forum

Live Streams listing

posted
Total Posts
show more
sCam
hey can u guys see my stream? i dont see it listed in the osu directory on this site.

http://www.twitch.tv/dunku3k
saymun
I'm actually interested in streaming but I haven't read much about it. Is there any recommended upload speed?...Because Australian net sucks and gives us the absolute worst speeds ever
Sakura

sCam wrote:

hey can u guys see my stream? i dont see it listed in the osu directory on this site.

It is listed.

saymun wrote:

I'm actually interested in streaming but I haven't read much about it. Is there any recommended upload speed?...Because Australian net sucks and gives us the absolute worst speeds ever
For good quality i'd say 500 kbps or higher, recommended 1 mbps.
Topic Starter
peppy
500kbit is more than enough (especially if you have the CPU to use VP6 in FME) unless you are trying to push 60fps at high resolutions. Stick to 30fps and you should be fine. I can stream near-lossless 1920x1080 with 500kbit video 128kbit audio with an upwards sync of ~1000kbit (aussie net).
sCam

Sakura wrote:

sCam wrote:

It is listed.
yes! this is awesome, great idea peppy! love this friggin game xD
Sushi
I might do a mapping stream when I get back to it... Probably...
Daru
Is this limited to solely osu! gameplay/mapping?

If possible, I'd like to be listed if I stream some osu! fanart drawing as well.
Topic Starter
peppy

peppy wrote:

Feel free to share yourself playing osu!, editing maps and anything else vaguely related to the osu! ecosystem. Personally I stick to screen-casting coding new features and fixing bugs, so keep a watch out for that too!
Shirotaku
I can't wait till my finals are done and I'll live stream everyday XDD
Komeiji Yuki
Awesome

I have streamed for several monthes :P"
Mara
What about multigame streams? Are those allowed?
Uan
My ID is "Uan"
How can i do for it @__@?
twitch should have a ID over 4 characters ~__~
thelewa

Uan wrote:

My ID is "Uan"
osuUan ?
yeahyeahyeahhh
What if we don't only play osu! :3
friendok53

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

silly question

THEN YOU GET BANNED
OnosakiHito
Live stream taiko mapping was kind of interesting for me today.
Just a pitty that 14 people where online when the options where still not set. lol

Edit: By the way, thank you for guide Sakura.
Stefan
Ye, thanks to Sakura for the guide.
I got one viewer.. but it was cool. :D
I already love it. :)
Aurele
;Have to read the tutorial;
justin-chan
what are streams? pls tell me.... 0.0
YERTI
too bad livestreaming cant prove you are not a cheater.. ppl still think you use double monitor or something like that when you play with FL
Topic Starter
peppy
Do you really have to go around presuming people are cheating? That sounds about as bad as having clinical depression.
friendok53

peppy wrote:

Do you really have to go around presuming people are cheating? That sounds about as bad as having clinical depression.
well most of osu/world do suffer from depression : x
it's very common
YERTI
no im not having depression :D im just saying i tried to make a proof vid of my FL play but ppl told me i use double monitor which is kinda stupid :D
edit: this is good idea in my opinion, i forgot to say that :(
Topic Starter
peppy
Well you did previously cheat on a multi, so it's safe to say you are a cheater as well?

Please stay on topic.
YERTI

peppy wrote:

Well you did previously cheat on a multi, so it's safe to say you are a cheater as well?

Please stay on topic.
yeah but ive promised i wont cheat ever again :) sorry for off-topic ^^
birra

Uan wrote:

My ID is "Uan"

....i just realized this mimigosh
hinaskye
Thanks very much for the wiki Sakura :)
Sumaki
Nice idea! I been streaming osu! for a long time, and its nice to see this here.

http://www.justin.tv/inoodle my stream :3
Nekoroll
Seems like someone atm forgot to change that they weren't playing osu! anymore since they're playing League of Legends now. What do we do to remedy people who forget to take off the "osu!" tag from their dashboard? How I see it, there's not much we can do with how the system is set up now.
Topic Starter
peppy
I guess one person playing LoL is better than zero playing nothing, at the end of the day :P.
Nekoroll

peppy wrote:

I guess one person playing LoL is better than zero playing nothing, at the end of the day :P.
Hahah, I suppose so. >_>
Bernkaztl
wow
Thatgooey
I've been streaming for several months now, and even though I'm not the absolute best, I'm still pretty decent. Usually stream like an hour a day or so at least. Cool to see this getting some love and recognition, so thanks for making a section for it. Stop by and say hi ^^b
Ca Calne
awesome Update!!
Sup A Noob

friendok53 wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

silly question

THEN YOU GET BANNED
Oh man.

Either Twitch's interface update, or the way it works, made my "Not Playing" set itself back to "Playing: Osu!". That one time when I streamed myself karaoke-ing to my friends there was an elusive extra viewer.

I fucking hope no one saw that.
miss_master_old

Nekoroll wrote:

peppy wrote:

Hahah, I suppose so. >_>
lol LOL
Icyteru
Do people like seeing players fail horribly? If so, then I might start streaming again
Topic Starter
peppy
Make your failing interesting and people are bound to watch :p.
OnosakiHito
^^@: Microphone + rage modus = many viewers.
;)
Mara
Should I start streaming my shouting (really loud) + playing?
silmarilen
yes!
Icyteru
Well, I'm probably the most unenthusiastic streamer you can find. gg
Sonez_old
http://www.twitch.tv/sonez

well i got the quality decent, hopefully it stays lag free
Topic Starter
peppy
The idea of having a streams page is that you don't need to advertise your stream in here :p.
Icyteru
I'm trying to stream my osu!droid, but the best i can get it to is 100frames per minute. Lol...
Hinanawi-sama
do note xfire now streams to twitch.tv when broadcasted thru xfire, allowing 2 sources
if u dont have a twitch.tv account but u have xfire, link ur xfire to twitch.tv and use xfire
lSolar_old
Nice, dsadadasd. :3
Max
yay this is cool :D i have been live-streaming osu for a year now so everyone feel free to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/ossadtchii

Got xsplit pro so sound is good and conn is decent so quality is nice too with 60fps!

/stopAdvert :P
Icyteru
>CPU goes to 99C everytime I stream now.

Oops.
kingking9
I have a sneaking suspicion that people might want to see me playing in my natural habitat... But my split-level desk and my dodgy (800x600) webcam makes live streaming difficult. I might have to go get a better camera, or borrow one... Anyone got one spare?
Ruidoso

ReVeNg3r wrote:

I have no account on twitch
i have no account on any streaming service :(
We have so much in a common :(