forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Soulclenz
Why do people pull out the "1v1 me" card when DoTA isn't a 1v1 game? All Gabi would need to do is pick BS or something if he wanted to face off against your QoP purely 1on1, she isn't some sort of free win hero dude.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Kinda late, but for anyone who's playing Dota 1 still randomly (like me) 1.5 Dota transform

http://www.lancraftwc3.com/2012/08/dota ... -pack.html
Magicphoenix
Get a Sven/Naga Siren. Gang QoP. Profit, she got basically 0 HP and with those 2 heroes she dies in less than a sec :) (Gabi's experience *giggle*)

I also never had any problems raping a QoP mid with heroes like Invoker, Storm (<- need lv6 or retarded QoP to kill her tho)or any other mid-able hero. Otherwise just organize some gangs/wards and she'll be unable to do anything. This works for all the other 89 heroes in DOTA 2 as well, it's the most basic strategy to shut heroes down and it's no problem for QoP as well.
Cyclone
ok more seriously this time, i'm going to shut this thread down if you guys can't be nice. Looking at you gabi and mikey.
Gabi
Pfft, can't disjoint storm bolt, and ensare OP.

Also yeah i'll take you on 1v1 mid anyday, should be easy enough.
Pizzicato
Night stalker is the best hero against QoP. Haven't you guys realized that yet?
(Just rune control mid and you'll be fine)
or you may wanna go OD/bloodseeker
Magicphoenix
I think neither BS nor OD can lane against QoP, I speak from experience. I get Shadow Strike maxed, spam it and the lane is as good as won, you got a higher attack range than OD and even if he increases the dmg-gap through banish, you still have the minus-movement speed which copes very well with your higher AR.
Against bloodseeker the same, Shadow Strike him and hit him if he wants to last hit. You might need to denie him some creeps which shouldn't be that big of a problem, he can't regen up his HP against SS- & autohit-dmg...
Overall she's just a very strong hero but there's many who can also win against her, it all depends on the player (And that again says that winning with OD/BS is nothing near impossible against QoP, it's just that there's natural advantage sometimes). I only remember losing against a QoP 2-3 times and if you say that my enemies were all just bad players then that contradicts with the fact that "she's an op hero and every bloody noob can win the lane/own with her"
Pizzicato
it's all about rune controlling qop on mid man
Gabi
If you're playing against a QoP you want to make sure to control the lane closer towards your side of the hill so you can uphill fog her to avoid her from getting to close to shadow strike you. Shadow strike has a 400 casting range, which means you have to get relatively close to the opponent before you can cast it.

If you're playing OD, with good enough reflexes you can banish yourself if she tries to SS you, however as OD you will want to focus on just farming rather than rune control etc.

If you're playing BS (or any other melee hero against her for that matter) you often HAVE to have your creep wave closer towards your hill or you won't be able to farm. You can easily catch some farm by spamming auto attack on the opponent QoP to draw the creepwave towards you, and get some easy last hits in. Eventually the creepwave will push towards her uphill, at this point you won't really be able to farm, so you just stay in XP range, and if the rune is about to spawn, go for it to deny the rune from her. If she goes for the rune aswell, chances are you won't get it, so just stay in lane and farm the creeps and pull back after getting in some last hits.

TA/WR/Storm/Shadow shaman etc. There are so many heroes that can easily take her on in mid, as long as you zone her properly and keep control of the creepwave.

That said, whenever i play QoP i almost never lose mid lane with her, then again i usually never lose mid ^^

Edit; rofl

Pizzicato
Fabi
Blue background es best background.
Magicphoenix
This guy is so good

Magicphoenix
Group A:

Absolute Legends
Counter Logic Gaming
DK
Evil Geniuses
LGD
Moscow Five
MUFC
Zenith

Group B:

compLexity
Darer
EHOME
iG
mTw
NaVi
Orange
TongFu

goodbye Darer-mTw(or coL replacing either of them), aL-M5, just hope crapsports won't participate as a back-up team
Gabi
My predictions

From Group A, Zenith/LGD/EG/CLG will go to winners bracket

Zenith/LGD/CLG for sure, these teams have been playing extremely well recently. AL/M5 are unreliable, EG however have been doing good lately so i believe they will advance. DK have such a strong team but they are inconsistent so i'm not sure about them.

From Group B, Navi, iG, mTw, Col will go to winners bracket.

Although Group B is a crazy group, so many good teams so it's hard to call, but i doubt TongFu or Darer will come out on top. Orange are playing decent, and i haven't really heard or watched anything from EHOME. Col are pretty predictable in their picks, but somehow they execute it really well anyway. Navi are Navi, even if they have been having trouble at their bootcamp they will most likely pull through, mTw should be really confident aswell.

Really excited for the strats Navi and Zenith are going to do ^^
OmNii_old
Na`Vi, EHOME, Zenith, M5. Top4.
Ez for Na`Vi anyway.
yeahyeahyeahhh
TECHIES and SKYWRATH concept art

TECHIES

SKYWRATH MAGE

Gabi
LMFAO BAMBOE

Singsing

Bamboe
OmNii_old
Sing at IT2, 1437 and KuroKy. Game too hard, quit doto.

Bamboe dual pistols. Yeah buddy, keep feeding.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Possible hero release order (5:37)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQzMDcxODQ0.html

Slark Model

Meepo Confirmed

Tshemmp
TI starts today with WE vs mouz in Bo5 to replace MUFC!

It is watchable via DotaTV!

OMFG!!
StarStream

Tshemmp wrote:

TI starts today with WE vs mouz in Bo5 to replace MUFC!

It is watchable via DotaTV!

OMFG!!
2 hours from now! Waiting excitedly ...
Tshemmp
mouz are in! They took WE 3-0.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Got my coL penant ready to go :)

4 more days til Seattle omfggg yesss
Magicphoenix
:( MUFC > crapsports
yeahyeahyeahhh
MUFC Story. I guess the smoking thing was a retarded rumor?

MUFC: "For the rumors out there, we would like to explain to all who are commenting and asking about it.
Firstly, about the visa issue. The team were unable to transit to Vancouver because they do not have a transit visa. The starting point of this issue was because we encountered some technical problem for our previous tickets. Thus we purchased new tickets with new routes for all of them. However, our team has been arranged to depart to Seattle via New York. The problem has fixed.
Second issue, rumors about Sharky. He lost his passport in Hong Kong and that's why he is going to be late for the tournament. Our management team is working with valve to do our best to send him to Seattle. However, the situation is still unforeseen.
We will update on Facebook about how the situation is progressing. Sorry for the troubles and we hope that the rumors could be ended."
"We are not allowed to use stand-in to play for the group stage matches/entire tournament. Sharky will not be available to make it until Monday or Tuesday. There is no alternative for us to play besides getting a stand-in. We would like to apologize to all of our sponsors, fans and friends that support is all the time.
We are very down. Sorry."
Sharky: "I would like to say sorry to my teammates, sponsors and also my fans who are always supporting me.
Because of my careless causes my teammates have to give up the opportunity to compete with the international teams on LAN. And the trainings and efforts that we had putted in are wasted. As a captain, I feel really regret and guilty to all of them but I really hope that they can forgive me and stand with me always.
I saw a lot of comments, from the fans that care about my situation. I am currently in Hong Kong and waiting for everything to be settled on Monday. Thanks for your caring.
I am really sorry for what was happened. I know I am responsible for it, all my fans, teammates and sponsors that worked for me all the time when the issue has happened.
Thanks for everything.
Sincerely,
Raymond "Sharky" Wong
Captain of MUFC DotA"
source: https://www.facebook.com/MUFCdota
foulcoon

OmNii wrote:

Na`Vi, EHOME, Zenith, M5. Top4.
Ez for Na`Vi anyway.
i think zenith will probably be the only one you named in top 4

NaVi just got raped by iG btw, game was depressing lol.

I'd say top 3 might just be iG, Zenith, DK
Remco32
All my monies on Mouz
Gabi
Shocking first day lol, chinese domination. The only non-chinese team that did well was CLG, and sure as hell they did extremely well (woo sweden).

Props to EHOME for pulling off one of my favorite strats, the wisp+tiny combo.

Zenith.... oh god that was just terrible.

Ah well, this was day 1, today the teams will be facing who they didn't face yesterday, lets see if Zenith can make a nice comeback, and lets see if CLG can beat the chinese teams and keep a 100% win ratio ^^
Remco32
You might wanna spoiler the results.
Mouse really let down yesterday
foulcoon
iG vs LGD grand final, calling it early SUP
Remco32
WTS Mouse pennant
xsrsbsns
damn, fight for group B's winners bracket gon be tight

lol @ CLG and Zenith swapping win rates on day 2

orange :(
yeahyeahyeahhh
coL #1 USA :D
Crestallia
EG vs CLG is going to be fun tonight
Icyteru
CLG was 6-0 last time i checked, now 6-8. wtf?
Crestallia
Winner's Bracket

http://www.joindota.com/en/coverages/2395-the-international-2012#14_groupsgrid

The interesting thing is that the first position in each group gets to choose who to play in the playoffs between the tied 3rd/4th positions of the other group (EG tied with Zenith in A, Na`Vi with Orange in B)
Pizzicato
anyone has spare keys? my friend suddenly wanted one xD
xsrsbsns
Mourn for Orange :(
Could have been the first team to take a game off LGD, but those bkbs..
Magicphoenix
Will any team ever respect ban TA from Ferrari? lol
xsrsbsns
Turns out iG isn't that untouchable after all, EG played surprisingly well game 2, at least better than I expected. But lol'd when Fear threw game 3 and got owned by a fully farmed luna in the end.

It's not a terrible result for NA/EU (seeing as everyone overrates china teams and thought iG would win 2-0), I guess Na`Vi will get a confidence boost for their match against DK.

Edit: oh god luna again, why does china like her so much

Edit2: wtf, DK played like shit it really seemed deliberate
show more