forum

Dim background to user-defined image [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Krzysiek
Instead of dimming background to black color, allow user to specify his/her own image file that the BG will be dimmed into (most probably one-color image, for example lighter shade of gray).
VelperK
1+
Mercurial
This will not happen since peppy wants to show the work has been made in every beatmap.
peppy
I have already said that I am considering allowing changing the colour which dimming returns to. So please ignore people who put words in my mouth.
TheVileOne
Isn't this basically asking for the ability to set the default background for osu!? I would agree to this as a supporter only feature.
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

Isn't this basically asking for the ability to set the default background for osu!? I would agree to this as a supporter only feature.
why supporter only? It's a fun spoiler/player playing related topic. You're forcing people who want different background to get suppoerter. It's like having some skin elements skinnable for supporters only.
TheVileOne

theowest wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

why supporter only? It's a fun spoiler/player playing related topic. You're forcing people who want different background to get suppoerter. It's like having some skin elements skinnable for supporters only.
If setting the osu menu to a different image is supporter only, being able to use any background you want should be supporter only as well.
James2250

TheVileOne wrote:

If setting the osu menu to a different image is supporter only, being able to use any background you want should be supporter only as well.
Eh, one is purely for looks and the other is gameplay related. I don't see a problem with letting everyone change it.
I doubt it will be 'setting any background' it will just change the fade color.
Bittersweet
I miss when playfield.png was actually useful :( Maybe you could do that so "ignore skin" would change background for the playfield image? I mean, the player will have to play with the mappers bg at least once, and it solves people complaining about, lets say, nightcore bgs.
theowest

James2250 wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Eh, one is purely for looks and the other is gameplay related. I don't see a problem with letting everyone change it.
I doubt it will be 'setting any background' it will just change the fade color.
which is what this request is talking about: t/99608

I'm duplicating this because that request probably has a greater shot at getting implemented.