forum

Preset Slider Shapes [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
EmeliaK
So this would be totally awesome.

I always find that it's a pain to make wavy sliders, perfect arcs, loops and the like, so a menu with slider presets would be great. You could customize the size, rotation, etc.

This is a list of the presets that could be in there:
Wave - Define how "curvy" the corners are, how many waves there are, the height and spacing of the waves, whether they should be a sine or "sea" wave
Arc - Define how high and wide the arc is, and how long it is.
Loops - Define how large/small the loops are, and how many loops are in the slider
Hold - You can choose between the unrankable hold slider (define length, how long it lasts - warns you it's unrankable) or the repeat hold slider (shape: straight line, circulate around one spot, and how long it lasts).

I'm sure there are many more slider shapes that escape my present knowledge.

So, how does it sound? It may be overused by first-time mappers, but that's what modding is for.
Schivardi
No.
theowest
I don't want to live in a world where you don't have to learn how to make a slider yourself.
Frizz
I don't really see anything wrong with it. What's wrong though?
theowest

Frizz925 wrote:

I don't really see anything wrong with it. What's wrong though?
It'll make sliders for you instead of you having to make the easy sliders yourself, which really takes no time if you know how to make them.
those
!me facepalms should be /me facepalms.

Anyway, just learn to do it yourself.
dkun
is this some kind of joke?

why don't we just have preset patterns, no, why don't we just have preset MAPS instead of this?
those

MKSTAR26 wrote:

It may be overused by first-time mappers, but that's what modding is for.
Oh, one more thing. It will be overused my experienced mappers only.
Low
Shohei Ohtani
You know what would be silly guys

Having preset polygon makers.

Like I don't know how I could map in a world where someone can just input a few numbers into a program and make perfect polygon shapes

That would just be silly
theowest

CDFA wrote:

You know what would be silly guys

Having preset polygon makers.

Like I don't know how I could map in a world where someone can just input a few numbers into a program and make perfect polygon shapes

That would just be silly
it's sad to see what osu! have become.
YodaSnipe

dkun wrote:

is this some kind of joke?

why don't we just have preset patterns, no, why don't we just have preset MAPS instead of this?
this. Although I bet I could totally map a somewhat mediocre map finally if there were presets LOL