forum

recent activity - rank rising [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
theowest
What about having it for rank 500? :v
PhiLL A

theowest wrote:

oh god, yes.

I have a feeling this is going to be done anyway.
Ohrami
YES
silmarilen

Kyou-kun wrote:

YES
[Dellirium]

theowest wrote:

for rank 500? :v
^
peppy
I'm not sure if this would be worthwhile considering we have the graph for pp now. If changes in rank were added, they would be displayed once a day at the point of pp recalculation (as real-time pp updates can be inaccurate based on when people play throughout the day). It may work better to just remove the ranking system increase notifications altogether, and have it focus on individual difficulties/beatmaps instead.
Ohrami

peppy wrote:

I'm not sure if this would be worthwhile considering we have the graph for pp now. If changes in rank were added, they would be displayed once a day at the point of pp recalculation (as real-time pp updates can be inaccurate based on when people play throughout the day). It may work better to just remove the ranking system increase notifications altogether, and have it focus on individual difficulties/beatmaps instead.
what this man (or woman) said
[Dellirium]

Kyou-kun wrote:

what this man (or woman) said
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

It may work better to just remove the ranking system increase notifications altogether, and have it focus on individual difficulties/beatmaps instead.
i can live with this :)

EDIT: if the above happens, then should this just be denied? or leave it open until something changes?
MillhioreF

yaaaaay
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i don't really think it is added since this request was to change it to pp rank increase messages. so wouldn't [Invalid] be correct?
Ohrami
Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. I can get that in one play every time. Making it show top 500 will result in just as much spam as was occurring previously, which is what this feature request aimed to eradicate. Top 100 was fine.
theowest

Kyou-kun wrote:

Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. Top 100 was fine.
I disagree, 500 is perfect.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Kyou-kun wrote:

Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. I can get that in one play every time. Making it show top 500 will result in just as much spam as was occurring previously, which is what this feature request aimed to eradicate. Top 100 was fine.
this feature request had nothing to do with spam in the recent activity. it was to change the score ranking increase messages to pp ranking increase messages.
going to change this to invalid since it wasn't really added. but oh well. not having it kinda works
koromo

theowest wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

Top 500 of normal beatmap rankings seems a little much. Top 100 was fine.
I disagree, 500 is perfect.
Any player can get top 500 on pretty much any insane or hard in a single play. Recent activity will be pretty much the same as "recent plays (last 24 hours)" now, and the actually good (top 100) ranks will be pushed down every single time anyone plays a map for the first time.

I don't even think anyone cares if somebody else achieves rank #470 no mod and probably not even full combo on some random map in a single play.

But I guess this is not the right place to argue about this.
theowest
I guess I just play maps older than a few weeks then.
Ohrami

theowest wrote:

So do I. :)
koromo

theowest wrote:

There's plenty of older maps with few ranks, actually. This is a great example. You can get C and misses and still land a top 500 score easily if you get a decent enough combo.

My point is, top 500 ranks aren't exactly exciting. I'd much rather display good, difficult to achieve ranks than just some random no mod ranks, and I'm also more interested in seeing good ranks by other people rather than (as I already stated before) random single play no mod ranks.
theowest
how about 200? You have to take the massive increase in players into consideration.
Ohrami

theowest wrote:

how about 200? You have to take the massive increase in players into consideration.
I disagree. I think that even top 100 is still almost pushing it.
koromo

theowest wrote:

I'd be perfectly ok with top 200 ranks displaying in recent actibity, but I still think top 100 would be the best. I don't share Kyou-kun's opinion about top 100 being "pushing it", considering some hard maps are quite contested (ie. Blue Night). Having a good balance is important.
Saten
Or maybe no changes regarding this.

The other 2 ranked modes are easy to get #500 or better with misses including. (I'm not talking about mode specific diffs now)
osu!standard is a different story though.
Ohrami

koromo wrote:

theowest wrote:

I'd be perfectly ok with top 200 ranks displaying in recent actibity, but I still think top 100 would be the best. I don't share Kyou-kun's opinion about top 100 being "pushing it", considering some hard maps are quite contested (ie. Blue Night). Having a good balance is important.
Blue Night easy
koromo

Kyou-kun wrote:

Blue Night easy
Go away Blue Night #1. ;w;

Saten wrote:

Or maybe no changes regarding this.
This. No idea why it was changed, but I think it was perfect the way it used to be (top 100, I don't think I've ever seen anyone complaining about it, seriously).
Luna
As a Taiko player, Top 500 sound like way too much.
A ton of Taiko specific maps hardly even reach 500 total ranked scores after several weeks or months...
benguin
How about letting the player decide, there could be an option that says, "only show top [fill in blank] scores in recent activities." That way, people who play osu more as a casual game as well as new players cn set this number to 1000 and be proud of all their top 1000's, while a top tier player could set it to top 40 or something to avoidhaing their recent activities spammed. You guys say that ANYONE can get top 500 in a single play, well this surely isn't the cse since there are more than 500 people that have played any given map and they all can't be top 500 can they?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
your free to make a thread about it
Ohrami

benguin wrote:

How about letting the player decide, there could be an option that says, "only show top [fill in blank] scores in recent activities." That way, people who play osu more as a casual game as well as new players cn set this number to 1000 and be proud of all their top 1000's, while a top tier player could set it to top 40 or something to avoidhaing their recent activities spammed. You guys say that ANYONE can get top 500 in a single play, well this surely isn't the cse since there are more than 500 people that have played any given map and they all can't be top 500 can they?
Please make a thread for this