forum

More Custom Hitsounds [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Torran
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
No reason to do it in a roundabout way, when he could just as easily add Custom Override 3
Derekku
Not having a number after the name and "1" after it do the same, so yeah, just adding a "3" would work better.
Topic Starter
Torran

Derekku Chan wrote:

Not having a number after the name and "1" after it do the same, so yeah, just adding a "3" would work better.
Huh? Currently, osu! won't recognize a file with a 1 after it so I'm just putting what we have to good use.
Derekku

soradg123 wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Huh? Currently, osu! won't recognize a file with a 1 after it so I'm just putting what we have to good use.
It doesn't? :X I haven't tried with 1, but I could've sworn that it worked... oh well XP
CheeseWarlock
I'd rather see both no number and 1 count as the same thing; I don't think this merits a new .osu version. A third set would be possible, but there's no reason to have a hitsound override that doesn't use a custom override button.
Topic Starter
Torran

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I'd rather see both no number and 1 count as the same thing; I don't think this merits a new .osu version. A third set would be possible, but there's no reason to have a hitsound override that doesn't use a custom override button.
1. When I meant osu version I meant the "osu file format v5" thingy
2. I don't see why you need to have a custom override button; I put skin elements in my folder but it doesn't mean I need a custom skin override button
3. So...we would add a custom override 3 button, I thought peppy hated toggles
4. Confusing much

OK, so the reason behind this idea goes like this: I don't like the hitsounds of a preferred skin for a song so I would use an unnumbered override that automatically overrides any hitsounds in the folder. Then, I would use override 1 and 2 to further customize the other override.
anonymous_old

soradg123 wrote:

3. So...we would add a custom override 3 button, I thought peppy hated toggles
lol.

If you need more custom hitsounds, perhaps you could exploit Soft/Normal sets of hitsounds, to give you two extra custom hitsound sets. I think six is enough... If you REALLY need more just add more overrides as LH suggested.
Topic Starter
Torran
...BRAIN BLAST! Thanks :)

Edit: Or maybe not...I'll go with the custom override 3 please
anonymous_old

soradg123 wrote:

Or maybe not...I'll go with the custom override 3 please
What happened? Did your plan fail, Jimmy? You need more than four custom hitsound sets?
RemmyX25
Why isn't 8 enough? Why do you really need more??
Topic Starter
Torran
It works fine for a normal authentic beatmap but then there was Believe...and its extra usage of sliderticks and sliderslides...and I failed :o
Gabi

RemmyX25 wrote:

Why isn't 8 enough? Why do you really need more??
yes. i plan to make a musical with one of my maps with just hitsounds.

i see this usefull in maybe marathon maps, but not many of those are mapped, but i see this a little usefull.

little support for it ;)
mm201
The current allotment of hitsounds is very limiting, so I would gladly welcome any additional options.

What I would personally like to see, because it would help with the overall quality of mapping while still respecting the player's choice of skins, are two new hitsounds per override: Tap and Strong. Tap would replace the defaulthit with a quieter hit, but still keeping with the "energy" of the override. (Soft-hitnormal doesn't fit so well with normal samplesets in many situations.) Emphasis would be a bassy kind of general, non-fancy sound, not as particular as Whistle, Clap, or even Finish, so it could be used in more places while still sounding good.

I also recall peppy saying something about Dance Overrides in the chat, but that he didn't have good sounds for it.

Also, coming purely from an optimization standpoint, sampleset override should be a characteristic of the hitobject instead of the timing section. 20,000 sections per map can't be efficient.
peppy
It is very efficient, actually.
anonymous_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

I also recall peppy saying something about Dance Overrides in the chat, but that he didn't have good sounds for it.
Like "Whooo" and "Yeah!!!" in the DS games? Do want.
Derekku

strager wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Can't you just storyboard those in? (not sure)
LuigiHann

Derekku Chan wrote:

strager wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

Can't you just storyboard those in? (not sure)
You can SB sounds, but they won't be triggered by hitting the beats, so it's not quite the same
Derekku

LuigiHann wrote:

You can SB sounds, but they won't be triggered by hitting the beats, so it's not quite the same
Oh yeah, duh. *person misses beat* "YEAH!" o_o oops XP
Topic Starter
Torran
I have resolved my problem in my sleep :) . Although I don't need more hitsounds now and I started this topic I'll still support it if anyone else wants it.