forum

[Guide] How to get the perfect mp3 / Video for your map [WIP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
happy30
Click on the following links for the guides

- How to download and encode a video from youtube.
- How to search and encode mp3 files.
- How to rip audio from videos.
- How to cut an anime OP/ED from an episode.

Tools used in the guides:
SUPER Video converter
MKVToolNix
mp3DirectCut
Topic Starter
happy30
How to download and encode a video from Youtube
I want a video for my beatmap, how do I get one with high quality?

Step 1. Find your video on youtube
  1. The first step is of course, to look for the video you want to use in your map. Please note: If you are looking for an anime op/ed, try to find a HQ raw version of the video. Please do not use subbed videos and be sure the video is not mirrored. Once you have found your video on youtube copy the URL (for example: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG0RypMgxEI") We will now use the link to download the video from youtube with keepvid
The video I'm looking for can't be found on youtube!
Many anime ops/eds are banned from youtube. read this guide on how to cut your own anime op/ed
If you are not looking for an anime op/ed the guide might still help, but it's focused on anime.

Step 2. Using Keepvid to download your video
Follow these steps to get your video!
  1. go to http://keepvid.com/
  2. Paste the URL from your youtube video into the "Enter video URL here or search here" box
  3. Click on download on the right side of the box
  4. Keepvid will ask you to load a Java Applet. Accept it
  5. Once the applet is done running you will get a few download options. It should look like this:
    we always want a .FLV for osu! because osu! cannot run .mp4/WebM files (legally).
    we can choose either 240p, 360p or 480p. Higher "p" means higher resolution and bigger file size.
    you can usually choose the highest resolution, 480p. But keep in mind that when you have a very long video (>3min) the filesize of the 480p version might be too big for osu! if the filesize is over 22mb consider the 360p version instead.

Step 3. Removing audio from your video
One more thing to do before we can use it for osu!
I removed my guide because SUPER doesn't work for me anymore (It was stupid adware anyway)
I replaced it with ziin's guide.

DL avidemux here http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html

ziin wrote:

Open avidemux
Drag and drop the file into avidemux
If the following shows up because the video is h.264 (h.264 is the best right now):
Press either (no is better unless the program crashes).

Select Audio -> Main Track

Select Audio Source -> None

Make sure that Video and Audio are on "Copy".
Now hit ctrl+s to save your video anywhere, it's ready to be used in osu! :D
Topic Starter
happy30
How to search and encode mp3 files
I found this cool song, now how can I get it? How can I find a better quality mp3?

Step 1. Find the right information of your song to download the whole album
  • It is better not to rip audio from videos from youtube because the quality isn't always that great. and the alternatives are easier.
    However, if you are sure you can't find the audio anywhere else go to this guide for ripping audio from video files.
So you want an mp3 of a song. now, what kind of song is it?

Touhou / Doujin
If the song is either Touhou or Doujin you'll probably have to get the whole album in order to get the desired mp3. First, find a youtube video with the song. Look in the description for "Album:" or (japanese for album) "アルバム:" copy the album name, we will need this to get the album we are looking for. If there isn't an album mentioned in the descriptions find other videos with the same song.

For example: http://youtu.be/-BwOX2MocBs I want this mp3. I look in the description and I find the album name: "Re:Clockwiser & A Narcissus" I copy the name. Next I go to google.com. I paste the album name in the searchbox and I add "+Mediafire Mediafire is a filehost where many albums are stored since it's easy to download from. if we add "+mediafire" in the google searchbox google will ensure the sites given will have a connection with mediafire!

If you cannot find your album on google try nyaa.eu. this website stores many torrents of doujin albums, although, they are usually not seeded well!

Anime/Videogame OP/ED/OST
First be sure whether the OST has already been released or not. If not, then you will have to rip the audio from a youtube video, probably. If the OST has been released copy the name of the OST Album. Next go to google.com. Paste the album name* in the searchbox and add "+Mediafire Mediafire is a filehost where many albums are stored since it's easy to download from. if we add "+mediafire" in the google searchbox google will ensure the sites given will have a connection with mediafire!

* You can also try to put the song name there, but if it's an anime op/ed you are looking for it will probably give you results for the full size versions of the song.

Step 2. Encode the mp3 to fit the ranking criteria: 192kbs
now blablabla coming soon
Topic Starter
happy30
reserved
Topic Starter
happy30
reserved
ShaggoN
Really cool idea o/
Also in section about mp3's you can add info how to cut, edit mp3's if they're too long etc.