forum

[osu!mania editor / osu!mania] Double Play charts

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
Requirements: Editor Gear.
Idea taken from Beatmania IIDX. You can try to add to the game can create Double Play keycharts. These maps will have its icon: two located near the keyboard. When you start a song, it will automatically be created in the multiplayer room for 2 people (no more and no less). Open or close the slots will be unable. When you create a song editor, in Song Info you will be a place for checkbox, becoming a regula keychart in double play keychart. Different from the usual editor that there will be not one, but two Editor Gears (Read this thread to see what I mean.). In terms of gameplay completely simulates Beatmania IIDX-2 player cooperative are one and the same song. If you do not understand the structure of gameplay, I recommend to look different videos on YouTube, dedicated to showcasing the gameplay Beatmania IIDX or emulators, which show double play keycharts (DP). Discussing, trying to understand what I wrote here and trying to help others understand. Good luck and have a nice day!
MillhioreF
This would be interesting as a form of mania co-op, but I think it'd be better if it was just auto-generated and adjusted for 2 people. There's no point in making maps made for multiplayer and having them in the singleplayer songlist.

Also, I edited the title a bit for you (most people don't know what DP means)
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

MillhioreF wrote:

This would be interesting as a form of mania co-op, but I think it'd be better if it was just auto-generated and adjusted for 2 people. There's no point in making maps made for multiplayer and having them in the singleplayer songlist.
Alternatively, you can try to make a special mod for the DP. In it, we choose what side we're playing, and what- osu!topus, so you can turn DP in SP and play them in singleplayer.
DJKero
Supporting DP BMS and DP multiplayer head to head at least would be nice for the people that have the skills to play them on keyboard or the people that have 2 IIDX controllers... 8-)
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

DJKero wrote:

people that have 2 IIDX controllers... 8-)
And here is more like EZ2DJ,
than IIDX. ;) (Space mix in osu!- it's awesome! :D)
PROGUY
I know it's fun and challenging, but I disagree with this. Currently as seen in mania scores, most people would rather play 4k than 7k. As a result when comparing it with 14k or 14+2k, probably less than 100 players would play it anyway. In addition, people require to afford two controllers or 1 controller + 1 keyboard to play this game mode as opposed to other game modes that needs just a mouse and/or keyboard which comes with your PC (tablet is optional for standard, same to wiimotes for taiko).
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael

PROGUY wrote:

I know it's fun and challenging, but I disagree with this. Currently as seen in mania scores, most people would rather play 4k than 7k. As a result when comparing it with 14k or 14+2k, probably less than 100 players would play it anyway. In addition, people require to afford two controllers or 1 controller + 1 keyboard to play this game mode as opposed to other game modes that needs just a mouse and/or keyboard which comes with your PC (tablet is optional for standard, same to wiimotes for taiko).
You did not read it. First, DP is
intended primarily for
multiplayer. Second, I wrote
that will be special events for
DP, which turns them into SP.
DJKero
Yeah, and I suggested to have Single Player DP Charts support too... but the Half map coop thing in DP is a way like innovation... would be cool...