forum

[added] XFire, Steam and Skype forum profile support.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +66
show more
UtsukimiJerry
i did try playing osu with steam at once but it has buggy steam community. you can open steam community in game but when it comes to chat with a steam friend you cant type a single thing.

also heres what i thought should be implemented

xfire : xfire profile link
steam community link
Mr Gaddy
+1

And - Lastfm support pleeeaseee D:
Shael_old
bump
Sakura
I can understand skype...

Steam dont really think it's needed.

Xfire... what, you can always add your xfire pic thingy to your signature or your userpage
Shael_old
only bumping cuz of viewtopic.php?p=929551#p929551
Kitsunemimi
Do want very much
ampzz
Another bump in support of Skype user-name becoming an applicable entry to general profile overviews.

The amount of users I've talked to who actually use and will only use Skype as their preferred instant messaging client has been quite phenomenal during my year of playing osu!
It was half the reason I actually decided to make a Skype account in the first place.

Steam and XFire support I don't really care about but to other users that would be a nice option to have over the ICQ and Yahoo areas currently available.

+support.
dkun
do support
theowest
There are endless things that could be used in our profile.

Why can't it just be custom?

What do you have?
- Something called Skype.
Okay, just write Skype in that box and your username in the other box.
dkun

theowest wrote:

What do you have?
Then it would just be abused with hearts and all that shit because we can't have nice things. Better to have it uniform.
Fight69
Support, a lot of people are using Skype so it could be a good idea (also bump)
theowest

dkun wrote:

theowest wrote:

What do you have?
Then it would just be abused with hearts and all that shit because we can't have nice things. Better to have it uniform.
that just means they want to be anonymous.
boat

theowest wrote:

that just means they want to be anonymous.
You could just as well remain anonymous by not blasting it with whatever gibberish.

Perhaps make these

drop down boxes with a few more options to them, but limiting you to one of each. Isn't hard to implement.

As for what sakuraderp said, are you aware of that steam is more then a third party game retailer? It has a massive and also active community to it. I don't think there are more then a tiny handful of people who I write with who don't use it.

Support for steam, skype, xfire, but perhaps also google+, xbl, psn, lastFM, youtube, twitter, dA e.t.c

Its really not that big of a hassle to implement as you either copy paste a link or add your username somewhere in the url, as for instance with last FM it being
http://www.lastfm.se/user/>username here<

SPOILER
or steam

http://steamcommunity.com/id/>ID here<

psn

http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=>username<

xbl

http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/>username<

dA

http://username.deviantart.com/

twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/username
and so on
The ones who you don't type in will simply not be listed on your profile, just how it is as we speak.
Kurokami
Support. The space is more than enough there after all and its annoying to see the links in my signature.
Stefan
Bump, I support this feature. Anyway..

[BlinK]
Support

Maybe about Steam, we could look at the "Steam Greenlight". That could work!
Suimya
yeah i think this is helpful~ support as well~
ann_old

boat wrote:

drop down boxes with a few more options to them, but limiting you to one of each. Isn't hard to implement.
support for that
PROGUY

[BlinK] wrote:

My thoughts as well, but it needs peppy's approval first. Even so, the majority of the Steam community must support it. Let's just leave that choice to peppy for now.
theowest

PROGUY wrote:

[BlinK] wrote:

My thoughts as well, but it needs peppy's approval first. Even so, the majority of the Steam community must support it. Let's just leave that choice to peppy for now.
weed need an official osu! trailer.
Sakura
inb4 osu! on steam store
Azure_Kite
peppy has already said he's not interested in osu! being on Steam. Why can't you just add a non steam game, and get over it? What features could steam bring to the table? how would osu! being available on Steam change anything except seeing a little link in the store and your library (which can already be added).
theowest
a shitload of non-asian users.
Azure_Kite
I think anybody that's mildly interested in music games will already know about this game. While I could see people new to the genre getting interested I'd say that'd still be a rather small amount of people.
theowest
osu! is free if you chose not to support it. That's very inviting.
I bet at least 500,000 new players will be introduced to osu! if it opens up to Steam, if not more.

hey, this isn't what this thread is about.
Kurokami

theowest wrote:

I bet at least 500,000 new players will be introduced to osu! if it opens up to Steam, if not more.
I'm sure most of them will leave.

hey, this isn't what this thread is about.
Yep, that's it.
Alpha Kitten
PhiLL A
plus one.
420Guy
Promote this!
Skype in profile is a good idea.
MillhioreF

peppy wrote:

The other contact fields will likely change at some point when i get around to revising that section of profile editing.
p/1990599

There might be hope for this after all!
deadbeat
bump. msn is moving into skype or something like that, so i think a skype field would be more useful that msn soon
Winshley

deadbeat wrote:

bump. msn is moving into skype or something like that, so i think a skype field would be more useful that msn soon
For countries other than China, that is.

I was about to post Skype integration, good thing I found this thread first.
Star. Even if this is a 2009 topic and was not took in consideration for 3 years.
Stefan
I think we can let out XFire. Or is this still active? About Steam and Skype, we urgently need this.

(Just a question by side, does anyone use Desura?)
Espionage724
I would vote for Evolve, Steam, possibly Raptr, and LIVE (I believe it'll cover Skype, if it doesn't already)
Stefan

Espionage724 wrote:

I would vote for Evolve, Steam, possibly Raptr, and LIVE (I believe it'll cover Skype, if it doesn't already)
I have no clue what are the other things except Steam. :? I guess Evolve is something like XFire?
Espionage724

Stefan wrote:

Espionage724 wrote:

I have no clue what are the other things except Steam. :? I guess Evolve is something like XFire?
Yep, only way better :)

https://www.evolvehq.com/
Bloodyback
Yup, I think that skype usernames should be added on our profiles.
- m i r a i
Really a very good Idea!
Mh, maybe you can also add tinychat or tumblr ?
Stefan
tumblr would be worth.
show more