forum

Manually set Taiko Drum Roll rate.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +30
Topic Starter
those
With the new rule implemented, there will be an influx of easier Taiko difficulties. It is only natural for easier Taiko difficulties to have slower drum rolls (sliders and their ticks), and being able to manually set this would greatly benefit the Taiko mapping community.
boat
Yes.
Sakura
Yeah, i heard earlier in #taiko that the only way to achieve this is changing the BPM, so i'd think it'd be better for it to be adjustable by slider tick rate, support!
Ekaru
Okay, yeah, yes please. At higher BPMs this can become a problem for easier diffs.
[Luanny]
Please!
Support.
XK2238
Yay no more 1/8s in <125 BPMS \o/
Wholeheartedly supporting this
Saturnalize
Yeah...
Perfect.
bwross
Definitely... more control for how Taiko maps work would be a good thing.
darkmiz
yes, support this feature
MMzz
Yes please.

This is a great idea, because slower songs always tend to have those silly 1/6 slider ticks. And playing them is a pain (And I usually DT these maps so it's worse.) But this will also server a great benefit to newer players as well. They way I'm thinking right now steady 1/2 slider ticks or 1/4 depending on BPM would be a good start for the easier maps. That leaves Oni to go into 1/4 and maybe 1/6.(Also depending on the bpm) Of course 1/3 would apply to such songs.
Cyclohexane
Full support on that one.

I was disappointed to see when I mapped ICARUS that drum rolls and spinners switched to 1/2 above 250bpm, kinda breaking the purpose of the accelerated BPM in this song. I think this will work wonders.