forum

CTB IRC channel (Peppy ninja'd me for taiko) [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DontTalkwithMir
(First of all..english isn't my native language so sorry for wrong grammar)

Well yeah...we came up with this request..again.
Currently we (the Taiko and CtB community) are using the #videogames Channel.
I decided to redo this request because there were some specific accidents which made me write this here.
So yeah..I don't know why this request has been denied for 5(?) times, because it's not THAT hard to make two channels.
As you can see here: t/54137&start=0 most of the people would like to have an own channel for these modes aswell because #osu is way to much spam.
This would clean up the #videogames channel too, because some people discuss about games there next to us.
I don't think that anyone of us likes the imagination, that we're "only" some non-osu! mode players, who don't need an own channel to chat/discuss their modes.
Even BATS agreed with this idea the last time, videogames isn't the right place for taiko/ctb player (even if they're "games").
There were some bigger discussions at videogames, that we're not really.."welcomed" there and such stuff so yeah.
For example about the activity... #twc was full all the time and they were talking about taiko all day.
The same would be for CtB too.

OnosakiHito wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

use #videogames or some other unused channel
To be honest Ephemeral, this answer makes me thinking "Has this guyGMT read this thread in any kind?"
I mean, the answer has been allready given in severel posts. Also in the first post:

2.) Quotation: I really don't see why you can't keep these conversations in #osu.
- Quotation: I don't see why 4000 people should chat in one channel. Personaly, I don't want read everything of every game-mod and how 100 people are spaming.

It is not #osu but #videogames. And I personally don't want to see - let's say - 500 other people who are talking about CTB or other videogames.
And what will defintally happen is, that people from both communitys gonna go to argue about, which game is the better one.
This really dosen't need to be, right?
Also what I want to mention is, Taiko (no Tatsujin) and CTB are not just videogames, they are a part of osu!, am I right? Otherwise they wouldn't be on Osu!.
Edit: Oh right, as one person from the Taiko/CTB community, I feel with this answer thrown away like trash, honestly...

Now I want to ask something and hope to receive an answer:
How does it come that a country get his channel with 50 people but two whole communitys with more people not?
I totally agree with OnosakiHito there with his old thread plus..

Ephemeral wrote:

i'm sure taiko and ctb will receive their own channels at some point in the future, but they're not going to at the moment until some client functionality is extended to allow some more additional channels
So..in theory it is the future now?
I don't want any kind of flame or "yeah ok, we read that forget it *close*" posts, there are so many people who share this idea with me, they even gave their stars to the older threads.
Last but not least:

Ephemeral wrote:

we're done here. wait for development to come back around to client features and i'm sure you'll have a channel before the year is out. that's all i can do.
It's 2012 and we don't have any kind of "own" channels yet.
As I said it would be really nice to see those channels in the near future (and I mean "near" == 2~3 months... :-/ )
That shouldn't be any kind of offense against you Empheral, I just wanted to show that the year is over..

Greetings DontBrownieMir
Yuki Hana-Chan

... really.
I support this 1000000%.

SPOILER
but I really don't get how I don't have votes left.. considering I used them during April.. = =
Laharl
Feature requests can be voted up by all users a limited number of times per month.
I wonder why I got a vote only once.

To cut a long story short - same as Yuki.
XEPCOH
Supporting this^^
There must be #taiko, #ctb and that's all xD
Stefan
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and one more time:

Topic Starter
DontTalkwithMir
Taiko's already online.
Good for the Taikocommunity. :)
I still wait for a CtB channel. :(
OnosakiHito
Sorry, forgot to mention it once again in the PM when I contacted peppy.
Good lucky guys.

Edit: Okay, avaible. Now. Congrats. :)
VelperK
:D
Mercurial
Thank you.
CLSW
I'll call this barbarian invasion.

Congrats.