forum

MAT purple colour in-game [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Bass
I am not MAT but I think they are should be recognisable in-game by having purple colour. Really it would be useful. If BATs/Admins have colour then why MATs not?Also own channel in-game, as I heard(?) they have kind of some channel somewhere else but having in here would be more handy. Of course channel should be somehow restricted so MATs would need to have set some mode(maybe like % next to nick or other mark? Just for something to make channel restricted restrictions and we can even recognise then via IRC client. I think for peppy it shouldn't be hard to code since it's his server.)

Also quoting myself

They have right to bubble maps and deny KD and other little things, and since they are helping community a lot I think they should have their respectable colour.
+supporter is yellow because he/she supports game right? So MAT can be purple because he/she helps with mapper community a lot and they even deserve colour more than a supporter(no offense)
theowest
I guess they'd get more respect this way.
Mercurial
Because MATs don't have rights as admin or something related (As BATs, Green BATs, Alumni!s and peppy got), I think.

But anyway, supporting.
riffy
Give some respects to MATs in-game. they deserve it
Topic Starter
Bass
They have right to bubble maps and deny KD and other little things, and since they are helping community a lot I think they should have their respectable colour.
Mercurial
I'm not saying that they don't deserve it.

They really need to be recognized ingame and IRC.
riffy
They improve our maps. Once again Star!
Sync
MATs have access to #lounge with BATs and chat-OPs and it has already been said (by peppy himself) that MATs won't get their a custom in-game color.

edit: To elaborate, I believe the aim here is to not establish unnecessary boundaries between MATs and regular users (the same could be said for BATs, but our name helps us stand out for moderation purposes); we're all equal -- they don't need more respect because you should be treating everybody with the same amount of respect regardless of whether or not they are MAT/BAT/chat-OP.
TicClick
Phew. You know it'll bring more troubles than profits, right? (@Bass and others supporting that idea)
Topic Starter
Bass

Sync wrote:

MATs have access to #lounge with BATs and chat-OPs and it has already been said (by peppy himself) that MATs won't get their a custom in-game color.

edit: To elaborate, I believe the aim here is to not establish unnecessary boundaries between MATs and regular users (the same could be said for BATs, but our name helps us stand out for moderation purposes); we're all equal -- they don't need more respect because you should be treating everybody with the same amount of respect regardless of whether or not they are MAT/BAT/chat-OP.
It's not like I wanted to insult other members. Just I think it would be easier to recognise MATs in-game than still looking at forum at that list who is MAT.
Sakura
peppy has already said no to this in multiple occasions, also MATs are already allowed into the same chat channel as BATs and Chat-ops

Marking as invalid.
theowest
wow, that was quick. such a waste of stars.
Sakura

theowest wrote:

wow, that was quick. such a waste of stars.
Happens when you start throwing stars left and right without even researching or checking beforehand.
deadbeat
yay for searching
i seem to recall some MAT's even being against this idea cause they didn't want attention to themselves or something like that. might be misremembering a bit though ._.

EDIT: lol, just noticed that you had all ready requested this xD
t/44608/