forum

Beginner's Training

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pheonick
Oooo, good song list. I like the 300 mix in there too.
luckydog_old
I wish I'd found this earlier. Great guide and thanks.
Tri-Edge
good job, I never found this till now, but now I have a pack my friends can play when just starting out... good job poke ^_^
ThunderQX
when i unpacked to songs... i cant lauch it in osu game what i can do?
blacksymbian
thanks for the tips.. Gotta download 'em now XD
Starrodkirby86

ThunderQX wrote:

Make sure the items within the song folder are .osz or compressed folders (Hopefully they're the former more).

Refresh the game by pressing F5. If that doesn't work, close the game and then reopen it. If that doesn't work, extract all the songs in another place and do the manual drag-and-drop...though these are just things I'm thinking of myself.

On training regards, I don't think I need this myself. ;_;
mattyu007

ThunderQX wrote:

Download something that can unpack .rar's (I recommend 7-Zip) and then place the resulting osz's into osu
Topic Starter
Pokebis

Pokebis wrote:

Beatmap Packs
These packs are the maps in each step so you don't have to download them seperatly.You'll need Winrar to open them, don't worry it's free. Just extract the .rar folder in your Osu! songs folder and you should be ready to go!
Step One
Step Two
Nobody saw this section? :cry:

Anyways, really sorry for lack of updates on this. School and other stuffs are in the way. A two week break is coming up for me soon, so I may look into this soon. I didn't mean to not update this for so long. And don't expect this soon either. I still have stuff to do. :o
LuigiHann

Pokebis wrote:

Pokebis wrote:

Nobody saw this section? :cry:
Nobody ever reads anything
[deleted user]
It is very useful for people like me who just started playing osu!
DeathxShinigami
Aww...Pokebis your giving the new users such an easy way to get an achievement. =P
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Beta_old

LuigiHann wrote:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Aww...Pokebis your giving the new users such an easy way to get an achievement. =P
What achievement
I did this and "agony" gave me the 500 combo achievement.

Might that be it?
Gerozephyrus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nack3R
I download them all.
for beginners excellent beatmaps =)
Aoitenshi
I wish i had this map when i start... Because my first map is Cross Time Hard! almost the 8th beat fail. I'm such a noob.
Well, For now I'm pawning cross time hard, lol.

Sorry for my lacking english.
Kevs
Thanks, These beatmaps made me improve a lot.
kuwarudo
Pipinlover
I can Get MUCH Better Cause This will Help Tons! I might also Help Put Together More Parts To Get Beginners Better!
Jinxy

kuwarudo wrote:

i wish i found this earlier :(

like 3 months ago
Better at osu yet?
venn177
I gotta say, these songs are helping me suck less quite a bit.

Thanks a ton OP.
llKite
Nice songs to start :)
I wish i could find this earlier too,since when i started playing i started with songs that are hell for begginers,like Paradise Lost(Chihara Minori) and Distorted Pain(Karen). :(
Kennjin
Thx it helped me alot :)
schimdth
Yay finally found this one this is really a big help I searching for beatmaps with easy mode
and this 1 make my searching easier thx a lot :P
UltiHaker
Thank you for this, now I know how to play.
Acerlyte
n/a
Xgor
[deleted user]
This is Great! I've gotten Really Good Already!
dreamgor
:( it doesn't work with some of them it says the audio is missing and i used winrar into songs folder just as you said... edit: none of the songs work... i've tried everything that has been mentioned in this thread i'm going to faqs :(
remmi892
sweet.ACCURACY BOOST!!!!!!!
go freebies!
Mokbi_old
no
Mawa_old
Thanks a lot for this, it helped me a lot c:
nostraKKK
thx for the guide..hope it really helps..^^
[deleted user]
:roll: Nice
Mr jiang724
oh thanks a lot
theliel_old
:lol:
Vergence
Thanks.. or my cousin will never get used to this game !!!
Debiru1
Bleh

why i try almost every thing play for 3 days now and still sucks how can ppl be so fast and hit everything i dont get it :cry: what do i do wrong
TheVileOne

Debiru1 wrote:

Bleh

why i try almost every thing play for 3 days now and still sucks how can ppl be so fast and hit everything i dont get it :cry: what do i do wrong

Oh it's all due to a person's hand eye coordination. Some people are just better (quicker) at identifying beats and patterns and can match their hand to the speed of the beat. It isn't something you can just pick up right away, it takes many hours of practice and even that will only get you so far. There exists a skill level in which most people will never reach. Don't worry about being insanely awesome at osu just yet, it will come if one plays long enough.

Keep in mind of the tempo of a song and how it is reflected in the spacing of the map. Tempo is a fancy word for the beat. The tempo of a song for the most part will not change. That means if you find a songs overall pacing, than your overall success at that song will be based on how steady you can move your cursor.The better you can move with a beatmaps tempo, the easier it becomes to notice changes in tempo such as jumps, antijumps, and chnages in spacing. Use approach circles as a guide to finding a beats tempo. If you are able to identify the tempo (how fast you need to move to hit the notes ), and are able to follow that tempo, then most normal difficulties will be no match for you. A mastery of idetifying patterns and following a difficultie's tempo at often higher speeds is required when making the jump from Normal to hard difficulties.
Phatency
These maps were the first ones I ever played in osu!, and they helped a lot in getting used to these types of rhythm games :P Took me a bit over 2 hours to pass them all. I did find that Puffy Ami Yumi (BOSS) was a lot easier than TAITO or bloody tears. Sparta was just such awful song that I couldn't bear to try it again. Same thing with Animal crossing. But I guess this is simply a matter of taste.

Enough with the whining, thanks for these packs :>
show more