Total Posts
show more
Colored

my lol
Yuno
Mine :3

Nyu_old2
Just got a tablet today! :D so much fun

edit: whoops just realized it wasn't forcing proportions, fixed!
420Guy
WiKi_old_1
Full area :3
audiserverhaseo

/me is a noob ;^;
mrgnstrn
I got tablet 5 month ago, and started with small area.
But then i slowly changed it to full.
Now i`m playing with full area on 24 monitor 1920x1080. Osu - 1366x768
Rewondernard
420Guy
Switched to that, i hope now i can better jump..

JMC
before

after
-Athena-
0x0 because I don't have one D:
xsrsbsns
Royboyvdm
Just use full area i used small area and i was like i got to move my hand allot, now i use full area and it even seems too fast now using full area, if your using a small area and you think your already moving your hands too much then switch to a full area and try it for a few days
ReVeNg3r

i recently change
Hakase-nyan
YoshiOST
friendok47
fullscreen and almost fullarea

i was playing on a small area before for 1.5 years just recently changed it to this 2 weeks ago i think for fun since im not competitive anyway
RBRat3
Layne_old_1
~
Nyu_old2

shanaftw wrote:

Is there any full area players here with a live video by chance, as much as I try to understand I just cannot figure out how to use full area.

What resolution should I be using.

I'm no pro but you can watch this live vid I did with full area and large osu res.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ln9ijBE ... ature=plcp
ampzz
Full area on my Wacom bamboo CTH-670 tablet.

I found it to be pointless for shrinking the area on my tablet for the following reasons:
  1. My hands are massive as it is so I've never had a problem with not being able to reach each corner.
  2. The smaller areas didn't provide the kind of pixel accuracy I prefer after being on low dpi mouse only for quite a few number of months.
  3. I use it frequently for Photoshop so I gradually got rid of the notion of needing a smaller area.
  4. It would be pointless having all of that size available and not using over 50% of it.
  5. I use it as a replacement for mouse control over the desktop and general PC use at times so I got used to it from that as well.
  6. General plug and play for if I'm ever at a place that isn't my own desktop set up.
Sure enough osu! itself runs in a 1440 x 900 windowed resolution but I can easily adjust between that and a fullscreen run at 1920 x 1080 just fine.
F m L_old
JAKACHAN

F m L wrote:

Only way to do it :D
Vmx
Few months ago

Now

Conclusion: Full is much better, inspired by ragelewa ;_;
RBRat3
Well I do play full area now but my full area is about 4-6 bamboo tablets depending on what size you own.

I did do this video awhile ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_We1CGh-Wg and that was at 1440x900 (I think), I play on the IPS now which is 1080 no difference. I should try playing with quick point on XD
Nyu_old2
That seems more counterproductive than productive if you ask me ;-; but depends if you're just playing for fun or not.
RBRat3
It was when I first started using the 12x18, I usually ended up playing at 800x600 windowed which reduced the area to something like 7x5in. But now it really doesn't matter I can play at any size and adjust to it within the first few notes. Each to their own I rather use my whole arm and wrist than just my wrist. I tried it both ways and it really makes no difference to me and since I have the tablet area I might as well use it. When you scale up the area so does the game like a slider my slider space is about the size 50 cent piece which from the GUI setting pics thats about what everyones active area is set to so Its kinda hard to fuck that up XD

Mainly I own this tablet for the sole purpose of utilizing my whole arm to do work than my wrist just like you do on a canvas, Not only that the grip pen exploits this by being thick like a brush. Its a sad shame since wacom discontinued the 12x18 tablets with intuos 4's so I have nothing to look forward to when this old piece dies and its bad enough that OSU eats my pens up.
thelewa

Vmx wrote:

Conclusion: Full is much better, inspired by ragelewa ;_;
I find it funny that I tell people to play with full area, even though I can't play with it myself because my hand is retarded
Valentiino
From this:

to this:
Mayutan

started with the almost smallest area but now i play like this and feel alot more comfortable :)
just had to get used to it but it's worth it ! and now jumps are fine too >w<
just one bad thing.. i'm worse at spinning now TT but i guess i just need some practice
also took a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rf84-sDksA
i'm a noob though :P
jianzii

Large areas hurt my arm.
nVidi4x

jianzii wrote:

Large areas hurt my arm.
o,o that's my tablet !
Layne_old_1
~
peppercatastrop