forum

Tablet PC / Global offset support [Added b72] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
LennaLeFay
Hey there.

I've now been able to play the game on a tablet PC. Really really fun but there's just one thing that sort of gets in the way and that is timing. Tablet PCs are actually commonly very slow with the screen's response rate, and changing all of the beatmaps to fit it is obviously a bit absurd (especially with something so situational.) One thing I was thinking is to have a sort of "Tablet PC mode" where you could auto-adjust offsets based on tablet PCs. I'll tell you now that Acer tablet PCs have an offset of 102ms (pretty huge, huh?) Now, I know that TPC play is probably really situational, so what I'd recommend is to just have a general offset option that will modify all of the songs. I'll try putting osu! on some of my tablet PCs at work to see if I can find the timings of brands other than Acer.

Just a thought is all.

Later!

- Naph
peppy
Is this the audio offset you are talking about?

The audio library I am using actually has support to calculate this automatically - I was waiting for someone to request this before I looked into it though. Will see what I can do for next version!
eyup
Tablet PC - that is one BIG Nintendo DS :mrgreen:
phill_old
No, this is a big DS!!

[flash=500,400:75561]http://www.gamebrink.com/gbtube/2737[/flash:75561]
Lumino
Ahaha, that is indeed a BIG DS
Topic Starter
LennaLeFay

peppy wrote:

Is this the audio offset you are talking about?

The audio library I am using actually has support to calculate this automatically - I was waiting for someone to request this before I looked into it though. Will see what I can do for next version!
A. Yes, this is the audio offset, sorry.
B. Which audio lib is it? I can probably help out with coding if you need to implement something.
peppy
bass.net

I gave their automatic detection function a try, but it was way off for my pc, so I've just added a manual offset setting to the options menu for the time being.
anzo_old
Hi

just wondering how did u determine the offset?
peppy
I am using the automatic latency detection of the audio library I utilize.

Feedback appreciated on its accuracy. So far I haven't had any cases were it is far out. You can adjust manually if you find it to be incorrect, though.