forum

Mozaik Role - Soraru

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
kuyukiP
I have been bugging james, and he said he would.
Ill bug some bats today.
Kyonko Hizara
:)
DJPoppy
grrrrrrrrreat song ^^

a star 4 u
sinlover
ziin
Come back kuyukiP! Get it ranked, then quit osu. Since your map is a year old, I think you could probably convince a pair of bats in modhelp to dual mod it and rank it (like garven and james), but you have to be here to fix their mods :(
Garven
Wait what did she quit?
ziin
she hasn't done anything with this map for a while, I'm assuming she's taking a break and logging on occasionally (less than 100 plays in may, june and july total).
Suimya
*stared* x3
Topic Starter
kuyukiP
oh no, I didn't quit! At least I didn't mean to lol. I've actually messaged quite a few bats, and james again. Sorry for being inactive :(
ziin
Okay since this was bumped...

[skin]
spinner-background still looks weird, so I fixed it to my liking.
spinner-circle has a wobbly circle
So I fixed both:
http://puu.sh/4FEA
http://puu.sh/4FEB

[general]
Color 2 (192,192,192) blends in with all completely white backgrounds. That's due to the osu fade, which fades everything 25% (down to 192,192,192 for white stuff). So use 160,160,160.
Since you're skinning hitcircles, you should force the slider border too: Add "Sliderborder: 255,255,255" under [colours] for all .osu files.
Go through and resnap all the kiai sections, make sure they start on long white tick.

[catmull sliders]
After you started this map, we sort of gave up on catmull sliders. If you want to fix them, it would make some of the sliders look better. If you need help doing so (or want me to try to fix them for you) PM me and I'll do my best.

[darcsol's Imitation]
01:06:425 (2,3,4,5) - this was weird. Could you make (2) a circle, move (3) - (5) back 1/2 beat, and add a circle where the end of (5) used to be?
01:22:976 (2) - spacing seems weird, get it right up next to the slider
02:37:045 (3,4,5) - uneven spacing, looks bad

[lovhin]
00:25:459 (4) - move on top of other stack and space it properly?
02:58:976 (3) - move right a little bit.

[lanttu]
Consider removing the storyboard hitcircle or colorizing it down to 213,213,213, so it matches the new combo color.

I'll try to get some folks to look at it. It's certainly rankable right now, at least after you change the color.
lovhin456
remapped remapped remapped remapped remapped remapped
just a little >w<
Download: Soraru - Mozaik Role (kuyukiP) [lovhin's Mirrored Self].osu
I was so bad back then ._.
Darcsol
[darcsol's Imitation]
01:06:425 (2,3,4,5) - this was weird. Could you make (2) a circle, move (3) - (5) back 1/2 beat, and add a circle where the end of (5) used to be? Fixed.
01:22:976 (2) - spacing seems weird, get it right up next to the slider Fixed.
02:37:045 (3,4,5) - uneven spacing, looks bad Tried my best to make it appealing.
Oh dear... should I remap mine as well? :o

EDIT: @kuyukiP: You should add the "2" for "VOCALOID 2" in Tags.

Download: Soraru - Mozaik Role (kuyukiP) [Darcsol's Imitation].osu
ziin
I was afraid this was going to happen, but as I said earlier, the maps are fine. Certainly you could map them better now, but that's sort of like a waste of all those mods.
Topic Starter
kuyukiP

ziin wrote:

I was afraid this was going to happen, but as I said earlier, the maps are fine. Certainly you could map them better now, but that's sort of like a waste of all those mods.
I gotta agree with this. I've always wanted to remap this map (my two are the worst ;n;), but there's 25 pages of work here.
Garven
Well, ultimately it's up to you over the fate of the set. In my view, creating the best set in your own eyes will be the best outcome so that you will have created something that -you- are proud of. I think you can put a little more effort into this and create a higher quality product for the amount of time that has been sunk into this set for the entire community. Considering how long the set has been sitting already, it can afford to be in WIP a little longer while some renovations are done.

Just my thoughts, anyway~

Edit:

Oh yeah, since I'm here, may as well set the new icon...
Topic Starter
kuyukiP
As much as you guys probably won't approve of what I'm going to say, I'm going to have to say that I want to keep it as it is. I fully know that renovations can be done, but I feel like so much work has already gone into this. It's an old map, and yeah, it doesn't meet today's standards, but I feel like to truly fix it up the way I want, I'd have to delete the whole map and do it over again. Maybe it's because I'm lazy, don't want to do the work, whatever, but I feel like this map has had enough done to it. It's not because I just want to get this over with and rank it already, it's because I feel like if I changed it, it wouldn't even be the same map anymore. Well, of course it wouldn't, but you get what I mean.
Lanttu
I.. I'd like to have my diff removed before this gets bubbled again, if that's possible. ;_; It's over a year old now, and even though it may be "ok", I will feel quite bad if it happens to get ranked like the way it is now. Aaaand I really have no energy left to remap this atm.
TheVileOne
I have to say that there are serious spacing issues in Glasses. ._.

And lovhin's mirrored self
Topic Starter
kuyukiP
It's been two years.
After a long break, I think I'd like to try this again.
Garven
Welcome back. I believe Lanttu expressed wishes for her difficulty to be removed earlier on, in case you intend on pushing this forward again.
Topic Starter
kuyukiP
Thank you. Yes, I see that now, I'll remove it as soon as I can.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.