forum

DOTA 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gabi
I'm starting to lose faith in this thread after i read that someone said invoker wasn't that good and sniper takes a lot of skill. Please guys, stop it.
Lybydose
alchemist is top pick super op ban every game
-Athena-

Gabi wrote:

I'm starting to lose faith in this thread after i read that someone said invoker wasn't that good and sniper takes a lot of skill. Please guys, stop it.
I dunno about Dota 2, I'm assuming it's about the same as Dota 1 in this aspect, so...
invoker wasn't that good and sniper takes a lot of skill.
Oh god fail orz
It's okay Gabi don't get too sad, there's still plenty of hope for this thread.
Mercurial
Alchemist Inba!

Also, another game with Weaver.

11/0/16 :3
-Athena-
^ someone with Mercurial in their name is godly at this game, no surprise there XD
I still never understood what she was saying in Dota 1 though
Mercurial
uugugugu.

shishishishsi.

For nerib.

lol

As I promised before.

Gabi
Ah the joy of low tier pub games, where almost everyone picks a carry.
Magicphoenix

Gabi wrote:

Ah the joy of low tier pub games, where almost everyone picks a carry.
What's even sadder is if you have 3 supporter who try to semi-carry
Tshemmp
Like CM with Maelstrom and Lothar, ok...
TKiller
To be honest, I've never actually expirienced playing DotA as a team game :'D
Mercurial

TKiller wrote:

Except with friends.
TKiller
Nope, it still was LOL I AM THE CARRY all over.

Fun times, eh.
Gabi

TKiller wrote:

eh on the contrary for me, i sure as hell do feel it's a team game because my back always hurts after every game.
yeahyeahyeahhh

TKiller wrote:

well I assume you play mostly with Russians... no offense or anything... :P
TKiller

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

TKiller wrote:

well I assume you play mostly with Russians... no offense or anything... :P
played*

I've stopped playing DotA long ago since there was noone here to teach me the proper way of playing it nor I wanted to take a step up myself, while I was able to beat most of the pub games yawning.
Mikey

[AirCoN] wrote:

Voker isn't even imba, just that most players don't know what to do in situations against him.

seriously, most voker players use the shittiest combo alive, which is emp + tornado, and still rape the majority of pubs. Facepalm.

Venomancer is my most successful hero though, 7-1, lost once but that game was really, really, really close, went on for 60 minutes.

Huskar is my next successful hero, at 6-3.

All of the other heroes are either 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 0-1, 0-2. I play every hero in dota, so yea, I only ever counterpick when I want to win.

However, I feel that the funnest hero is actually sniper. I go Take aim + Headshot > Assasinate > Stats, since shrapnel is considered the worst spell. He is fun cause he requires a lot of skill to play, like abuse of mechanics, epic positioning, etc.
holy jesus christ you sound so bad.
invoker isnt imba? have you seen his lane presence? surely something that incredibly strong would have some form of weakness later on in the game? not invoker, and with his bulky stat gain he is not even squishy anymore, so sure you can silence him but hes not exactly like storm or clinkz in terms of being easy to pick off. he has 10 spells, and so many of them (coldsnap, tornado, sunstrike) are some of THE best spells in the game. he is simply too powerful, at all levels.
as for your sniper skill build, i thought it was a joke at first. the fact that you dont even get shrapnel is a joke. also, you should max range at early game, keeping headshot at level one, as the improvements are insignificant, and secondly max shrapnel. and no, despite how badly you want to convince yourself of this, sniper is not ranked as a skillful hero to play, infact he is one of the most notorious right clickers, all you need is a good mindset and positioning (stay back, fuck that sounds really hard)
Icyteru

Mikey wrote:

[AirCoN] wrote:

Voker isn't even imba, just that most players don't know what to do in situations against him.

seriously, most voker players use the shittiest combo alive, which is emp + tornado, and still rape the majority of pubs. Facepalm.

Venomancer is my most successful hero though, 7-1, lost once but that game was really, really, really close, went on for 60 minutes.

Huskar is my next successful hero, at 6-3.

All of the other heroes are either 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, 0-1, 0-2. I play every hero in dota, so yea, I only ever counterpick when I want to win.

However, I feel that the funnest hero is actually sniper. I go Take aim + Headshot > Assasinate > Stats, since shrapnel is considered the worst spell. He is fun cause he requires a lot of skill to play, like abuse of mechanics, epic positioning, etc.
holy jesus christ you sound so bad.
invoker isnt imba? have you seen his lane presence? surely something that incredibly strong would have some form of weakness later on in the game? not invoker, and with his bulky stat gain he is not even squishy anymore, so sure you can silence him but hes not exactly like storm or clinkz in terms of being easy to pick off. he has 10 spells, and so many of them (coldsnap, tornado, sunstrike) are some of THE best spells in the game. he is simply too powerful, at all levels.
as for your sniper skill build, i thought it was a joke at first. the fact that you dont even get shrapnel is a joke. also, you should max range at early game, keeping headshot at level one, as the improvements are insignificant, and secondly max shrapnel. and no, despite how badly you want to convince yourself of this, sniper is not ranked as a skillful hero to play, infact he is one of the most notorious right clickers, all you need is a good mindset and positioning (stay back, fuck that sounds really hard)
The funny thing is, I'm not bad. True, me saying invoker isn't imba or my sniper build is not "recommended" is highly debatable, however I am not bad.

I used to be like you. I used to think invoker was imbalanced due to all the points you made. If this was me before I started playing competitive, I would agree with you. I understand why you think I'm bad, however, it all comes with experience.

You probably play really well, probably being able to dominate most games and have core knowledge about the game.

However, I have my reasons for saying so. The truth is, invoker is one of the easiest heroes to play to a high potential. He just has too many skills for every situation. That doesn't make him imbalanced though.

A person that can play sniper to his full potential will probably be able to beat a good invoker player.

Oh, and have a look at shrapnel. JUST LOOK AT IT. It is the worst scaling damage, slow, and aoe you can possibly get in a skill. It doesn't help him farm, or even less kill. Let's say you are accompanied with a stun. What will shrapnel do?

and now you say sniper is the most notorious right clicker in the game. Exactly, that is what makes him hard and fun to play. He can't do much, he can only right click. Unlike voker, he doesn't have stun, nuke, etc. When was the last time you have seen a sniper dominate a pub game? And now when was the last time you have seen invoker dominate a pub game? Sniper is considered shit-tier in pub games because he has a low success rate, and invoker is considered "imba" because, contrary to popular belief, even if you suck, you can still do well and not feed.

Oh, I wasn't being disrespectful by the way. Everyone can have their own item/skill builds since dota is just that type of game, but I am arguing my point of view here.

And just another thing, everyone has their own way of playing, not many people play with my style of unconventional builds, but they work. They work better than the conventional builds. You would not know how much satisfaction one (me) gets when your whole team rages at you for jungle SF, and then you proceed to carry your team. (note: Jungle SF works, so does blink dagger weaver.) One does not simply theorycraft in dota, you gotta try it to see if it works.

PS: Ursa is overpowered.
EDIT:

1: I never said invoker wasn't that good. I said invoker wasn't imbalanced.

2: Playing sniper to his maximum potential is fucking difficult

EDIT 2:

Okay, I just reread my post and I realised I sound like an aggressive troll. However, I just wanted to express my passion for this game.

How about we just drop this imbalance subject and discuss the new item icons and UI.
Haseo_old
POTM IS HUMAN

DISCUSS
Icyteru
Dota 1 or 2.
Magicphoenix
DotA 2-potm cracks me up every time, the arrows flies like up his ass and he still dodges that shit!
But well, she's still a good hero, if you play her properly she can start getting game-deciding throughout the game but just not as extreme as some others, kinda like a Allround-hero. What I hate when ppl play her is when they do 24/7 farm = = Sure, it's good for a carry but she needs to put out her mid-game impact with her over 9k nuke dmg :|

ED : Here's a good example. Take a look at 2:30
How could that not hit !? Not like I dislike LightOfHeaven, but he got some big bug-profit that game !
Mikey
Are you from BA aircon?
Soulclenz
Aircon, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to agree with Mikey here. Experimenting on heroes doesn't happen much these days because multiple builds on every single hero in game have been beyond fine tuned by the community, and anything "new" that you see a pro player pull off in a match is quickly adapted into the meta game for all pubs to attempt, and most likely fail (Dendi carry ES for example). If you're making "unconventional" builds, which is just another way of saying you don't really know what you're doing, on heroes like Sniper, and claiming that he's a hard hero to play it just makes you look silly.

Playing sniper at maximum potential isn't difficult at all. You should perhaps look into what making "unconventional" builds does to your fellow teammates, probably throws them off quite a bit, and i don't blame them for raging. Sure you may win your games but that certainly doesn't make you an overly good player as you seem to think.

Also just as an aside, you are aware that shrapnel deals damage to buildings right? One of the few spells in game that does.
Icyteru
Doesn't deal much damage to buildings though. This build isn't actually unconventional, it is accepted by many people. Also the fact that sniper is one of the hardest heroes to master and play properly is also accepted. Maybe not for you though.
And Mikey, who are you on BA?
I'm Redjuice, Cirno, Dendi, [Tenshi], XBOCT, Synclicity, Huke, Urabe, meRRynightmare, suRe, moogleisBIG, TRIGSTR_50009, [AirCoN], and about 20 more aliases that I wish to not name.
Fabi
LOL, you should have a lot of alias :P, is it because of win/loose rate?
Icyteru
It's because I hoard them lol. BA invites are worth a lot, so having over 50 of them proves my e-peen.

And yea, some of them got some pretty bad reputation, which i haven't named.
Magicphoenix
How about naming your current name instead of your 50 aliases no one wants to know? Won't be able to find you with old names, you know
Icyteru
I quit BA ages ago lol, I also recently uninstalled Dota 2.

my most recent BA alias was probably "redjuice".

EDIT: I just realised, what do you mean by "find"? How do you find a single user on a large gaming network. It doesn't even keep stats lol.
Magicphoenix
Sry, I seem to misunderstand something, don't even know what BA means. Nvm
lukewarmholiday
I need more people to play with.

I'm good to play with because I don't have downs syndrome. I'm just really stupid, I'm moving up in the world.
Soulclenz

lukewarmholiday wrote:

I need more people to play with.

I'm good to play with because I don't have downs syndrome. I'm just really stupid, I'm moving up in the world.
Feel free to play with me if you'd like.
lukewarmholiday
No your avatar clearly indicates downs syndrome I only accept stupid people and above.
Soulclenz
Ok =(.
foulcoon
lawl luke. I would play but I'm currently no-lifing TERA. Perhaps I will have to take a break sometime.
Cyclone
luke and foul, let's play sometime.
mosluv
Anyone want a key?
Icyteru
^Yes. But you have no reason to give me, so it would be a gift to a random person on the internet. Your choice.
foulcoon
Cyclone add me on steam, steam ID: foulcoon

i have luke on mine already it hink
Cyclone
nexy i have a friend asking for a key if you haven't given it away yet.

I'll add you when i'm home foul
mosluv
@[AirCoN] & Cyclone: I have 2 keys so add junioz on steam or you can give me the email address to gift it to. Whatever works best for you.
lukewarmholiday
Foul you removed me I think, you cant really search my name because dumb characters are in my name but http://steamcommunity.com/id/lukewarmholiday
show more