forum

Friend Request [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kuro
I think it would be pretty useful if, instead of just adding people left and right, it'd be more two-way between players by having a "Friend Request" system.
In my opinion, I hate it when some random player adds me as a friend and I've got to go to their profile page and revoke friendship every time.
To prevent them from adding you again if you didn't like that person a "Block Player" list could also be added or if you didn't want to block them then there could be a max number of request that could be sent to one specific player in a given time frame.

When they've been blocked:
Option 1: Name isn't clickable
Option 2: Any post made by the "Blocker" aren't view-able to the blocked player
Option 3: Any attempt to view the "Blocker's" profile returns "The player you are searching for does not exist!"

Any combination of these would work.

When they've sent too many:
EX: "You have exceeded the maximum number of request that can be sent!"

If you think this would be helpful please support!
Stefan
I absolute do not agree with the Options when you block someone, this is just useless.
And if someone adds you as friend and you don't want to add too, ignore it then.
Topic Starter
Kuro

Stefan wrote:

I absolute do not agree with the Options when you block someone, this is just useless.
And if someone adds you as friend and you don't want to add too, ignore it then.
Suppose they continue to send you friend request everyday, right after they've waited a day to be able to send them again.
Now, imagine this happening everyday.. non-stop.

Doesn't that sound a bit "Stalker-ish"?
Would you be able to continue to ignore their friend request?
deadbeat
you do know that if this gets added(and it never will), players like cookiezi, whitewolf, niko-, every single BAT would get lots of stupid friend requests by completely random people.
i won't deny this just yet so there can be some more opinions on it
Topic Starter
Kuro

deadbeat wrote:

you do know that if this gets added(and it never will), players like cookiezi, whitewolf, niko-, every single BAT would get lots of stupid friend requests by completely random people.
i won't deny this just yet so there can be some more opinions on it
Then maybe Request Restrictions/User Preferences for request could also be added.
Or just block the user.

And people are already getting friend-ed by random people however the only difference is that you can't do anything about it. :p
Currently, you can "Revoke Friendship" but what's going to stop them from clicking "Become Friends!" again?
deadbeat
what does it matter that people friend you?
people will still be able to see when your online and see what your doing just as easily :/
Topic Starter
Kuro

deadbeat wrote:

what does it matter that people friend you?
people will still be able to see when your online and see what your doing just as easily :/
If it doesn't matter who adds you as a friend then what's the point in even being able to add friends?

Personally, I don't like being friend-ed by anybody i don't know.
I don't know if you do(or if you just don't give a shit ) but i don't like it.
Luna
You seem to believe that if people add you as friends, it makes you add them automatically as well (You talk about having to click "Revoke Friendship" and stuff like that).
That is just plain wrong. When someone adds you, it affects you in no way at all. All it does is notify that person when you come online/go offline and give them an online user filter to check your status easier. If they use this to spam you whenever you log in and don't stop after you tell them to, just add them to your chat ignore list.
Btw, the revoke friendship option is only available for people that you added as friends yourself, and it only cancels your side of the friendship. If the friendship was mutual, they still see your presence online and everything.

tl;dr: no support
blissfulyoshi
If people want to stalk me, go right ahead. As a BAT, that is something I would expect to happen and something I don't really need/want to prevent.
However, I do want my friends list so I can contact the ppl I want to contact quickly, regardless if they are an actual friend or not.

I think part of the issue of the osu!'s friend list system is that it is mislabeled. The friends system is more of a contact list than anything else, and in your phone, I am pretty sure you have names on there of ppl who are not your friend but might need to contact quickly.
theowest
Speaking of friends, this might sound like a better idea: t/99627/
Sakura

theowest wrote:

Speaking of friends, this might sound like a better idea: t/99627/
Agreeing with this, i don't really see the need to add friend requests, as specified before if someone adds you randomly then it wont affect you in any way at all. For any inappropiate behavior such as spam, ignore/report the user in question.
H_Hitachiin
Maybe it could pop up like:

Would you like to be KanameChanNya's friend?

Yes
No
:lol:
Saten

H_Hitachiin wrote:

Maybe it could pop up like:

Would you like to be KanameChanNya's friend?

Yes
No
:lol:
No, I don't want spam requests D:
And I have already over the limit so I can't add more anyway :V