forum

It's live or die time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
creampuff
An introduction...the first thing that gets you recognized in this cruel, cold forum world.I'm such a poet. Now...

Let's not fuck this up.

I've been in the game for a while now, but the forums didn't really interest me.

Then, I went to Off-Topic.

There's nothing really interesting about me, but that's a matter of opinion, I guess. Making first impressions isn't my thing. But, if I think I know this place as much as I think I do, you gotta make friends or you'll just be this little speck that no one ever notices. So, be gentle with me. I bruise easily. I play with mouse and mouse only. No keyboard, no tablet. Just mouse. I'm also interested in mapping.

I could use mapping tips, I'm not an expert.

I'm done.
Keichirou
...hello and welcome to the forum
Vext_old
You remind me of someone I used to know... Hrm, welcome.
Topic Starter
creampuff

Vext wrote:

Is that so?
Hika

Tsusuko wrote:

An introduction...the first thing that gets you recognized in this cruel, cold forum world.
I couldn't read anymore after that. OT is more like a cold trash can with no lid on it so you can throw whatever the fuck you want in it.
Welcome!
Topic Starter
creampuff

Hika wrote:

Tsusuko wrote:

An introduction...the first thing that gets you recognized in this cruel, cold forum world.
I couldn't read anymore after that. OT is more like a cold trash can with no lid on it so you can throw whatever the fuck you want in it.
Welcome!
Thanks ^^
Vext_old

Tsusuko wrote:

Vext wrote:

Is that so?
Indeed. Only difference being you are seemingly nice on these forums instead of mean lol
Topic Starter
creampuff

Vext wrote:

Indeed. Only difference being you are seemingly nice on these forums instead of mean lol
Welp, that's good.
Hika
She's not being nice... Just normal.
Hoverlegs
Yo. I like you already! I can totally relate to everything you've said.

Welcome!
Topic Starter
creampuff

Hoverlegs wrote:

Yo. I like you already! I can totally relate to everything you've said.

Welcome!
'Sup, Legs-sama~
Thanks~

This is completely unrelated, but are the legs in your icon IA's legs?
Hoverlegs

Tsusuko wrote:

Legs-sama~
HNGGG

Yes, yes they are. Wh-what about it?
Topic Starter
creampuff

Hoverlegs wrote:

Yes, yes they are. Wh-what about it?
I KNEW IT. I was just wonderin'
Hoverlegs
Yeah, I was browsing my pics for avatars and noticed she's floating...and voila!
Topic Starter
creampuff

Hoverlegs wrote:

Yeah, I was browsing my pics for avatars and noticed she's floating...and voila!
I wish I were as cool as you, Legs-sama ;w;
Hoverlegs

Tsusuko wrote:

Legs-sama
...call me that one more time \o/
Topic Starter
creampuff

Hoverlegs wrote:

Tsusuko wrote:

Legs-sama
...call me that one more time \o/
Sure, Legs-sama~
D33d
Welcome to the forums! You'll probably find many things in this community to wind you up as you will things that make you want to stay. Don't become discouraged from this place if something does piss you off. My time here has been pretty up and down, but it's fun all the same.

Without trying to be arrogant about it, I know a fair bit about mapping and have dealt with loads of different styles. My opinions on what makes a good map differs from most of the people here, but I can definitely help you to make tidy, sensible and entertaining maps. My best tip would be to learn how to make easy and normal difficulties feel appropriate to their level, feel consistent and look extremely presentable. Eventually, that'll spill over to harder difficulties and then you'll know how to make an entire mapset look and feel great.
Topic Starter
creampuff

D33d wrote:

Welcome to the forums! You'll probably find many things in this community to wind you up as you will things that make you want to stay. Don't become discouraged from this place if something does piss you off. My time here has been pretty up and down, but it's fun all the same.

Without trying to be arrogant about it, I know a fair bit about mapping and have dealt with loads of different styles. My opinions on what makes a good map differs from most of the people here, but I can definitely help you to make tidy, sensible and entertaining maps. My best tip would be to learn how to make easy and normal difficulties feel appropriate to their level, feel consistent and look extremely presentable. Eventually, that'll spill over to harder difficulties and then you'll know how to make an entire mapset look and feel great.
Why, thank you, D33d. I'm glad you took your time to write this well thought-out message for me and I look forward to mapping more with these tips in mind ^^
Ephemeral
you're going to get sued for having rounded corners on your signature btw
Kanye West

I like you already.
MMzz

Kanye West wrote:

I like you already.
This^.

Also feel free to come to me if you have any questions about mapping and modding, I'll gladly help.

Oh I almost forgot, Hello.
silmarilen

Kanye West wrote:

I like you already.
Emaal
Welcome to the forums mate. :3 Try not to get to scared off from OT, it is just like a lizards asshole.
Topic Starter
creampuff

Ephemeral wrote:

you're going to get sued for having rounded corners on your signature btw

Well, shit.

Kanye West wrote:

I like you already.

MMzz wrote:

Also feel free to come to me if you have any questions about mapping and modding, I'll gladly help.

Oh I almost forgot, Hello.
Hello, nice to meet yo-holy shit, a BAT.
I AM NOT WORTHYYY..

Emaal wrote:

Welcome to the forums mate. :3 Try not to get to scared off from OT, it is just like a lizards asshole.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Emaal
Oh, keep in mind, we have a good button called "Edit" too.
Foxtrot
If you want to be liked in this community I recommend you to avoid triple posting. Friendly advice!

Welcome.
silmarilen

Dulcet wrote:

If you want to be liked in this community I recommend you to avoid quadra posting. Friendly advice!

Welcome.
fix'd
Topic Starter
creampuff
Yeah, ok. Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll try not to look stupid in front of anyone from now on.
MMzz
Let me just fix that quadra post for you.~
kriers
I also want to be able to quote that many times in a post!

welcome