forum

MegaTen discussion (formerly Persona 4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45
All my online games of Naoto have ended in failure. So I've decided to spend some time in training with her. I really like her fate counter system and it's great if I can manage to get the enemy to zero, because I have a pretty sure fire way of getting Mudoon off.

EDIT: Techno Remix of Aria of the Soul is badass.
Cyclone
Got this for ps3. Been fun so far.

Fucking arksys though, I can't do these combos
xerxes_oli

DavisWTG wrote:

http://megaten4.jp/

Now doesn't this look awesome? I just came across this site a few hours ago. Hopefully, they'll update that page soon.
AHH it's coming out on 3DS, AMAZING!
HakuNoKaemi
A little Teaser of Persona 3 the Movie has been released
Ekaru

Cyclone wrote:

Got this for ps3. Been fun so far.

Fucking arksys though, I can't do these combos
Oh, oh, I can do the auto combo! Does that count?
HakuNoKaemi
Auto-combo have lowered damage

and in Blaz Blue with my characters I was better without the Beginner Mode that with, even by just knowing some short combos and failing to do Distortions
rust45
I don't really mind the autocombos much (I first loathed the idea, but it's not so bad now) but I think Yu's autocombo was way too much damage for being an autocombo. Everytime one manages to hit me with it, I seem to lose close to a fourth of my health.
Cyclone
Every time Elizabeth does her 60+ hit combo against me in story mode I just start busting out laughing, since nobody else usually gets much in on me.

Also holy shit this story mode.
Mafiamaster
What? Cyclone has a PS3 and P4A?

What's your PSN? We could play together sometime!
Cyclone
Uh, when I get home I'll see exactly how I made my psn. I think it's white-zephyr, including the hyphen, but I'll let you know for sure tonight.
Ivalset

Cyclone wrote:

Uh, when I get home I'll see exactly how I made my psn. I think it's white-zephyr, including the hyphen, but I'll let you know for sure tonight.
I'm laughing so hard right now.
awp
you won't be laughing when he makes you swim in your own blood
Cyclone
Yeah that's my PSN. Also, glad I can make you laugh Ival.
Ekaru
Played through Labrys's story earlier. It's very sad.
rust45

Ekaru wrote:

Played through Labrys's story earlier. It's very sad.
Tell me about it. I think the worst part was when she got the voice file of her mother.
Cyclone
Mafia, we should play tonight. Also if anybody else wants in and has psn. I need to fail as labrys more.
Mafiamaster
Sure, just shoot me a message on the PSN whenever you want.
Ekaru

Cyclone wrote:

Mafia, we should play tonight. Also if anybody else wants in and has psn. I need to fail as labrys more.
I guarantee you that I fail as Chie more, since I haven't played fighting games much. ;P At least I know a few combos now, though. PSN: PreyingShark
Cyclone
Well thanks to mafia and ival i've figured out some things with labrys. a fun night of p4a to be certain. Ekaru, you should have caught me on IRC to join in. I'll let you know when we're playing again though.
Ivalset
I would complain about my losses, but I literally hate fighting against every single character in this game as Naoto for wildly different reasons. Which is dreadful because I really enjoy playing Naoto.
rust45
What do you hate when fighting other characters? Really the only ones I can't stand as Naoto are Mitsuru (Massive range) and Yukiko (always seem to outzone me) Everyone else I'm fine with going against.
Cyclone
Well, I was playing labrys, and labrys hurts. Take into account naoto only has 8000 health.... Also take into account her long range normal attacks.
Ivalset
Oh, well let's see.

Labrys: Has ridiculous reach on j.b meaning I can't really approach safely, easily outranges my melee normals.
Mitsuru: Same ridiculous reach, just a lot more combo heavy
Aigis: Orgia Mode is disgusting. Thankfully I don't fight many Aigises.
Yukiko: Dia is projectile immune so forced to stay within double fangs range. j. D doesn't even work against Dia. Also, maragi combos and unblockable fire. Traps are of limited use vs zoners.
Narukami: Still 100% free to raging lion and swift strike. Also the whole persona mixup shit is frightening still. Easily maneuvers around gunshot angles.
Elizabeth: Thanatos combos. Magarudyne is projectile immune. Traps aren't much use here either.
Yosuke: EX run and moonsault->crescent slash. Sukukaja is just bad news.
Chie: Rushdown too strong for my trivial defense fundamentals.
Kanji: Probably the least troublesome but takes forever and 2 mistakes is generally enough to lose.
Teddie: I haven't actually fought many teddies, but I know what they're capable of. Stack of tv's, range on baseball bat, item drops, teleporting DP, rage effects, etc
Akihiko: j. C
Shadow Labrys: Can't zone due to persona's guard so forced to rushdown without the life lead. Also has some really nasty setups and still has j. b.

At the end of the day, it's mostly the fault of my poor defense but I don't exactly have a lot of health to afford making mistakes.
Ekaru

Cyclone wrote:

Well thanks to mafia and ival i've figured out some things with labrys. a fun night of p4a to be certain. Ekaru, you should have caught me on IRC to join in. I'll let you know when we're playing again though.
Okay! I guess I'll have an IRC client logged into #videogames at all times, then.

@Ivalset: Your list is pretty accurate for me, even though we play entirely different characters. <_<;
xerxes_oli
OMG OMG Have you seen the preorder gift with persona 4 golden?!?! ITS A SUPER AWESOME SKIN FOR THE VITA!
Drakari_old

xerxes_oli wrote:

OMG OMG Have you seen the preorder gift with persona 4 golden?!?! ITS A SUPER AWESOME SKIN FOR THE VITA!
Seriously? At what stores?
bmin11

Bumping this because Persona 5. See you guys again next year.
Derekku
That's only one of the FOUR game announcements!

Ivalset
P4D is surprisingly hype, PQ is a little disappointing due to artstyle/lack of FeMC but still exciting, Arena update is going to be cool, and P5 is kind of whatever since everyone already knew work was being done on it and we still haven't seen a goddamn thing yet.
Cyclone

Ivalset wrote:

P4D is surprisingly hype, PQ is a little disappointing due to artstyle/lack of FeMC but still exciting, Arena update is going to be cool, and P5 is kind of whatever since everyone already knew work was being done on it and we still haven't seen a goddamn thing yet.
I for one am very hype about PQ, due to it being done by the Etrian Odyssey team. (that's where the artstyle comes from)
Derekku

Cyclone wrote:

being done by the Etrian Odyssey team.
ooooooh

I'm also super hyped about PQ (especially since it'll be on the 3DS)
Azure_Kite
Yeah, PQ is just the thing to look forward to after my first playthrough of 4/Golden. I'm late to the party, but yeah. I always am.
Norbi
Persona 5 is hype. I guess it's time to get myself a PS3...
Remco32
What's P4D? Didn't read anything about that.
NoHitter

Remco32 wrote:

Project Diva with Persona songs
Ivalset
Mogsy
P4D is ridiculous. I both want to destroy and want to own it.

Despite the lack of actual info on 5, though, that trailer has got me hyped. Pretty eerie.
Remco32

NoHitter wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

Project Diva with Persona songs
I really really like Meguro's music, but I'm not sure if I could stomach such a game.
bmin11
P4Ds story is part of the main story like P4A, so that by itself means something.

Gah, I really need to get my 3DS.
awp

bmin11 wrote:

P4Ds story is part of the main story like P4A, so that by itself means something.

Gah, I really need to get my 3DS.
P4A tied into the Persona 4 story?

Aw, dammit
show more