osu! Release (b20121029)

posted
Total Posts
show more
miss_master_old
For now,we can see mania's rep.
Rey-volution
All updates is very Awesome! :D
peppy, why some mod in o!mania not improving the score (ex. HR, FL, FD)?
ddr2c68
wow good background, i will become a supporter in the feature :D

OSU! is awesome!!!!!!!!!
Topic Starter
peppy

Rey-vo wrote:

All updates is very Awesome! :D
peppy, why some mod in o!mania not improving the score (ex. HR, FL, FD)?
woc is still working on mods. they will be implemented soon.
Rey-volution
my suggestion is HR, HD 1.06, DT and FL 1.12
because DT FL is harder than HR HD
Liehtz
Yay! :)
chox_old
feature of seeing keys is genious, thank you.
woc2006

Rey-vo wrote:

mania mod will never increase the total score which is setted to 1M, but will help you to reach a higher score.
miss_master_old

peppy wrote:

woc is still working on mods. they will be implemented soon.
Yes, keep waiting for that~
Bass
What about o!m diffs in mapsets. Will they be rankable?
Pokie
More interests of spectating now :P Yay
Snow Note
Great News! :)
BusterBeachside
A long time ago, I thought of the "seeing which keys you pressed" feature. I promptly forgot about it. D: I LOVE it! Might make replays more interesting.

Also, I've been practicing up on my osu!Mania skillz. :p I wonder how high I can get before official rankings?

And yet another reason why I need to become a Supporter. Soon, soon! ;p
AngelHoney
ppy new ava O.O!
-kevincela-
Nice update! That spectator thing is pretty much useful and helpful without any doubt :D
Krenyez

peppy wrote:

With this build, osu!mania ranking is now in a beta testing stage. This means you can now submit scores for existing maps, but they will be reset after about a week, or maybe sooner. Use this time to have some fun and help us test the system out (make sure to report anything strange in Tech Support forum). Read on for a few more changes.
this will be mean including a Player Ranking ?
XPJ38

Luster_DNFWTF wrote:

this will be mean including a Player Ranking ?
Not for the time being, as you can see, but yes there will be one: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp/?m=3
alancito10t
I don't have a 'WOW' computer (Sandy Bridge i3) but it always ran osu! perfect. With this update, the game constantly freezes for 1 second, or less, but like 25-30 times per beatmap. Not only the music freezes, the game too, so I lose a lot of notes. And, at the time I am writing this reply, I have osu! open, with "Don't stop me now". Imagine it sounds like: "i'm having a good timeeee" and a lot of phrases like that in other beatmaps. I would like to get the previous version, to see if its a problem of my computer, or from osu!. Yes, I ticked low-end PC in settings. It's an annoying bug. HELP :S
Crakila

peppy wrote:

Performance Improvements

After a lot of testing, I believe to have fixed a few long-term issues which cause some users to experience occasional game-freezes that could last up to a second. Please let me know if you are seeing improvements by replying in this thread.
I noticed when going through songs on the Song Selection screen, it would freeze for about a second, this has been fixed in the latest build. Thanks ppy!
Topic Starter
peppy

alancito10t wrote:

Yes, I ticked low-end PC in settings. It's an annoying bug. HELP :S
low end pc won't help. restart your pc. also use tech support forum, not this thread.
Leonardo Mauro
I didn't quite get it. Is the entire build for supporters, or only those special features? :?

Edit: AH duh! The changelog mentions it! That's what I get for %&@! Internet connection. :x
Tony
Awesome updates peppy! Everything seems to be in order and the performance of the game increased alot! Especially in the songs selection menu! Good job, and keep going with the awesome work!
Doodley
Neat.

Still hoping we see more skinnable menu features in the future. Nice feature though.
iGummi
Awesome :D
meiikyuu
nice (:
MouseOnly25
nice job!
Winshley

peppy wrote:

Button status overlay

When watching osu! standard replays (or spectating), you will now be able to see how the player pressed their buttons. You can also toggle this on for your own playing, which is useful when streaming or recording a video of yourself (check under Input settings in options).
Is this skin-able? <3
Yuriii_old
very nice!!! :D
Peace Bird

o.o
these four hinder the scorebar o.o
can i hide them?
Ranesha
Thanks and lol omg... some ppl are insane never expected ppl to actually get a hang of insane songs so fast
H_Hitachiin

Peace Bird wrote:

o.o
these four hinder the scorebar o.o
can i hide them?
I want to hide them too >.<
Also kinda wondering why there are 4 buttons >.<
HakuNoKaemi
Still, it freeze a moment in those patterns..
though the editor doesn't "freeze" while loading them...
You could try to implement some "dynamic" buffer of map element?
Topic Starter
peppy
DYBNAMIC

BUFFER

ELEMENT
TheVileOne

woc2006 wrote:

Rey-vo wrote:

mania mod will never increase the total score which is setted to 1M, but will help you to reach a higher score.
I really don't understand what you mean. SS w/o mods = 1 M, so SS with mods should equal > 1m There is no helping one get to 1 million higher, mods make things more challenging not more easier. If you think that you're just going to give more weight to the reward each hits you, then I am strongly opposed to that. It would definitely be a poorly balanced system and not make playing with mods worth it, since those who play with mods would have no problem playing it without mods, which nullifies this supposed weight, and it would give absolutely no benefit scoreboard wise as compared to other similar scores (no mod SS for example). Playing with mods just has to put the player at a greater scoring plane or they will only disadvantage the player and thus make them pointless and not worth the annoyance of using them.
Leasath
peppy, a single question. The levels gained in the beta will be reseted too?
XPJ38

Leasath wrote:

peppy, a single question. The levels gained in the beta will be reseted too?
Yes, because level is directly linked to ranked score.
MillhioreF

XPJ38 wrote:

Yes, because level is directly linked to total score.
Fixed that for you
XPJ38
Oops, my bad.
RAMPAGE88
Love the game!
but too hard for me :(
HakuNoKaemi

peppy wrote:

DYBNAMIC

BUFFER

ELEMENT
I was pointing to adding a buffer so the game pre-load heavier parts before playing them, dynamic so that the buffer size is adapted to how many elements the map will have in the next seconds.
I don't actually even know if it's doable, though.
show more