forum

2 Suggests: Solo play in Multiplayer room and a Force Start [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Razelis_old
I actually have two suggestions I thought of:

1. I was thinking it would be nice if we could play while waiting for players to join a room that's just been created... They can join mid-song so there is no problem with that~

2. Also another suggestion is to maybe make a force-start button where the Song start to play even though some players do not own a beatmap... All the players that do will play normally while the ones that don't will stay in the room lobby and see everyone on "Playing" status as if they joined mid-song...

Feel free to comment and list upsides and downsides about these features!
Derekku
Please don't use a large font for your entire post.

First request: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27867

Second request: I really don't the point of this. If people don't want to download a song, then they should leave. If it's taking them forever and you don't want to wait, kick them/ask them to leave/etc.
Topic Starter
Razelis_old

Derekku wrote:

Second request: I really don't the point of this. If people don't want to download a song, then they should leave. If it's taking them forever and you don't want to wait, kick them/ask them to leave/etc.
Well somtimes a certain group could play said song while the person who do not own the beatmap downloads it, and then replay it after they're done the first time when he finally done downloading...

I think it's a better idea than kicking players with slow connections or asking them to leave, that's all.

Another case would be friends that wouldn't want to download a specific Beatmap but would still want to stay in the room for the next play. without this feature they are forced to leave...
Derekku
Hmmm... regardless (for whatever reason), some people might like a force start option, so I won't deny this (yet).
anonymous_old
I'm pretty sure your second suggestion was already suggested, too, but I can't find the request...

It was shot down, IIRC.
iDwarf
I was thinking about that scoreboard in multi. You know, i can hide it in solo so it don't disturb me while playing. But in multi i can't do such thing.
And 'cause of that i always distract
Derekku

Midget wrote:

I was thinking about that scoreboard in multi. You know, i can hide it in solo so it don't disturb me while playing. But in multi i can't do such thing.
And 'cause of that i always distract
This has also been requested multiple times and shot down.
Topic Starter
Razelis_old

Derekku wrote:

Hmmm... regardless (for whatever reason), some people might like a force start option, so I won't deny this (yet).
I'm pretty sure most people would use such a button. As of now, in fully populated rooms, I spend more time waiting than actually playing (I'm mostly joining than running my own game room).
Also, a lot of people don't even understand English so you can't even be sure if they are downloading a Beatmap or are just AFK as asking them won't help... And well, I think that most people would rather have another solution than waiting few minutes once a person join then kicking them if he doesn't get a map (after waiting to see that they don't have it or if they see it will take a while until they do)

As of now (from my experience) there is a lot of waiting in multiplayer and I'm just trying to find ways to decrease the waiting time as we should be aiming to that~
theowest
added!