forum

Disgaea Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
lukewarmholiday
But yeah outside of those 2 axel is 3rd best.
awp
X-Dimension is a bitch in Disgaea 4. I've already hit 2 maps where my current party couldn't possibly win, due to certain tricks being necessary (Throw 7, Petanque Evil Aura). Not as straightforward as it was in Disgaea 3.
lukewarmholiday
Make a slime for throw 7, or do you actually need THROW 7.
awp
A slime is good enough. I have a slime tier 4 atm. With MoO4 unlocked you can level them pretty quickly. You don't actually need to level them, but you need to run down a ~30 tile path with obstacles so you'll also want to invest in some BarefootX or Accelerators.
Ivalset

awp wrote:

Get your senator to sit in on my bill and I can hook you up, bro
Hook me up, nigga.
lukewarmholiday
My face when everything gets confiscated
awp
Just cheesed the battle with Overlord Zetta and made him join my party. So OP.
Ivalset
"Dammit! I am a lady!"

Fuka owns.

Fuck, this entire game owns, so hard.
awp
Fuka won't shut up about her fucking "this is a dream" shtick and because of that I hate her.

I fuckin' love her old man though, that guy's a riot.
Ivalset
Actually, I get excited everytime Fenrich calls someone a bitch.

What a guy.
Bestelle
Considering that she's the only Prinny that retained her original form(with a hat) I don't blame her for thinking it's just a dream. Although she does get pretty annoying, also, what kind of dream lasts that long?
I still like her, though.
Ivalset
"Final Episode: Magic Knight Valvatorez etc etc..."

No wonder Valvatorez owns so much, he's secretly the best class in the disgaea series.
lukewarmholiday

Ivalset wrote:

"Final Episode: Magic Knight Valvatorez etc etc..."

No wonder Valvatorez owns so much, he's secretly the best class in the disgaea series.
get on mumble
Ivalset
Fuuck, okay

Wait, what the fuck is the mumble address and shit?
Quaraezha
Bumping with GREAT JUSTICE!
The Japanese trailer for Disgaea D2 (Dimension 2) has been released!
Bringing back the original cast: Laharl with longer shorts, Etna with a shorter skirt and Fallen Angel Flonne!

awp
I stumbled upon that when trying to remember what Pleinair's name was a couple days ago. Evidently, the girl in the bottom right (just above the fire mage, next to the Angel) is of Laharl's relation.

I don't think it's a re-make, but more of an "Alternate Universe Reboot". They'll likely take a few cracks at how everything is a reboot these days

oh right, Flonne wasn't a fallen angel until the end of Disgaea 1 anyway
Aoriki
I like how they upgraded the graphics from the first one. Etna is now wearing panties as far as I can see (instead of those shorts she use to wear)
Also, should Laharl be a prinny of was I the only one that got that ending?
awp
Laharl becomes a prinny at some point, but I don't remember which timeframe in the Disgaea canon that is (given that there are also multiple "proper" endings to each game, it's a bit vague as to which one is canon in and of itself).

From what I recall, there's a huge war that takes place some time after Disgaea 1 that Laharl is killed in, and that's when he becomes a Prinny (that one ending from Disgaea 1/the anime is not the 'canon' event that turns Laharl into a Prinny). Etna tries to work him exceedingly hard so that he'll become a demon again more quickly, but he still retains his selfishness and arrogance as a Prinny so idk where that goes.

But he's still a demon in Disgaea 2, 3 and 4, so I have no idea where in the timeline the war takes place. I haven't played Prinny: CIRBTH 2 so if more light was shed on the subject in that one, that'd be good.
Quaraezha
I'm assuming this is AFTER every other Disgaea game, like after Disgaea 4.
Chronologically-wise. Based on Laharl's new shorts. I'm pretty sure they'll have a joke about it.
Aoriki
I just realized something...Laharl has pants now. Where was I when this happen?
But anyways, the time line I was speaking about was about Laharl being a Prinny in the game.
When Laharl turns into a Prinny. When you defeat the angel, Seraph, that turn Flonne into a flower for what she did (Or something she has done). You had a choice to ether lose the battle or win to get a certain ending.

Other then that, What part will it take place on the squeal...since everyone looks almost different (Graphic wise, new (semi) clothing)
awp

Quaraezha wrote:

Based on Laharl's new shorts. I'm pretty sure they'll have a joke about it.
I'm expecting them to make some sort of implication that, because they made Laharl's shorts longer, they had to make Etna's shorter.

Also:

Nice-bodied!
Quaraezha
Has there always been a ribbon tied around Flonne's thigh?
Bestelle
No clue, but I like it.
awp

Quaraezha wrote:

Has there always been a ribbon tied around Flonne's thigh?
I think her robes used to be too long to see it
Quaraezha
Just checked her Disgaea 2 and Trinity Universe artworks.

Nah, there was no ribbon there. And I think the length of her dress is the same?
awp
Looks that way. I was only thinking of the in-game sprite (which, prior to Disgaea 4, didn't really have the graphical fidelity to stand out anyway)
Tesu
i wanna play this looks like awsome
Tadakichi
[Deleted]
NicoNicoNiii
Nice necro :D I'm a huge fan of disgaea series too. My fav is first disgaea's psp remake because you can take it out, play and grind everywhere you want. Played every game and probably will buy the fifth.

Nisa <3<33<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3