forum

Question about the effects of doubletime mod

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chonicle
dt brings the song 1.5x time faster.
AR(approach circle speed) doesn't change in this process but because the timeline is 1.5x shorter, it appears that AR goes higher.
OD(overall difficulty) also doesn't change, is the 300 window narrower because of the fact that timeline is 1.5x shorter?
Luna
Yes, the hitwindow shrinks as well
Frizz
Hence why I keep getting A's whenever I DT FC a map :(
Wishy
AR increases. OD increases. Not technically, but it does. that's why DTing high OD maps is so hard, and why AR 9 maps + DT are practically unplayable for almost everyone. You can make AR/OD go over the technical maximum by using DT.
Tom69_old

Wishy22 wrote:

AR increases. OD increases. Not technically, but it does. that's why DTing high OD maps is so hard, and why AR 9 maps + DT are practically unplayable for almost everyone. You can make AR/OD go over the technical maximum by using DT.
Nope. OD caps at 10 (or at least at a value near that). I heard, that when DT was introduced it wasn't like that, but added afterwards since several maps became ridiculously hard. Wasn't playing at that points though, so I might talk bullshit. :p
thelewa
DT doesn't change the OD, but it shrinks the hit window to get 300. That's pretty much all I know
Wishy

Tom94 wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Nope. OD caps at 10 (or at least at a value near that). I heard, that when DT was introduced it wasn't like that, but added afterwards since several maps became ridiculously hard. Wasn't playing at that points though, so I might talk bullshit. :p
If you play an OD 10 map, and add DT, since the 300 window shrinks a little, you're basically playing some OD higher than 10 I guess.

Same with AR, you don't actually increase it, but...
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
chonicle you should see gaomao's post