forum

Custom FPS cap [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
VelperK
Yeah, something to determine by ourselves what the FPS limit should be, so the high-end PCs could limit their FPS so they don't have a laggy gameplay and be able to get better outcomes.

EDIT: and by the way, my videocard is SO NOISY!!! so the FPS cap should do the work on getting it silenced...

geez, it makes the same noise as if i were playing crysis 2 with dx11 and HR texture pack n_n

(with this you should get that i'm playing with FPS unlimited, since i'm not accustomed to lower FPS, so i get 1500-2000 FPS ingame, giving the videocard the best of itself for the game in what FPS regards)
deadbeat
t/58385/
requested before
l1mi

deadbeat wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/58385/
requested before
Seems like it was "denied" and the risk of it getting requested again must be quite high. 2-3000 FPS and that makes no sense at all. CPU swallow more energy if the load is higher dossent it? Not a very enviroment friendly setting, maybe Greenpeace will boycott Osu.

Is there even a reason why custom max fps cant be changed by the user in the Osu config at least? Im on a 144Hz monitor and would like to cap it at 144 or 288. At the moment im running it in "unlimited" and get around 2-3000 FPS and CPU usage go up to 30%.

Custom FPS cap would help Osu players consume less electricity when playing the game. Less usage of energy means smaller risk of nuclearmeltdown in a powerplant, less risk of an oil tanker leaking oil somewhere in the ocean. And the player him/her self will be happy when the person can get the most out of their hardware.

The only negative side in this.. is the work and effort that someone have to put into this to make it happen. The request it self make sense to me, hardware change and who knows, in a year we might have monitors with 288Hz update frequency so why not make the change now rather then later?
ziin
It's not easy to make a custom fps limit, which is why nobody does it.
l1mi

ziin wrote:

It's not easy to make a custom fps limit, which is why nobody does it.

I know nothing about programming but Quake1 has one, is it possible to copy and use that in some way to save time? Its open source, dont have to invent the wheel twice.