forum

osu! Catch the Beat Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ryohan
Hah... I will not participate in tournament but I will give you some propositions about hard or insane maps Bagno :P ofcourse later xD
Myou_old

Ryohan wrote:

Hah... I will not participate in tournament but I will give you some propositions about hard or insane maps Bagno :P ofcourse later xD

Hyh give it him xD
I want play xD
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
HimboBangings
:D nom nom nom
Lilac
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Dean
They'd be close to full, it's been a while since the site's been updated, but you can still apply and hope they haven't got 64 players yet.

Also, yay another Aussie CtB player.
DerekMcD
I signed up
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Yeah.
And also there will be Catch the Beat Portal (call it a fansite if you really want to) @ http://catchthebeat.org.pl instead of tourney. Tourney website will be available here:
http://tournament.catchthebeat.org.pl

:)
aallie_old
I'm kinda glad I didn't miss the tournament. :D
Lilac
Mianki
I have to withdraw from the tournament, since my army starts on July 13 :(
Too bad there won't be anybody representing Finland 'cause I'm the only Finnish CTB player
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Here's "beta" of new tourney website. Old one looks quite ugly so i redesigned it. :X
http://tournament.catchthebeat.org.pl/b/
Myou_old

BagnoGamer wrote:

Here's "beta" of new tourney website. Old one looks quite ugly so i redesigned it. :X
http://tournament.catchthebeat.org.pl/b/

Hium...This site is pink @.@ wow xD but...i don't see me and my friends on players list and we was signed up.
Royhan when you give Bagno this fabulous maps as you promise ? xD
DeathxShinigami

Myou wrote:

Hum...This site is pink @.@ wow xD But...i don't see me and my friends on players list and we was signed up. Ryohan when you give Bagno this fabulous maps as you promise ? xD
Fix'd...patience everything takes times at somepoint stop giving bagno such a hard time. :P
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Myou_old
PS. My birthdays are coming.
My too xD
Topic Starter
bagnz0r

Myou wrote:

PS. My birthdays are coming.
My too xD
Mine are coming tomorrow, on 14th July. I expect some kind of party on osu. :>
HimboBangings
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAGNO !!!!!! :D :D :D :) :) :)
Dean
Yeah Bagno, happy birthday and thanks for making the pretty cool websites/organizing the tournament (when it actually starts).
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Thanks guys. ^^
Myou_old
Too late but happy birthday Bagno ;]

P.S. I was born at 14th too xD
Dean
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Myou_old

BagnoGamer wrote:

Anyway, after that i'm leaving osu and probably i'll not come back. Who knows.
I just felt like someone from GMC*** thingy, that i was when i was 13.
Bagno don't leave.

"GMC***" ??
peppy

BagnoGamer wrote:

Agreed.
I have to download all avatars, as well as signatures and host them on CtB Portal server.
Anyway, after that i'm leaving osu and probably i'll not come back. Who knows.
I just felt like someone from GMC*** thingy, that i was when i was 13.
Or you could change your page logic so it doesn't load all 1mb+ of images at once and I might give you access.
Lilac
Access to what?

Anyway, let's just hope to Tournament pulls through.
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Dean
peppy
I'd rather account creation was not a requirement, personally. Is there any reason this is necessary?
Dean
I'll post news here as well then. Tournament will be some time in the next month (unspecified), pending we finalise beatmaps and gather enough spectators.
Sorry for the tournament taking more time than initially planned.
Topic Starter
bagnz0r

peppy wrote:

I'd rather account creation was not a requirement, personally. Is there any reason this is necessary?
Many reasons.
Anyway, now you can browse without registration...
And thanks for giving us access back. :P

@up: After doing these things we'll have to divide people into timezone groups.
RemmyX25

BagnoGamer wrote:

peppy wrote:

Many reasons.
Such as?
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Dean

MooNiZZ wrote:

nah i'm just saying that i'm not going to be in a spinner tournament, since that only determines who played the map most and got the best line through the spinners.

I got tons of really hard maps, which we could use.
But since most people in the insane part isn't REALLY REALLY GOOD, they'll fail those songs.
tori no uta + HR <--- that's a good one
i finally beat that for the first time a couple weeks ago
i'm so far behind everyone else...

anyway, tournament was delayed (again, probably because of lazy people like me)
new information for anyone who actually checks this thread and is still interested in participating:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Hello everyone, DxS here.

Before I get started with the rules and such I'd like to finnally say that we have now a confirmed score and gameplay system. Woo!
Other things we still need to do is group people by continent (No timezones) And get in the remaining users that ethier Bagno or I have missed and set up a Solid date on when to start with the matches.

Below is the Current player and their country that they represent.
If you would like to be added in please just post away in this thread saying I want in or something like that.
BagnoGamer (Poland)
PoxiPol (UK)
Matusiek3 (Germany)
aallie (Brazil)
Fallen (Canada)
Ekaru (US)
Hanyuu (Austria)
Bassmaster (Poland)
ironspawn (France)
lokamp (Italy)
Kaistlin (France)
C0one (Germany)
L-Lawliet (Netherlands)
Nethertribes (US)
ultimateX21xx (US)
Spudman (Canada)
blueblazer991 (US
Carbon (US)
Otium (Sweden)
nintendoto (US)
Riltz (Argentina)
lacey-chama (US)
Ashchaos (Austrailia)
Andzia (Poland)
Bimmz (iceland)
ShadowChaos93 (US)
weezy47 (Canada)
Mianki (Finland)
oyeah1988 (US)
eupho (US)
Aeon (Portugal)
couch boy (Austrailia)
derosis (US)
videogamenerd1991 (US)
FluffRat (US)
Ancola (Poland)
sk8terpoke (US)
Chacha17 (Phillipines)
Hyourinmaru (Turkey)
dhumphrey (Austrailia)
Myou (Poland)
LirsRosso (China)
Ice Cream (China)
Rukario485 (Austria)
Vibty99 (Taiwan)
Criticaldex (Spain)
DeathxShinigami (US)
Diokatsu (US)
Edward_Ein (Canada)
Miek (Sweden)

Now here is the score system out of 7 players playing and a moderator.
1st place player gets 10 point for a single match. 2nd gets 8, 3rd gets 6 4th gets 4 5th gets 3 6th gets 2 7th gets 1. Now if you get disconnected or leave in the middle of the match you recieve no points for that match but you still keep your existing points that you have previously. Now if you fail the map that you are playing the points that you will earn for the match will be cut in half. After a certain amount of matches a player will be disqualified if they haven't reach the required score limit for the next round. (Which the score minimum hasn't been decided yet)
How people will be put into groups will be by continents basicly the groups will be Europe and Africa. North and South America and Asia with Austrailia. Each group will have 7 players in it. Groups will be then resorted after a player has been disqualified or dropped out completely which means you have a chance to fight alot of different players!
Bagno and I still haven't decided out yet how the finals will be played but don't worry we'll think of something
thanks DxS
Annime
:O
i WANT TO GET IN >.<
I wanna participate :3

even though i know i suck xD
I represent Peru n.n
deadbeat
count me in for sure
Thou i represent new zealand
Fallen-Creed
Count me in aswell.
I represent New Zealand And unlike deadbeat, I'm actually here. :P
zero_kirby
I'm tempt to join for fun but decided not to
Topic Starter
bagnz0r
Rules will now change. We are all backing up to rule of me not sleeping 3 nights.
You have time to get ready until 5th March 2010 18:00 (GMT -9). (Area 1)
You have time to get ready until 5th March 2010 18:00 (GMT +0). (Area 2)
You have time to get ready until 5th March 2010 18:00 (GMT +9). (Area 3)
Let's all have fun.
show more