forum

Borderlands 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
adam2046
I've been pretty much dicking around/exploring/playing slots while I wait for a patch to fix Do No Harm.
There aren't enough skins in the slot machines...
awp

nomen wrote:

the weapon arsenal is so huuuuge that even developers don't know how many weapons this game has.
pretty sure they have the tools to figure that out, since they wrote the code. Just a matter of taking each type of variant and the range of values each one can hold.

Problem is, that number is meaningless because it is absurdly high. Borderlands 1 wasn't too bad but I did some rough number crunching for the items you get in Disgaea 3 and Disgaea 4 and the exponent was 10^41. This was a conservative estimate because I was too lazy to look up a few things
Mara

Oh come on guys, this is what you get for playing slot machines too much!
Remco32
Am I the only one experiencing framedrops out of nowhere on the PC version? It runs absolutely find (>60 FPS) besides those sudden drops.
955BE 3,2GHZ + HD6950
awp

Remco32 wrote:

Am I the only one experiencing framedrops out of nowhere on the PC version? It runs absolutely find (>60 FPS) besides those sudden drops.
955BE 3,2GHZ + HD6950
oh don't tell me they fucked the PC version of this one as well

it took me four hours to get Borderlands 1 working >10fps on my current rig, which runs every other game I have at max settings :<
Heibel

awp wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

955BE 3,2GHZ + HD6950
oh don't tell me they fucked the PC version of this one as well

it took me four hours to get Borderlands 1 working >10fps on my current rig, which runs every other game I have at max settings :<
Both borderlands 1 and 2 runs perfectly on MY PC though :/
awp
Yeah I got it working at a solid 60fps now, but it took a lot of work and command tweaking. A lot of things, such as the UI, are also poorly designed in the PC version though. It just shouldn't be necessary to edit .INI files to get mousewheel scrolling to work in menus :{
Remco32

awp wrote:

Yeah I got it working at a solid 60fps now
Did you change something then?
I updated my drivers yesterday from 2 month old ones to the latest, maybe that'll fix it (a little)
awp

Remco32 wrote:

awp wrote:

Yeah I got it working at a solid 60fps now
Did you change something then?
I updated my drivers yesterday from 2 month old ones to the latest, maybe that'll fix it (a little)
After buying the game on Steam, I spent several hours tweaking settings in the .INI files (things like VSync, and stuff I didn't understand) to get the right combination to make the game run properly

This was Borderlands, of course. Not Borderlands 2. Don't have that one yet
Mara
Remco32
Spoilers?

The driverupdate seemed to have worked. No steady 60, but the amount of framedrops have lowered.
Mara
Not in the storyline, unless you mean the picture is large as hell.

Oh well, added a box.
Remco32
It looked final boss-ish
awp
I don't know if that would count as a spoiler though. From what I recall, the first Borderlands had in total 0 things that could be spoiled in the main storyline

That looks interesting though
Mara
And I'll say, also really hard.

Takes everything from you with about one hit even if you have 100K HP.

Really amazing boss.

EDIT: TVH Mode, 4 players that is. I heard that by using solo Salvador you can rape it pretty badly.
lolcubes
Just got this game the other day. Running quite smoothly on 965@3.6 and gtx460 in 1920x1200.
There are several FPS options though, choosing "smooth 22-62 FPS" seems to work fine, cause even when frame drops occur it doesn't feel that bad actually. I do experience some but it's more than playable, it's quite nice.

The game looks interesting but not really that fun after playing it for a long time, at least to me. I enjoyed Borderlands 1, however I guess not many things changed in 2 to warrant something really new to be stuck for hours with it. About 2 hours with a friend is enough for me.
Mara
2 hours, long time? What?

adam2046
I've got like 75 hours in game.
At least 20 of those was just me jumping on shit. I've also spent over 100 grand falling off of sanctuary.
After all this I can safely say that the jumping in this game is crap.
Remco32
I kinda like the player physics. There's enough air control to move around, and you don't run at a snail's pace.
adam2046

Remco32 wrote:

I kinda like the player physics. There's enough air control to move around, and you don't run at a snail's pace.
It feels like a snail's pace if you invest in Zer0's Followthrough skill. 7 points and suddenly it feels like you've equipped Bane every time it runs out.
Edit: Also I only just beat the game after 80 hours.
Alex311360
oh em gee

Too lazy too watch the video? Read these steps! If too lazy to read, you're screwed:
Step 1. Start a game in Sanctuary, single player campaign.
Step 2. Invite a friend with a golden key to join.
Step 3. Let them open the chest, grab all weapons/shield/mods/relics/etc.
Step 4. Brace yourself: Try and let your friend open the chest AGAIN with 0 keys.
Step 5. If it opens, SUCCESS, you can now open it a unlimited amount of times! If not, I'm sorry the glitch did not work for you. Think this is for all platforms, but I tested on Xbox 360 only.

Have a good day.
Mara

Remco32 wrote:

This. It's also fun to jump on things and platforms where you normally can't even jump in other games.
Pizzicato

Remco32 wrote:

no fall damage ftw
Lance
After playing on the PC for a while, switching over to the 360 (computer illiterate friends) is impossible. It just looks so bad...
awp
Pandora's gravity is lower than Earth's. Makes things kind of neat, though I never use jumping in combat
ztrot
I own the game and still haven't clocked more than 69 mins on the darn thing i feel bad now
RemmyX25
If I ever owned it on PC anytime soon, I'd love to join you guys, provided my PC can handle it. That said, I have it on 360 using Zer0 at lv 29 Sniper.
lolcubes
I saw Mechromancer at a friend's place and damn I wish I could get that DLC soon, looks fun haha.
Mara
Did it arrive already?

asdasd
Remco32

Mara wrote:

Did it arrive already?

asdasd
For only €10 you can play a class that totally hasn't been cut from the final game to sell later!
lolcubes
Well sadly that's how today's games work. Instead of getting a full product and then expansions, you get a lot of DLCs. :v
ztrot
and some dlcs are already on the disc :U
awp

lolcubes wrote:

Well sadly that's how today's games work. Instead of getting a full product and then expansions, you get a lot of DLCs. :v
With the first Borderlands they sold expansions. It was DLC, but pretty much the same as an expansion disc from the late 90s, early 2000s. They're a pretty good length, too.

10 units of whatever that currency is for a job class sounds a bit much, though. At least it was free for people who preordered
Mara
I preordered the game, so it should be free for me.

I am not going to touch the game for a moment tho, I ate too much candy in short amount of time.
awp
play and record vent
Alex311360
Got my Mechromancer DLC, love the action skill Deathtrap. Good to use as a distraction or in battle.
Also, glitch I mentioned is patched.
CarlRaven
I got my PC disc copy a couple of days ago. I play as Axton.

My friend got the Season Pass, so I think I'll be following suit.
Mara

CarlRaven wrote:

My friend got the Season Pass, so I think I'll be following suit.
Don't do it man!
Pizzicato
So, who here killed terramorphous alone?
I can't do it because im a bloodshed-built assassin ; w;
Mara
I could go and kill it but I am too lazy to level up my Gunzerker currently.
show more