Not being mainstream is too mainstream these days /superhipster
cox5
taNa 99.98 :o
fartownik

SunnyMario wrote:

I got a strange beta accuracy ;_;
lol 100%
Ekaru
@SunnyMario: That's what you get for SSing all the time. >:( You've SS'd so much that your 50-something S's have, like, no weight!
Floks

silmarilen wrote:

and floks, its not older maps, its older scores
Are you certain? His info-graphic says that the maps stop giving, which makes it seem like it's the map age, not the score age. Can Peppy clarify?
silmarilen
it says 'age of record'
Ekaru

Floks wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

and floks, its not older maps, its older scores
Are you certain? His info-graphic says that the maps stop giving, which makes it seem like it's the map age, not the score age. Can Peppy clarify?
I can assure you from my own experience these past few days that yes, old maps definitely count. I'm talking from 2009 here, too. A lot of really old maps are extremely easy and have very low contention, though, so be careful of which ones you bother with; naturally, nobody cares if you get into the top 20 on an extremely easy map where there are only two mod scores, and the system probably reflects this.

EDIT: There; 3 minutes worth of editing later I finally worded it right.
those
I'm not beta
Drafura

peppy wrote:

As this directly ties in with pp calculations, you may want to check out the new infographic I made: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/images/d/d6/Perf ... points.png
So why I gain more pp farming new ranked maps than making a #1 on an old insane ?

I've tested on insane maps some days ago (all maps were insanes diff and totally random on CtB) :

One day : I did more than 20 top#20 to top#4 (with HD DT) and gained 0 pp.

Another day : 1 top#1 (HR HD) the map hasn't been FC'd with these mode gained almost 30pp.(http://osu.ppy.sh/b/17251?m=2 Link for the ranking date/contention)

Another day : 2 top#1, the 2 maps were FC'd with those modes I passed the #2 on spinners, gained 1pp. (http://osu.ppy.sh/b/67899?m=2 & http://osu.ppy.sh/b/50809?m=2 Link for the ranking date/contention)

Finally I spend the same time as the other days farming the new ranked maps not even FCing sometimes just to get top#40, gained almost 10pp.

So I think the maps I've played were considered too easy for my "pp level" but, why people above me still gain pp just by FCing random maps with HD, and when I FC with HD DT I don't even get one pp ? This is really frustrating and not motivating me to get #1
Mercurial

Drafura wrote:

peppy wrote:

As this directly ties in with pp calculations, you may want to check out the new infographic I made: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/images/d/d6/Perf ... points.png
So why I gain more pp farming new ranked maps than making a #1 on an old insane ?
Older than 1 year?... yes.
Drafura

iMercurial wrote:

Older than 1 year?... yes.
So basically I did a better performance on playing 1 try not even FCing a random new map than getting a #1 on an old beatmap wich ton of players played it ?

Is this a joke ?
Vmx
I don't get any pp for new ranked maps lol or approved, I though new maps don't even count.
Drafura
I've separated my tests by days to be sure...
darkmiz

peppy wrote:

If you want to see your new accuracy, just make your pp go up a bit :p.
My pp dropped but I still got beta acc
Winshley
I got huge pp jump from 4.7k to 5.1k because of this old map. Notice when the map was ranked.
thelewa
I find looking at the amount of plays of a difficulty a better judge on how much pp you're going to get from it if you #1 it
YodaSnipe
I hate your accuracy lewa go die <3
kaxaru

T_T
Valentiino
It's so mainstream to have a bigger beta accuracy than overall
PROGUY
Hit Accuracy: 98.73% (beta: 98.44%)

0.29% drop is unfair :(

Edit: Will this also decrease over time, like pp?
thelewa
Any form of accuracy decreasing over time would make no sense
Aqo

thelewa wrote:

Any form of accuracy decreasing over time would make no sense
Why not? Imagine you stopped playing osu for two months and then came back, won't you suddenly be less accurate with your hits on maps until you practiced again for a while? When if playing same maps as before, you'd probably be less accurate.
thelewa

Aqo wrote:

Imagine you stopped playing osu for two months and then came back, won't you suddenly be less accurate with your hits on maps until you practiced again for a while?
No, my skills in accuracy will be exactly the same or better. When I was banned for a month my skills in accuracy increased pretty nicely.

Getting good accuracy in standard takes no effort anyway.

edit: wtb an ipad so I could start playing osu!stream, that game actually requires accuracy unlike this game
laport

thelewa wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Imagine you stopped playing osu for two months and then came back, won't you suddenly be less accurate with your hits on maps until you practiced again for a while?
No, my skills in accuracy will be exactly the same or better. When I was banned for a month my skills in accuracy increased pretty nicely.

Getting good accuracy in standard takes no effort anyway.

edit: wtb an ipad so I could start playing osu!stream, that game actually requires accuracy unlike this game
I played one map (furries in a blender) after being away on holiday for a couple weeks, first play fc S 4x100, so I agree with lewa
MYRKUL

...I like it
Wishy
Accuracy is weird, since I stopped playing "seriously" I got better at streaming low BPMs. xd
Sana

fail
Mercurial

Not a big deal, doesn't matter anyway.
Winshley
I didn't play CatchTheBeat for a long time (way before Performance system is implemented), but the pp is rising instead. o_O

Because of this pp increase, I have the Beta Accuracy stats on CatchTheBeat mode alone. :lol:

EDIT: My pp on osu! Standard mode is lowered by 1 due to inactivity, and the beta Accuracy is shown now.
Drafura

Winshley wrote:

but the pp is rising instead.
Ahah you're getting better and better at CtB dude gogo #1
Mercurial
Standard mod:

Totally worth it.
SuzumiyaBR

CDFA wrote:

Me gusta.

MYRKUL wrote:

...I like it
Me gusta e I like it
Hit Accuracy: 75.8% (beta: 93.16%)
Kanye West
So does this take the accuracy average from your top ranks, or something?
Valentiino

Kanye West wrote:

So does this take the accuracy average from your top ranks, or something?
It weights the scores that gain you the most pp
Andrea
Hit Accuracy: 99.66% (beta: 99.76%)

Not that bad, I guess.
kriers
and my acc flew up 1,6% to 99,05% \o/ nvm trying hard to farm acc ever again
Winshley
Hit Accuracy: 100% (beta: 100%)

That's to be expected from SS ranker like me. :lol:
show more