forum

Any tips or beatmaps that can help me go from hard to insane

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Burr
So far I seem to be able to play most hard songs with little problem but moving on to insane most of its seem too fast for me to keep up, I have no problem with hand speed just can't comprehend all the notes coming at me, for most other Rhythm games this hasn't been a problem for me before. So just wondering is there any tips or even beatmaps that can help me adjust to playing insane difficulty beatmaps.
Also if this is useful information I'm a tablet/keyboard player
GigaClon
Congrats this is a problem that no one has ever had before
sCam
these are the maps i played to make the transition from Hard to Insane.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133512
^^ took me like about 40-50 retires to pass it.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/111468
^^ took me like 60-80 retires to pass it.

May seem impossible now, but it works, and umm... play the hardest difficulty.
Xylem Beer
Play those hard maps with DT
Topic Starter
Burr

dunku wrote:

these are the maps i played to make the transition from Hard to Insane.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133512
^^ took me like about 40-50 retires to pass it.

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/111468
^^ took me like 60-80 retires to pass it.

May seem impossible now, but it works, and umm... play the hardest difficulty.
Will give this a go
Floks
I'd appreciate any other useful training songs people can think of off the top of their heads. I think those two are really solid practice though. Not sure I can double time it yet though.
-Athena-
Practice, you must, young Jedi.
Easy path, there is not.
thelewa
You could also just play any low bpm insanes, those are USUALLY easy.

At least they used to be, until people started to put retarded spacing everywhere
kriers

ragelewa wrote:

You could also just play any low bpm insanes, those are USUALLY easy.

At least they used to be, until people started to put retarded spacing everywhere
osu! 2012: retarded spacing and ar9
Floks
This map also has a lot of good parts: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28240

It's a 4 minute hard in my opinion. At least I find it easier than other insane maps.
Nyu_old2
Try different beatmaps. Don't make the same mistakes that most people(including myself) did. I spent my first 2 weeks of osu trying to pass the Rubik's Cube 5x5x5 before I was able to. And always played the same songs over and over again. Never wanted to actually go out and download beatmaps. So time passed and I was like level 50 with barely 200 million ranked score. That's pretty bad. Even what I have now is pitiful but now I'm actually getting my ranked score up quite a bit more than what I used to do.

Point is, don't be afraid or lazy or whatever with going out and getting new beatmaps. It's better for you too for learning how to read stuff on your first try rather than having to practically memorize the map to play it when it's way out of your skill level. There ARE beatmaps for every skill of person, you just have to find them. Not all [Insane] maps are the same difficulty. There are a lot of Insane maps I can beat, but there are a lot of them that I fail the beginning as well. It's just a matter of finding something that challenges you but not to a point where you have to play 300 times before you can beat it. If you find one of those really hard maps that you want to beat, put it off to another time for when you're better and try it again. Gl
those
It's a matter of playing more and more maps so your hand knows how far to move for whatever circle coming up.
G0r

Nyu wrote:

Try different beatmaps. Don't make the same mistakes that most people(including myself) did. I spent my first 2 weeks of osu trying to pass the Rubik's Cube 5x5x5 before I was able to. And always played the same songs over and over again. Never wanted to actually go out and download beatmaps. So time passed and I was like level 50 with barely 200 million ranked score. That's pretty bad. Even what I have now is pitiful but now I'm actually getting my ranked score up quite a bit more than what I used to do.

Point is, don't be afraid or lazy or whatever with going out and getting new beatmaps. It's better for you too for learning how to read stuff on your first try rather than having to practically memorize the map to play it when it's way out of your skill level. There ARE beatmaps for every skill of person, you just have to find them. Not all [Insane] maps are the same difficulty. There are a lot of Insane maps I can beat, but there are a lot of them that I fail the beginning as well. It's just a matter of finding something that challenges you but not to a point where you have to play 300 times before you can beat it. If you find one of those really hard maps that you want to beat, put it off to another time for when you're better and try it again. Gl
I'd say that playing multiple beatmaps is a very good idea, because one map may have a part that you find difficult, which shows up in other maps, and which you might find more approachable under different circumstances. When I started playing I basically just played a few beatmaps continuously, kind of like what was described in the above quote. I very slowly got better with thousands of plays, but when I started getting tired of it and attempting to play new maps, I noticed that I was beginning to improve more quickly from the exposure to new map styles.

Also, Burr, I took the liberty of checking your profile; and it looks like you aren't regularly scoring very high on your plays, which makes sense, since you've only recently started playing a lot. It's good for your skill that you are putting more time into the game, but try to make sure that you don't JUST beat the maps. If that's the best you can do, then that's awesome, but if you feel like you could beat the map without a miss, or with a higher accuracy than your average, or with a full combo, then play it a few more times to reach that goal. If you just let yourself beat maps and move on, then you won't be getting all you can out of what that map has to offer.

Good luck!