forum

[In-Game] Add or Remove Features in Updates [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Tanomoshii Nekojou
I don't know if this suggestion/feature request is a duplicate or what... But I want to express my suggestion in my way... :D :D :D :D

Ahmm.... Since osu! is near on its way on being customizable by the player... I am suggesting to add a new tab on osu! update window...

Example: (If possible...)

qwertykool wrote:

I am an avid CtB player, and when I first saw this, I was excited for it, but then I got to thinking of the cons.

FUNDAMENTAL REASONS WHY:

-The bananas are very "clashy" as in, they are very thick and bulgy and don't really mesh well with CtB. (I know that a retexture could finish that, but that isn't the only reason. xD)
-I honestly can't look at the bananas while playing a more serious map. They just look like they are from a toddler's cartoon. (Again retexture, but still...)
-Probably the biggest reason, for everyone: The fact that there are new textures for the fruit means that custom texture packs that change the CtB fruits (Great example here: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12952 and here: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17819) would no longer have the fruits that were designed (a.) specially for the texture pack, or (b.) specifically for the song (As in the first example).

Those are my reasons, and I don't know if peppy will always keep the bananas in anyway.

MY PROPOSAL:

A.) Give us the option of turning them on or off. (Which would --probably-- make everyone happy, but is less likely xD.)
B.) Remove them entirely.

I thought that this was a cool idea, but then I thought about the various cons, and it just seems like a poor addition.

Thanks to all who read this post in its entirety. : D
Well... Players can choose if he/she wants that feature or not... But of course some updates are STRONGLY needed for the improvement of the Application...

END...
MillhioreF
This kinda exists in a roundabout way - every update, back up your osu! folder to its own location, then only ever play it offline with the internet disconnected. Then you can select features and updates at will, at the cost of taking up extra hard drive space and not being able to use online features!

Seriously though, I can 100% assure you peppy won't add something like this.
XPJ38

MillhioreF wrote:

Seriously though, I can 100% assure you peppy won't add something like this.
Exactly. Don't expect too much of this request :?
blissfulyoshi

chan wrote:

7. Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
Just going to deny it based off that.