Artist: Michael Jackson
Title: Earth Song
BPM: 69.15
Filesize: 23561kb
Play Time: 06:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Nature (4.17 stars, 508 notes)
Download: Michael Jackson - Earth Song
Download: Michael Jackson - Earth Song (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Very experimental map, not everyone will like it. If you are a BAT and you want to bubble it please move it to pending manually, as because it has 1 difficulty it returns to help every time I update it.
Rokodo
http://up.ppy.sh/files/mj-earthsong_h264.avi

Video: h264 codec
Audio: none

Not much I can do in way of quality, the filesize is big enough as it is.

Enjoy!
mtmcl
Whoa. This is a very unique map for a very unique song. I'm glad someone mapped it. Your map really fits the song.

(might as well star)
eee
eeemod GO!!!

[Nature]
00:47:44 (1) - this might be me, but I don't see anything here, it gives me Xs in play, and it's broken in Edit, like an invisible slider, ya know
06:26:70 (1) - maybe make the end silent or soft?

btw, ending streams look like Jumpin' Jack Flash???

:D hey, yeah, as I said, this map is quite nice
Jarby
00:47:87 (2) - Spacing.
00:56:55 (5) - New combo.
06:26:70 (1) - This is the worst spinner of all time. At least silence it.
fartownik
I love this one. Starr'd.
DJPop
I've no idea about spacings...

00:47:44 (1,2) - looks weird imo
01:12:60 (1,2) - don't make them overlap
02:33:94 (3,1) - spacing
03:40:10 (3,5) - don't make them overlap
03:53:12 (1,2,3) - spacing O_O too intense
03:59:41 (1) - is this sound an error from encoding?
04:02:66 (6,7) - don't make them overlap
04:07:00 (1) - claps sound weird
04:17:41 (1,2,1,2,1) - spacing O_O too intense
04:20:89 (1,2) - spacing
04:50:17 (1,2,3,4) - spacing
05:10:99 (1,1,1) - spacing O_O too intense
05:17:94 (1,1) - spacing O_O too intense
06:26:70 (1) - silence the ending

+Star
Vexed_old
I don't really have much to say here, other than.... THose are some unique sliders :].

Uhh.. also, starting here 05:38:98 (1) - All these streams that fallow are fine. I just really thing they need to be worked on with different hit sounds, or maybe even custom sounds for that matter.

Anything else i would have to say would be zazi so. I mean there is a slider or 2 in a combo that the color is changed on, but i know why you did it.

Have a star.
Nachy
Epic epic stuff, pretty awesome. I can't tell any much problems at all, the final rush maybe can still be spiced up for something better, but really, it's one hell of a beatmap and a great representation of Michael Jackson. ;)

Star'd.
Loginer
It really bothers me how the hit circle at 04:03:32 is inside the previous slider. Move it a bit to the left.
The jump at 04:17:63 - 04:17:85 is ridiculous. Get rid of it.
05:04:05 (1) should be moved farther away from 05:03:40 (3).
Finally, the slider at 06:26:70 is waaay too long. End it at about 06:32:77.

Have a star.
mtmcl

Loginer wrote:

The jump at 04:17:63 - 04:17:85 is ridiculous. Get rid of it.
Oh god. Put it back!
Topic Starter
Mashley
Successfully put back :D
mtmcl
I know this isn't in my queue, but it's sort of my obligation to mod maps from my project.

I loooove this map, ASH. I've played it several times, which is a pretty big deal for such a long map. Have a bubble for APPROVAL

(this is bubble #1. If I recall, approval maps need two bubbles before ranking)
Topic Starter
Mashley
Thanks for bubbling the best map I have ever made :D
Larto
You didn't touch the difficulty settings at all. Come on, at least move the Overall difficulty higher up? :/
04:07:05 (1) - Could you please replace that with something that fits the song more? It sounds super weird.
05:26:88 (1) - I usually don't mind your sliders but this one looks super weird. Pretty, please.
06:26:75 (1) - That quiet finish is really out of place. Make the end totally quiet, that would be better.

EDIT: Way better. Here goes Bubble #1 again.
mtmcl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
I dig the ending. Approvin this
Topic Starter
Mashley
At the moment, the rating is 6.38.
*grabs shotgun*
rate better plz.
ignorethis
i rated 10.

[edit]i rate every map a 10 however it sucks

but imo this one doesn't suck too bad but still need improving
Lesjuh

Agent Spin Here wrote:

rate better plz.
Make better maps plz
Larto
Try to make a better map out of this song, lesjuh. It's not a normal song like your everyday osu! map has it. It's different. Both map and song are not what you see/listen to every day. Imho, it's very creative and fun to play. And just like Agent wrote in the beginning post, "It's not a map everyone will like". This is by no means a bad map as YOU stated it. This is just a map you don't like. So shaddap and lrn2opinion <3
Lesjuh

Larto wrote:

Try to make a better map out of this song, lesjuh. It's not a normal song like your everyday osu! map has it. It's different. Both map and song are not what you see/listen to every day. Imho, it's very creative and fun to play. And just like Agent wrote in the beginning post, "It's not a map everyone will like". This is by no means a bad map as YOU stated it. This is just a map you don't like. So shaddap and lrn2opinion <3
Ok, it sucks imo

Mostly because it doesn't fit this song at all, huge gaps, doubletime sliders that are randomly placed and make you say 'WTF??!!' in front of your computer, long-ass breaks, breaks in the middle of the epic chorus, long and boring spam of beats with annoying hitsounds. Also, creative?, yes, ok. Even though it felt more like filling up at the ending. There you have my opinion, now you shaddap.
machol30
Just to shoot my honest opinions out there... but I'd have to agree with Lesjuh. I didn't feel the song at all in your map. Sliders are feeling just too random to me, as well as most of the rest of the map. And that's the worst thing you could do to a song when beatmapping, imo. Also, annoying hitsounds felt me random. I didn't like the straight 1/8 notes for half the song and the ending sucked (wtf@loooongspinner?). I just wish this map had even a little more rhythm to it.

Then again, this is the guy who hates most maps other than most al-azif/darri/echo/fff/happy/james/lesjuh beatmaps. :/

Also, please no nasty/sarcastic comments about/at me. Just read the first eight words of this post before you go about doing so. I do realize that people have their own tastes and preferences, and I completely and totally respect that. I'm just saying that this map goes totally against mine, I guess. And to be generous or forgiving of a map like this would be rating it a 6 or 7 out of 10. :/

EDIT: Oh, and post 1000 get. :P
LuigiHann

Agent Spin Here wrote:

Very experimental map, not everyone will like it.
And the ones who don't like it will rate it low. Facts of life, kid.

I think it's a cool map, obviously, but to each his own
0_o
I actually thought this map was very well done.. the first x2 slider kind of came out of nowhere, but after that I thought everything worked really well.

I gave it a 10 ^_^
Saturio
I am a fans of michael jackson..... The rhythm is quite good ... so I love so much... Right? mtmcl!
Topic Starter
Mashley

lesjuh wrote:

Larto wrote:

Ok, it sucks imo

Mostly because it doesn't fit this song at all, huge gaps, doubletime sliders that are randomly placed and make you say 'WTF??!!' in front of your computer, long-ass breaks, breaks in the middle of the epic chorus, long and boring spam of beats with annoying hitsounds. Also, creative?, yes, ok. Even though it felt more like filling up at the ending. There you have my opinion, now you shaddap.
Obvious troll is obvious. I notice you have not even played my map, your record in the score listing is 0.07%, with NoFail, Hidden, HardRock, DoubleTime and Flashlight mods.
In conclusion, please play my map before saying it sucks.
Ekaru
Ever thought that maybe he failed near the end, but disliked your map and wanted to give it a rating, so he put Nofail on with Double Time, clicked a few notes, then AFKed, just so he could rate it? That is probably what happened.

Oh, and I agree with lesjuh for the most part. What he said is pretty accurate, so he probably played it. There was a long and boring spam of beats near the end. I hated that. The 2x sliders seemed random to me. There were some long breaks also IIRC. So he most likely did play it. And if he was truly trolling, he would've gave it a 1, which he didn't for sure.
mtmcl
He shouldn't have rated it if he didn't have an actual play to back his rating. I think that's only fair. Otherwise, it is just his opinion.
Cuddlebun
Not claiming to know anything about mapping, but I was not impressed by this map at all. I was yawning through the whole thing; I just didn't see anything noteworthy besides its incredible dullness. A couple of sliders almost tripped me up but otherwise nothing really stood out in the map.

I'm gonna agree with kingcobra and lesjuh here.
awp

Todesengal wrote:

I'm gonna agree with kingcobra and lesjuh here.
Dood kingcobra didn't post here; are you thinking about burai?
Cuddlebun
:X

yeah I--

jesus sometimes I don't understand what I type

I meant burai >_<
foulcoon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
show more