osu! release (b20121008): osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZekeyHache
I would call it OSU!Hero

This is fun with my wireless keyboard!

Yomiell
This update is really great! I love it, but there's a little something that bothers me. I don't quite believe this is a glitch, but it still does bother me.

You can assign all of the keys to a single key on your keyboard, and you don't miss if you press more keys than you're supposed to (at a time). So you can just keep pressing one button through the whole song and still get a great grade.

ezek wrote:

I would call it
OSU!HeroI get a little sad that GH is more known than any "-----mania" games...
xXPandapocalypseXx
I love this game mode.

To be honest with you, I have just found it on accident after getting mad with my unresponsive mouse and going to Taiko mode! and I love it already!
already finished 13 songs with the mode! :)

Keep up the good work!
xXPandapocalypseXx
Kumanoko
Brilliant updates
S4suk3
is really really really hard this new mod i need more practice. ¿any advice? x3
Tesu
hahaha i played osu becuase of this gameplay
Tr1ll_old
im lookin forward to the implementation of ranking of maniamode:)
s ranker disc

Yaruo_860 wrote:

im lookin forward to the implementation of ranking of maniamode:)
same ^^ 8-) :idea: :oops:
ieb
Wow.... :)
-kevincela-

S4suk3 wrote:

is really really really hard this new mod i need more practice. ¿any advice? x3
Just practice by yourself,using mods such as 6/7 keys mode. The more you will practice,the more you will get better.
Mismagius
guitar hero made me only play 5k >:
Setlet
Remove 200, or make 200s the same as 300s. So it would match osu's score system + accuracy would be more normal. (right now it's impossible to get SS imo)
animez15
:D i always get low rank xD...but then again, once u play the osu!mania u really know how to play it..if!! u play and play and practice :D
Axel

Setlet wrote:

Remove 200, or make 200s the same as 300s. So it would match osu's score system + accuracy would be more normal. (right now it's impossible to get SS imo)

No, The scoring System on here is nearly the same as osu!Stream for the IOS (I Saw peppy say this from somewhere in a suggestion thread)
Not all the modes have to be the same you know.
Setlet

bRiGhT wrote:

Setlet wrote:

No, The scoring System on here is nearly the same as osu!Stream for the IOS (I Saw peppy say this from somewhere in a suggestion thread)
Not all the modes have to be the same you know.
Ok I can understand this, but still it's impossible to get an SS. Because even the normal 300's can give you max 96% accuracy. Why it's so important to have a very "nazi" accuracy system? Getting those rainbow 300's is pure luck imo.
Nwolf

Setlet wrote:

Getting those rainbow 300's is pure luck imo.
Nah, rainbow 300's just need very very very perfect timing.
alanhsiaovin
Great! I love this new game mode~

But I'm confused that every time after I updated my osu!, some of my maps became different! The matter is that the new ones are usually harder than the old ones(like sometimes a 4K map turns into a 6K map, and 6K becomes 7K). Maybe I'm not so good at complex tapping, but I still want to enjoy the songs I like!

Is it common that the maps change after updating? Can I undo my maps into the older ones? Is there any way that I can reserve my old maps while updating? Or could you just stop getting the maps harder?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!
THANKS A LOT :)
artpiggo
Why does it have to be this strict especially in long note? Why do we need to immediately release the button at the end of it? That makes no sense at all. :|
-i [C]ame-
any guide on how to play it using joystick?
s ranker disc

twistedrin wrote:

any guide on how to play it using joystick?
hmm left left for 4 keys only up down right yay :D
yurunneram
This new mode is really cool but I have trouble remembering which key is which ^^"
Winshley
I just found the way to reproduce the bug where playing other modes become unranked.

Simply play any map on osu!mania with Flashlight mod. You don't have to complete the whole map, play and then quit right away will do as well. That will trigger other modes to become unranked plays as well until you restart osu!.
Sakura
And why didn't you post this in tech support?
Rei Hakurei

Winshley wrote:

I just found the way to reproduce the bug where playing other modes become unranked.

Simply play any map on osu!mania with Flashlight mod. You don't have to complete the whole map, play and then quit right away will do as well. That will trigger other modes to become unranked plays as well until you restart osu!.
it doesn't happen here anyway :(
Krenyez
When I play Easy beatmap,, why I change 4K into 7K,, the score multiplier is get down ?
The 7K difficult is higher than 4K
-Kirika-
i can't start my osu!mania anyway -____-
TheVileOne

Luster_DNFWTF wrote:

When I play Easy beatmap,, why I change 4K into 7K,, the score multiplier is get down ?
The 7K difficult is higher than 4K
Well probably because it's very complex to adjust score multiplier based on initial number of keys on map. It may or may not be planned in the future, but IMO it's more fair to keep it a lower multiplier, so that people aren't forced to play 7/8K with all the modes on the easy difficulties to get a decent rank.
Eu Hellscythe
Notepad: Cool.
aoalagi
cool dude, now we can say "i can't play piano, but i can play OSU! mania" XD
it would be more awesome if the sound change into piano sound, just like taiko has drum sound :)
momo1233211
So cool! ;)
Akinari97
I can't wait the osu mania rankings :)
nanda2009

artpiggo wrote:

Why does it have to be this strict especially in long note? Why do we need to immediately release the button at the end of it? That makes no sense at all. :|
Well, DJMAX series (except technika) are like this...

idk about o2jam.

Probably the strick judgement is from IIDX.
ww852xx

aoalagi wrote:

it would be more awesome if the sound change into piano sound, just like taiko has drum sound :)
bwross

aoalagi wrote:

Try this map then: Fiona Fung - Proud of You (Piano Version)
Gon
will replay views stay after reset?
Topic Starter
peppy

Gon wrote:

will replay views stay after reset?
does it really matter..?
Gon
i know it's really trivial, but OK. guess i'll find out next week!
rexel4397
There are 2 problems with this feature, first the scoring system is abit harsh they should give more leeway, second there absolutely no learning curve, u cant expect someone to learn by adding a button and increasing the difficulty every single time, there should be a section where there are different difficulties on the different numbers of buttons, Just my opinion tho
azacri04
please fix osudroid because the latest beatmap is not working....sorry for my bad english
spoonguy
Uh, i'm sorry, but I really don't like osu!mania's accuracy and score.

I really say accuracy is way too strict, principally if the objective is making maps possible to SS and S.

Also, if you want to respond me saying that i'm a noob and stuff... No, really, if you think it's not strict, imagine when osu!mania is rankable, the converted maps are reaaaly easy peasy compared to what would be the insane diff on another games.

Also the score seems very WEIRD, principally the penalty for the misses, it pratically makes you restart again and a better play wouldn't get a better score because the better play got a miss earlier.

If everything is fixed, I can even say osu!mania is better than almost all rhythym games out there.
show more