forum

What headphones do you use while playing osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ohrami
Sennheiser HD598, the official headphones of Nakano Azusa.

Don't be jealous

Oh also, bagnz0r is screwing with you, coolvip
Jarby
Bitch is fucking rich.
mnh48

DADDYCOOLVIPPR wrote:

I'm a developer, I need my computer to be reliable. I hate Windows, because it's crap in every single way.
I reccomend a variant of Linux, then, it's fantastic. If you love the mac os for whatever reason, get a Hackintosh. Apple horrendously overprice just about everything that they sell.

I'm a messy and active person, I need my electronics gear to be built out of good components - not cheap plastic.
Since when is a custom-built computer "Cheap plastic"? It's the same stuff that's in your mac, don't forget it's all made in the same factories.

I have used countless laptops, countless PCs (prebuilt and self-made) in the past... None of them stoop to this thing's level.
Probably a result of better hardware, although your next part suggests otherwise

All I care about is, how fast is it to boot into a fully working environment that will let me start working
If your mac has an SSD, this is how it boots fast. If it doesn't have an SSD, it'll be easily outclassed by a computer with one. You can put your OS on an SSD, as well as a few other programs you use often.

all I care about is how snappy things are and how reliable machine is
I'm currently using a custom-built windows 7 computer and I've never had an issue with "reliability".

I can give you an example of the current Android phone I'm about to get rid of... It has dual-core CPU, fuckload of RAM, retina-like display etc. all that nugget crap. But tell you what, it runs much worse and less snappy than my old iPhone 3G had with single-core 400 MHz CPU and 128 MB RAM.
That's a phone, and Android is apparently better than iOS because of its customisation and range of apps. I'm not positive on this, I've had no experience with Android, so I can't say much on it.

But hey, let's talk about games a little bit. My opinion didn't change here since I was a kid... CONSOLES are the gaming platform, not COMPUTERS. I can hop on with any game I want to play out there and play it at constant and very smooth framerate. I don't even have to upgrade my console, I just buy a game and it works! However, when a new game comes out for PC - I have to upgrade particular components because said game does not run well on such machine, hence giving horrid experience.
Sickening. There's a ton of upsides to gaming on a computer- games are cheaper, they look much prettier, mouse and keyboard... Games consoles are severely limited, and always have been. Most games are multi-platform nowadays, and there's more PC exclusives than console exclusives.

Also, uber cool PCs - those things don't find their way into offices. Especially when you develop for every single platform out there, including iOS. From a business point of view, Mac market is much more healthy. When I develop an app for Mac or iPhone - I know I will get money for it. People who buy Macs are rich, and so - they don't usually pirate their software.
Macs actually account for a very small percent of the market, since they have to both have a lot of money and not be too knowledgeable about computers. On top of that, Apple are pretty notoriously controlling when it comes to developing software- look at peppy's blog to see his troubles with Apple, for example. Jailbreaking for iOS is very popular, too. However, I don't have any statistics, so I can't say whether or not they "buy more of a certain app", I'd assume that's where Apple's OS has an advantage though since I doubt people who buy macs mind throwing their money around.
Wait, I think you guys are already run off topic :|
Didn't the topic is What headphones do you use while playing osu? -_-
bagnz0r
I reccomend a variant of Linux, then, it's fantastic. If you love the mac os for whatever reason, get a Hackintosh. Apple horrendously overprice just about everything that they sell.
Linux is cool and all, I used it at G Data Software for 2 years. But it doesn't run Photoshop... And seems like every distro is just beginning to get worse.

Since when is a custom-built computer "Cheap plastic"? It's the same stuff that's in your mac, don't forget it's all made in the same factories.
My laptop is built out of aluminium, how about yours? Again, I'm talking about laptops here.

Probably a result of better hardware, although your next part suggests otherwise
I merely suggested that Windows sucks.

If your mac has an SSD, this is how it boots fast. If it doesn't have an SSD, it'll be easily outclassed by a computer with one. You can put your OS on an SSD, as well as a few other programs you use often.
SSD doesn't make slow OS fast. Windows is bloated in every single way.

I'm currently using a custom-built windows 7 computer and I've never had an issue with "reliability".
On another hand, I did.

That's a phone, and Android is apparently better than iOS because of its customisation and range of apps. I'm not positive on this, I've had no experience with Android, so I can't say much on it.
Features: Wins with iOS
Reliability/stability: Looses with iOS greatly
Performance: Looses with about any other mobile OS out there

Sickening. There's a ton of upsides to gaming on a computer- games are cheaper, they look much prettier, mouse and keyboard... Games consoles are severely limited, and always have been. Most games are multi-platform nowadays, and there's more PC exclusives than console exclusives.
And run at 20fps.

Macs actually account for a very small percent of the market, since they have to both have a lot of money and not be too knowledgeable about computers. On top of that, Apple are pretty notoriously controlling when it comes to developing software- look at peppy's blog to see his troubles with Apple, for example. Jailbreaking for iOS is very popular, too. However, I don't have any statistics, so I can't say whether or not they "buy more of a certain app", I'd assume that's where Apple's OS has an advantage though since I doubt people who buy macs mind throwing their money around.
More developers monetize their work on Apple products than on Windows or Android.
Tesu
:lol:
Uni
Steelseries Siberia v2 Black Gold edition here
Blaziken

Lybydose wrote:

$10 headphones I bought at Wal-Mart
ztrot
sony bass headphones paid like 80 bucks 4 years ago they still are going strong :D
jjrocks
I recently bought the Logitech G980 (a wireless variant of the Logitech G35). I switched to the wireless version because my wired version broke and so far I have loved it <3

H_Hitachiin
Normal iPod Earphones
Tesu
Beats
peppercatastrop
Sennheiser HD201
Naikaze
Sennheiser HD202

Tesu

jjrocks wrote:

I recently bought the Logitech G980 (a wireless variant of the Logitech G35). I switched to the wireless version because my wired version broke and so far I have loved it <3

this is heavy
Keichirou
G-Shark
GS-HS790
SESIN
Gembird something.
clmnt
Siberia v2 the white shit-tier
Distant years
I USE TEH RAZER MEGALODON
theowest
VoidnOwO
:)
FelixCross
Sony MDR-XB500's.

Aurele
$1 earphones.
jjrocks

Frosty wrote:

this is heavy
Really? I've never experienced any fatigue with this headset as far as I've used it. Though I guess to each their own. Also, I tested this in my house the other day and it turns out that it covers the entire house which means the range is actually longer than it actually says on the box
Konei
None, lol o3o
Yafutsufa
i have no idea what kind of headphones do i use.... i use as long it usable..... :D
Mints
Razer megalodon o.o
FrzR
http://www.koss.com/en/products/headpho ... _Headphone

my dad bought it from japan. And surprisingly it was actually made from the US. :|
Dekonare
Used Creative SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Alpha. Now using Logitech G35.
Heibel
Razer Carcharias

Disso-
Steelseries Siberia v2
Park-Hyun
Very basic ones atm.
pielak213
­
Miyu
Turtlebeach
earforce X12
Cropzy