forum

Give users the ability to host private multiuser conversatio [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Wishy
Nowadays you can create those kind of chats by:

1- Going into a #multiplayer room.

Why is this bad?:

a- You can't play/edit/etc while you're using this "feature".
b- No more than 8 players can join.
c- You are forced to listen to the song you "are going to play", which is annoying since I'm sure many players do use osu! as a music player while they are playing/chatting.

So, what's the second method?

2- This is new, by using the new chat feature #spectator. This new feature is excellent, whenever you spectate someone and he starts playing, a new tab pops up, #spectator. Here every user spectating player X will read every message every sends through that tab, and the player being spectated himself will be able to chat too. You don't get kicked from this tab even if the player stops playing/quits the map, which is good since it'd be a pain to get a chat reset every time the guy changes map. Meaning: the tab apparently won't close unless you do something/the spectated player does something so you will get the "Stopped spectating X" message appear. All this is good and does not need to be changed.

Cons to this are the same as before, except for b-.

So, if we can already "do this", why not add some feature that allows us to "create" a temporal channel (which would be "deleted" when everyone leaves) where you can invite your friends to join? Joining randomly would not be possible, you'd need an invite from any player who is already on that channel. I'd say the creator could have some privileges like /kick and such but that could be suggested later.

PS: Don't go around saying "you can do this on mIRC", because not everyone uses mIRC (in fact I'm sure a VERY HIGH percentage of players do not use it) or wants to use another program to chat with osu! players. And this would be more comfortable, like you want to do a group chat, you just invite a few friends and do it, instead of "hey let's go mIRC join #xxx@irc.idasif.com".

tl;dr: Add a feature where you can create a channel and everyone there can invite people to join, channel is temporal and disappears when everyone goes offline/closes the tab. Reasoning behind this: you can already do it but you gotta create a channel/spectate/get osu! locked on something. This is not urgent at all, obviously, but guessed it wouldn't be hard to do.
VelperK
che ta bueno esto, support
[BlinK]
No votes but +2
BrokenArrow
osu! is a game, not a chatroom.
Seriously, if you want to talk to your friends use Skype or anything like that.

Not necessary in my opinion.
Topic Starter
Wishy
That doesn't make sense. And I even posted an answer to that in the first post lol.
deadbeat
-libili
BrokenArrow stupid german guy :p

they dont have to be always friends?! and who says that they always have skype?