, were you expecting such a fierce fight, or did you think it was going to be one-sided?

Actually, I hadn't looked at Italy's team beforehand, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be one-sided. Still got closer than I expected.

Well, can't really get much closer than that, can you! Anyway, about the American team, were you confident in you guys' ability to win? Were you happy with the player setup you had or did you think it could've been improved for some maps, since there were almost no switches?

I think it was unfortunate that some of our good players haven't been availble for various reasons, but seeing how the team we had managed to win I'm happy with it. I am hoping that we'll get to see some of the others play in future matches.

Have you watched some of the other matches, and if yes, who do you think has done the best so far? Korea and Japan definitely did not disappoint, but we've seen other teams show impressive skill as well.

I haven't taken the time to watch the other matches yet, though I'd like to and it'll be good to get a sense of who we're up against. I don't doubt you about Korea and Japan though, no surprise there.

Lucky for you, the streams are saved and available. Which map of the match did you feel the most comfortable with? For example, Sync definitely showed some HardRock mod mastery, and you seemed to be really good regardless.

Definitely Sabamiso, I actually went to go eat sabamiso after hearing that song and it's very good. I find that map fun and I had practiced it well so I was glad to be able to contribute on that one. Italy seemed to be uncomfortable with that one before we started playing it.

It seemed like the picks mattered heavily on the map's outcome. Did you agree with all the picks of your team or did you think there were better maps to be chosen?

I'm neutral about the map choices, they weren't perfect but I also wouldn't say there were better maps to be chosen.

Your team did win almost all of America's picks. About the next matches, are you feeling more relaxed to know you will be facing unseeded teams, or do you think it's going to be equally as hard?

I'm not planning to go into any match assuming it will be easier or harder, I can just do my best in each one regardless of seeding.

Alright. To wrap this up, which team do you think has the best signature, on the forums? (Say France)

Canada's Justin Bieber attack probably had more of a profound impact on me, but I'll give runner-up to France.

Yay!

Anyway, congratulations again, SapphireGhost, and thank you for your time. Good luck against New Zealand!

Thanks for the interview.
chickgod

Mr Color wrote:

After a very exciting match between Italy and the United States which basically came down to the wire (500000 points of difference on a tiebreaker where the map, when FCd, gives 33 million points!), SapphireGhost accepted to do a quick interview about his impressions on the match. We did this in pm since he did not have a microphone handy to do that over Ventrilo or Mumble.

Here it is
First off, how exactly did you react when you saw the tiebreaker's results? Since you were the only American player to get a Full Combo, you must've been quite proud, right?

On the tiebreaker map I just noticed that the scores were close and I was more busy trying to figure out who won, and then I thought "oh, I suppose I contributed to that, go me".

You also have always been on the top on the rest of the match. Who do you think was the scariest player of the Italian team? Of course, Maddy nearly got an SS on the tiebreaker, but who do you think was the best overall?

I wasn't really paying attention to any individuals, more how the team did as a whole. Chewin had all those great accuracy scores and it was sort of sad to see the stray misses.

I agree, I think we saw some Cyclone-like scores on his end with no 100s and 1 miss. Now, how did you handle the stress during this match, knowing that more than a thousand people were watching you play? Did it even matter in the end?

I turned off the spectator display and didn't pay attention to the 1000+ people aspect, it's cool to think about after you play but not as you're playing. I was actually less stressed than I expected, even though I think everyone was shakier than usual.

You definitely looked incredibly calm while playing. Before the match, were you expecting such a fierce fight, or did you think it was going to be one-sided?

Actually, I hadn't looked at Italy's team beforehand, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be one-sided. Still got closer than I expected.

Well, can't really get much closer than that, can you! Anyway, about the American team, were you confident in you guys' ability to win? Were you happy with the player setup you had or did you think it could've been improved for some maps, since there were almost no switches?

I think it was unfortunate that some of our good players haven't been availble for various reasons, but seeing how the team we had managed to win I'm happy with it. I am hoping that we'll get to see some of the others play in future matches.

Have you watched some of the other matches, and if yes, who do you think has done the best so far? Korea and Japan definitely did not disappoint, but we've seen other teams show impressive skill as well.

I haven't taken the time to watch the other matches yet, though I'd like to and it'll be good to get a sense of who we're up against. I don't doubt you about Korea and Japan though, no surprise there.

Lucky for you, the streams are saved and available. Which map of the match did you feel the most comfortable with? For example, Sync definitely showed some HardRock mod mastery, and you seemed to be really good regardless.

Definitely Sabamiso, I actually went to go eat sabamiso after hearing that song and it's very good. I find that map fun and I had practiced it well so I was glad to be able to contribute on that one. Italy seemed to be uncomfortable with that one before we started playing it.

It seemed like the picks mattered heavily on the map's outcome. Did you agree with all the picks of your team or did you think there were better maps to be chosen?

I'm neutral about the map choices, they weren't perfect but I also wouldn't say there were better maps to be chosen.

Your team did win almost all of America's picks. About the next matches, are you feeling more relaxed to know you will be facing unseeded teams, or do you think it's going to be equally as hard?

I'm not planning to go into any match assuming it will be easier or harder, I can just do my best in each one regardless of seeding.

Alright. To wrap this up, which team do you think has the best signature, on the forums? (Say France)

Canada's Justin Bieber attack probably had more of a profound impact on me, but I'll give runner-up to France.

Yay!

Anyway, congratulations again, SapphireGhost, and thank you for your time. Good luck against New Zealand!

Thanks for the interview.
nice!
YodaSnipe

kriers wrote:

Aqo wrote:

automatically meaning I hated it. which I did.
oh you <3
JappyBabes

Wishy wrote:

New map pool is up.
these choices what
deadbeat

Mr Color wrote:

hopefully it'll be a fun match regardless of the outcome :)
buny
4-0 america's favour

can't wait
Vish024
Don't worry, those yanks are no match for your haka.
Lan wings
NonxE
omg the map with DT The Last Queen has 222 BPM. I can't imagine what will happen when our fingers are frozen by pressure.
kriers

NonxE wrote:

omg the map with DT The Last Queen has 222 BPM. I can't imagine what will happen when our fingers are frozen by pressure.
a fail in my case
buny

NonxE wrote:

no nerves here but then again i suck
JappyBabes

buny wrote:

NonxE wrote:

no nerves here but then again i suck
but u can 4d an doesn't afrayd of anything
Tsukimi Luna
im so nub ;-;

Gonna start practicing once i get home

Oh and also...
Can i get the multiplayer link for Sweden and Uruguay's match?
If anyone of u have it
Shiro
I'm actually going to have to practice these, the only map I know there is huh
the tiebreaker

I'm not going to comment on the map pool, all comments I've tried to write so far were offensive.

which I can't play because I've failed it too much with HR and now it's all upside down in my head
this is gonna be fun
Tsukimi Luna
That tiebreaker is DAMN HARD to HR
Shiro so pro
DakeDekaane

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Oh and also...
Can i get the multiplayer link for Sweden and Uruguay's match?
If anyone of u have it
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5172111

Be happy :3
Hika

NonxE wrote:

gl no re
have fun practicing (✿◠‿◠)
Fenek Alfa
Yay, Dark PHOENiX in the tiebreaker!

Gonna add epicness to the matches!
Wishy

Shiro wrote:

I'm actually going to have to practice these, the only map I know there is huh
the tiebreaker

I'm not going to comment on the map pool, all comments I've tried to write so far were offensive.

which I can't play because I've failed it too much with HR and now it's all upside down in my head
this is gonna be fun
Please comment anyways, I don't mind if you're offensive.
XPJ38
inb4 post deletion because too offensive
Vish024
Yeah I'm sure Loctav will find something vaguely, subtly and ambiguously offensive about these posts and delete them for his sexual pleasure.
show more