forum

Nomizu Iori - *** Passionate (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
JoJo

SapphireGhost wrote:

[Jo's Easy]
00:30:876 (1) - You really shouldn't do this on an Easy, it's too fast. Better to follow a simpler rhythm.//Just don't know how to rearrange that in a better way.. x_x But well, fixed anyway.
01:02:366 (3,4,5,6) - This is an amazing pattern.
01:14:281 (1,2,3,4) - It'd look good if the ends of (2) and (4) lined up exactly.//Ok.
[/color]

Makar8000 wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

[Jo's Easy]
00:30:876 (1) - You really shouldn't do this on an Easy, it's too fast. Better to follow a simpler rhythm.
Not to mention it makes it impossible for new taiko players to FC this map at all =w=//lol~ I'm so sorry for forgetting that ;_; Sorry if make you unhappy..Fixed now.
Thanks.. @ @

Download: Nomizu Iori - Passionate (TV Size) (Kawayi Rika) [JoJo's Easy].osu
Topic Starter
Kawayi Rika
SPOILER

SapphireGhost wrote:

Modding Rika's version...

[General]
- Timing needs to be consistent with Vicho's version, I think this his is more likely to be correct because it's a whole number, but I don't know.  :arrow: I think it's fine ~
- 1024 x 768 BG might look better if you can find one. :arrow: ^

[Rika]
00:53:855 (1) - Snapping of this note discussed over IRC. :arrow: fixed
01:22:153 (3,4) - Spacing is really too far for 1/4 notes, try to make it more playable. :arrow: ^

[TuHard]
00:58:110 - This break is really short, not sure if you need it. :arrow: Removed

I hope this can end well for both mappers.
blissfulyoshi
Since I decided I finally have time to mod, and since SG was modding Vicho's when I started this mod, here is my mod.

JoJo's Easy
Aesthetics mod:
00:37:685 (5) - Move this downward a bit so that the end of 4 is directly on the slider track http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/286625 (looks slightly better imo)
01:05:770 (2) - rotate this so it does not overlap 01:06:621 (3)
01:23:429 (3,4) - the stacking makes this area look worse imo, not sure what you can do though
01:25:770 (1,2) - move 1 so that it is directly on top of 01:27:472 (3) (barely off ds), and then rotate 2 so it does not overlap 01:24:493 (5) (well you might need to change a bit more than this to keep your pattern, but I do think you can make the pattern look better than it is currently)
01:43:217 (1,2,3) - move this all downward so 3 does not touch the hp bar? (things don't look that great when they overlap the hp bar)

Combo mod:
00:30:876 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 00:17:685 (1) (I know this note is half a note earlier, but I think you should have a new combo in the area)
00:35:983 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 00:22:366 (1)
01:19:387 (3) - I would put a new combo here to be consistent with 01:05:557 (1) but since the pattern changed, I'll leave you to find the ideal configuration (just wanted to point it out)

Saten's Normal: (I am really not liking the overlaps in this diff. This diff looks extremely messy imo (mod is going to be lenient on overlaps)
Style/Aesthetics Mod:
00:54:683 (2) - make this slider more balanced
01:08:323 (1) - 01:05:770 (1,1) - this overlap doesn't look that great imo
01:10:025 (3,2,1) - this overlap doesn't look that great either

Combo mod:
00:20:002 (1) - Why did you add a new combo here? I didn't see you break any other similar sounding combos into smaller combos

Tuhard:
Style/Aesthetics Mod:
00:25:344 (3) - since this has 2 repeats, it is a little easier to play the next note if you reverse section on this slider (you might want to mvoe the slider a bit as well to avoid stacking issues if you do this)
00:47:472 (5) - adding a slight curve to this slider help make it fit better with 00:47:898 (1) (also same thing as above)

Combo mod:
00:37:685 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 00:24:068 (1)

Wmf's Taiko: fine

Rika:
01:20:025 (5) - as I told you before, this plays like an antijump that breaks the flow

=====================
Saten's diff is not exactly to my liking especially since I know Saten can do better, but besides that, decent mapset. I'll decide what to do after you mod I guess...
Topic Starter
Kawayi Rika
EDIT : OK ~ back to fix mod ~ sorry for the sapp,bliss and everyone ~ :(

SPOILER

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Saten's Normal: (I am really not liking the overlaps in this diff. This diff looks extremely messy imo (mod is going to be lenient on overlaps)
Style/Aesthetics Mod:
00:54:683 (2) - make this slider more balanced :arrow: fixed some
01:08:323 (1) - 01:05:770 (1,1) - this overlap doesn't look that great imo :arrow: moved
01:10:025 (3,2,1) - this overlap doesn't look that great either :arrow: ^

Combo mod:
00:20:002 (1) - Why did you add a new combo here? I didn't see you break any other similar sounding combos into smaller combos :arrow: Removed

Tuhard:
Style/Aesthetics Mod:
00:25:344 (3) - since this has 2 repeats, it is a little easier to play the next note if you reverse section on this slider (you might want to mvoe the slider a bit as well to avoid stacking issues if you do this) :arrow: fixed
00:47:472 (5) - adding a slight curve to this slider help make it fit better with 00:47:898 (1) (also same thing as above) :arrow: looks fine for me not change

Combo mod:
00:37:685 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 00:24:068 (1) :arrow: change some NC

Rika:
01:20:025 (5) - as I told you before, this plays like an antijump that breaks the flow :arrow: moved some spacing

Update all diff ~
Sallad4ever
Wait, why you give up ? the map is bubble before and it's just popped once, you shouldn't just give up and delete the map like that :(
SapphireGhost
I know the other version is ranked already, but this is an independent mapset, and it's also good.
You had many guest mappers help you, don't let their work go to waste. I know you can get this ranked for everyone, please.
Don't give up!
JoJo
Yes don't give up! ..But you make the choice ~ >_<
Anyway here is updating.

BTW, I still think kanpakyin's timing is right. It's obviously off after removing the 1st 140.5 bpm timing section.
I'm not sure if it's an issue of mp3. I hope someone could recheck that. @ @

blissfulyoshi wrote:

JoJo's Easy
Aesthetics mod:
00:37:685 (5) - Move this downward a bit so that the end of 4 is directly on the slider track http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/286625 (looks slightly better imo)//Ok, fixed~
01:05:770 (2) - rotate this so it does not overlap 01:06:621 (3)//Sorry I thought this overlapping is fine, not need to be fixed.
01:23:429 (3,4) - the stacking makes this area look worse imo, not sure what you can do though//Changed arrangement.
01:25:770 (1,2) - move 1 so that it is directly on top of 01:27:472 (3) (barely off ds), and then rotate 2 so it does not overlap 01:24:493 (5) (well you might need to change a bit more than this to keep your pattern, but I do think you can make the pattern look better than it is currently)//Fixed.
01:43:217 (1,2,3) - move this all downward so 3 does not touch the hp bar? (things don't look that great when they overlap the hp bar)//Fixed.

Combo mod:
00:30:876 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 00:17:685 (1) (I know this note is half a note earlier, but I think you should have a new combo in the area)//Fixed.
00:35:983 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 00:22:366 (1)//Fixed.
01:19:387 (3) - I would put a new combo here to be consistent with 01:05:557 (1) but since the pattern changed, I'll leave you to find the ideal configuration (just wanted to point it out)//Fixed.
Thank you ~

Download: Nomizu Iori - Passionate (TV Size) (Kawayi Rika) [JoJo's Easy].osu
wmfchris
Kite
Don't let your work go to waste, I know it is very demoralizing when the same song is mapped and ranked by someone else and you lose the feeling of having made something unique, but think about it again.
You have the chance to make your map better than the other.
Even if it is the same song, every mapper has own way of mapping.
You are a good mapper so you should continue with what you do.
It's your choice in the end, (you shouldn't care that much about ranking, care more about quality and fun of your maps)
Topic Starter
Kawayi Rika
Thanks Kite Support me ~ I don't give up ~

Before it is very sad T_T
Saten
wmfchris
blissfulyoshi
What was changed so far (records):
Timing for the first section is now 239

One small thing left:
Saten's Normal: (already pmed saten about it)
00:53:004 (1) - It looks like you wanted to make an S shape, but currently it is just looks like a line with no defined curve which is not that great to look at

Once I hear a reply from Saten-san, I'll bubble.
Saten
yoshi will fix the slider~
Topic Starter
Kawayi Rika
OK ~ update thank you ~
blissfulyoshi
Bubbled!
wmfchris
blissfulyoshi
Okay me and sapphire had a few problems with 1/6 snaps in the map so all the drum rolls in Tuhard, and Saten's Normal should have fixed snaps now.

Beyond that, Saten's Normal: 00:53:004 (1) - updated a bit to be a bit better

With that I am going to rebubble.

Notes:
Jojo wants to keep tick rate 2 while everyone wants tick rate 1
Wmf has 1 1/8th note in his diff, but since he says it is a 3/8th snap, I guess it is allowed. (For reference it is 00:41:249 (229) - )
SapphireGhost
Alright, two BATs and three major taiko players have checked the snapping on this. This has pretty much been the biggest snapping nightmare I've ever modded. Several people have modded this for several hours over several days, all my concerns have been addressed... it's really time to rank this. For real. And yes, I'm being more careful this time.
ertyukjh010
恭喜日卡 :lol:
Vicho
congratz u.u Rika won! yayayayay *clapclapclap* orz
Darksonic
Gratz moe moe Rika :3
Topic Starter
Kawayi Rika
Thanks SG,ert,sonic :3
Snow Note
恭喜Rika Ranked!~ :)
Vicho